• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Forums - Zelda Dungeon Forums

ZeldafreakCJM
ZeldafreakCJM
Yes, I'm the same person, I made this account a long time ago, so it has a different username.
Spiritual Mask Salesman
Spiritual Mask Salesman
Oh.Yeah I joined this forum before ZU's. My username over there is Scribe of Spirit.
ZeldafreakCJM
ZeldafreakCJM
Sounds somewhat familiar. I don't know though, I don't post that much on either forum, I just use both for news, and occasionally ranting. :P
Spiritual Mask Salesman
Spiritual Mask Salesman
I'm more active on this forum than on ZU's. I'll follow you over here and over there :coolsar:
ZeldafreakCJM
ZeldafreakCJM
Cool. I'll follow ya back.
Spiritual Mask Salesman
Spiritual Mask Salesman
So what are your favorite Zelda games?
ZeldafreakCJM
ZeldafreakCJM
Well, I'll try to follow you on ZU, their website is confusing.
ZeldafreakCJM
ZeldafreakCJM
I've honestly enjoyed them all, but I'd say I enjoy TP the most, not really sure why.
Spiritual Mask Salesman
Spiritual Mask Salesman
To follow someone all you have to do is go on the profile of the member you want to follow, you'll see a + tab somewere on the upper right area of the page, click it and you'll be following that person.
Spiritual Mask Salesman
Spiritual Mask Salesman
My favorite game would probably be Ocarina of Time, but I also like Majora's Mask alot., I tend to go back and forth between the two.
ZeldafreakCJM
ZeldafreakCJM
I found it, Firefox, was hiding half the options.

As for Zelda, I don't know, personally I've felt my fandom for the series changing a bit, I don't much care for the direction it's heading I guess.
Spiritual Mask Salesman
Spiritual Mask Salesman
I like the direction of eliminating linearity, I just wish it would have happened sooner. Skyward Sword would have been a lot better if it would have turned out how Zelda Wii U is supposed to be.
ZeldafreakCJM
ZeldafreakCJM
I do enjoy the direction they're taking in regards to linearity, though I don't think the ALBW approach is the best route...I just, I don't know, when Anouma started talking about conventions and all that, I just thought that meant changing the structure of the game and maybe small things in the story, but then there was all that hoopla about Link being changed, which is what I'm really really really against.
ZeldafreakCJM
ZeldafreakCJM
You don't just change such a significant iconic part of the brand of Zelda, and the idea that Aonuma, even may be thinking about it slightly, sorta makes me loose a bit of respect for him. I mean I know I talk about this a lot, everywhere, but why at all should Link be changed? It just so asinine and completely out of left field for me, that I just can't even think straight when the topic comes up
ZeldafreakCJM
ZeldafreakCJM
and no offense as I don't know your stance, but the fact that there's actually people in support of the idea only makes it worse, I mean how can anyone look at a character that's practically on the same level as Mario and think "yeah let's change him to a girl, no one will have an issue with that." I just don't see the logic.
ZeldafreakCJM
ZeldafreakCJM
I don't know, with HW almost having Linkle, and TFH feeling like it's trying to soften the blow with those dumb costumes, I just don't think I can really be the same type of fan that I was, I just can't support Link being changed, and this is only made worse because I've gotten to the point where I associate everything Zelda related with the idea,
ZeldafreakCJM
ZeldafreakCJM
and I can't even look at anything without getting a little bit anxious or sad.

I don't know, at the very least I feel like my fandom has been severely strained by both Aonuma, and that silly debate, sorry for the random venting/whining, I like talking about this as it helps me sorta calm down a bit.
Top Bottom