• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Forums - Zelda Dungeon Forums

Soul
Soul
Ah ok, I see your point, and I can't reasonably argue against it. I think that's just not something I was looking for in the overworld, but I can see how that would have improved it. Even having some little secrets, like finding a hermit with a witty line of dialogue somewhere or something, would have been cool.
Soul
Soul
That said, I greatly enjoy the game's overworld, but that's probably for different reasons. I rarely use quick travel in videogames because I like to feel like I'm playing in a huge world that's connected.
Soul
Soul
Twilight Princess largely let's me do just that, without too much stuff to distract me, but enough to spend some time spelunking if I feel up for it. That's just me though, and I understand where you're coming from.

Out of interest, what would you say is a good Zelda overworld?
Spiritual Mask Salesman
Spiritual Mask Salesman
Exactly, and this is something I hope Zelda Wii U improves on. Give us more diverse sidequests.
Spiritual Mask Salesman
Spiritual Mask Salesman
Something like what Zelda Wii U is supposedly going to accomplish, but with more sidequests besides the average fetch quests, and your grinding quests (looking for hearts, rupees, and stuff)
Soul
Soul
Like what, for example? I enjoy the silly collection quests, but I'm intrigued by this idea.
Spiritual Mask Salesman
Spiritual Mask Salesman
Like actually have people you can talk to in the overworld, that could easily make it interesting.

Make some type of new sidequest besides heart collecting. It can still be a fetch quests in ways but just executed differently. That's what I mean.
Top Bottom