• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom Main quest or side quests?

Do you do the main quest for most of the game, or just side quests until you get bored?

• Total voters

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I do a mix of the two. I always make it a point to finish all side content I possibly can before continuing the main story, and in the case of TotK, I do the main story in chunks. I do all the side content in the area leading up to a main quest, then I get the main quest done in one go, then I do everything new that opened up before I move on to the next area. Rinse and repeat. I play every game like that.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I do a mix of the two. I always make it a point to finish all side content I possibly can before continuing the main story, and in the case of TotK, I do the main story in chunks. I do all the side content in the area leading up to a main quest, then I get the main quest done in one go, then I do everything new that opened up before I move on to the next area. Rinse and repeat. I play every game like that.

Same. I use main quests as vague destinations but I make it a point to engage with anything I can on my way over. That's my usual approach to any game but in hindsight, I think it was a mistake in Tears of the Kingdom to a point. The main quests should definitely be prioritized for the abilities as I got a lot them pretty late and had already completed a bunch of side content that could have made use of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom