• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Forums - Zelda Dungeon Forums

thePlinko
thePlinko
Oof. I’d still recommend you at least try to play the original 3 first but if you’d rather play Miracle Mask first just because your friend lent it to you then I won’t stop you. MM is my least favorite of the main 6, specifically because its story is underwhelming and the last few hours are a complete drag.
Uwu_Oocoo2
Uwu_Oocoo2
My zelda brain read mm, thought majora's mask and got confused lol.
Since I have it I'll play this game first. Afterwards I'll see if I can't back up, check out the classics and get some context.
thePlinko
thePlinko
You are quite possibly the first person I have directly spoken to that actually likes Miracle Mask lol. That dungeon just bored me to tears and the ending just felt too predictable I guess. I’m glad you enjoyed it though.
Uwu_Oocoo2
Uwu_Oocoo2
Well, I'm a sucker for dramatic character reveals. I also did the entire dungeon in one sitting (not realizing how long it was) so by not dragging it out it wasn't so bad. Personally I though this one was really good.
thePlinko
thePlinko
See thats the thing, I did the dungeon in one sitting too thinking that the game was almost at its climax and that this would be a short diversion like the horse minigame was, and by the time I got done with it i was so drained that I couldn’t bother to care about nearly anything.
Uwu_Oocoo2
Uwu_Oocoo2
Yeah it took me 2 hours so I had to take a long break afterwards lol. I'm way too plot obsessed so that kept me going until the real climax (aka the hotel).
thePlinko
thePlinko
I wonder how you’ll like Azran Legacy. Its easily the most divisive game of the 6, but it’s my personal favorite of the prequels
Uwu_Oocoo2
Uwu_Oocoo2
I've been told it has a lot of Descole, so between that and those end credit scenes I'm super excited. My rating will probably be up within the next couple weeks!
thePlinko
thePlinko
It does…. Kinda. I’m not gonna spoil it, but you should be able to figure out what I mean very quickly.
thePlinko
thePlinko
I actually just remembered something, you didn’t happen to notice any similarities between Miracle Mask’s plot and a certain Zelda game, did you?
Uwu_Oocoo2
Uwu_Oocoo2
BRO THE 2 MM GAMES I feel like I read somewhere about some japanese mask festival Majora's Mask was based off of? I figured Miracle Mask may have been inspired by the same thing. On a similar note, my friend has reported seeing sheikah eyes in the ruins of a couple Layton games, presumably ones I haven't played yet.
thePlinko
thePlinko
Ok good so I’m not the only one who noticed it. I don’t remember ever seeing any sheikah eyes in any of the games, though it has been a while since I’ve played any of the 3DS games. The only one with ruins that you haven’t played yet is Azran Legacy, so that would probably be the one it’s in.
Uwu_Oocoo2
Uwu_Oocoo2
I remember her mentioning it a while back so I'll keep an eye out (ha ha)
But yeah when they first mentioned the monte'dor Mask festival I was thinking about that, it's a cool connection.
thePlinko
thePlinko
Well it’s not even just the fact that there are masks. Both of the plots can be (poorly) explained with “boy thinks that he’s been abandoned by his friends and is angry because of it, so an evil entity uses a mask to persuade him into using that anger to cause chaos on a bustling city and destroy it just before a festival.”
thePlinko
thePlinko
I’m glad you liked Azran Legacy. Like I said it’s my favorite of the prequels. That being said, I really didn’t like the “we all died but came back to life immediately after” ending. It felt way too forced to me. I think that it would’ve been better if just one of the characters that didn’t appear in the original trilogy like Emmy or Descole sacrificed themselves instead, without being revived. Apart from that, it’s story is pretty good. I still think that all 3 of the originals beat it out fir me though.
Uwu_Oocoo2
Uwu_Oocoo2
Literally 2 seconds after I met Aurora I was like "she seems like she'd just fade away dramatically at the end" and totally called that one. The ending probably would have had more impact if someone did actually sacrifice themselves, but I love all the characters too much so I'm happy lol. I'm gonna take a bit of a puzzle break for now to let my brain rest but I'll definately start the first game in a month or two.
thePlinko
thePlinko
Well before you start Curious Village you should definitely know something: forget everything you know about the prequels. And I don’t just mean the story. I mean the tone, atmosphere, characters, even the puzzles.

CV, and to a lesser extent DB, takes a far less grand approach to it all. It has an emphasis on the fact that Hershel and Luke are in a tiny, quiet village in the middle of nowhere. It’s supposed to feel odd, but comforting at the same time. Since it’s the first game, they have an explanation for why there are so many puzzles being “the 30 or so people living here really like them.” You’re not saving the world in this one, or even really the town. There’s conflict and action, but its rather limited.

Basically, what I’m trying to say is to go into it with the mindset that it’s going to be less of an adventure and more of a quiet romp.

Also I hope you’re ok with Descole leaving because he never appears again and instead the recurring villain in the originals is literally just Waluigi.
Top Bottom