• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Twilight Princess HD confirmed

The game was just announced people. I was unimpressed, like most people, but there is still plenty of time to make the game look awesome. Besides, the trailer hardly showed any gameplay, maybe 20 seconds. No need to be so pessimistic about it QUITE yet.

If the game still looks unimpressive in January or February, then getting pissed at Nintendo would be more realistic.

I can't tell if this is madness or genius.

It's madness that they put so little effort into this even though it's the best selling Zelda title, whereas they completely overhauled Wind Waker, which was a base breaker.

It's genius in that--somehow--they seem to be succeeding. People are already seeming to throw themselves at the opportunity to spend $60 on a port.

Damn. I haven't actually thought of it that way at all. If this doesn't prove Aonuma's bias in favor of the WW style, then I don't know what does. The man has been quite vocal about his "vision" for Zelda, and he's quite forceful in shoving this vision down the fan's throats (PH, ST, and SS are all proof of the series abandoning its conventions and slowly transitioning to Aonuma's favorite art style of eye-straining rainbow-blast shading anywhere and everywhere).

The funny thing is that TPHD will most definitely outsell WWHD (TP's sales on the Wii alone completely dominated WW's even if we include WWHD, and TPHD is now bundled with an exclusive amiibo), despite Nintendo seemingly having placed a great deal more effort into the latter from what we know.

In a way, I guess it's good business. I for one will be eating it up like a good Nintendrone should, purely on my childhood nostalgia. The only problem is that TP marks the end of my nostalgia with the Zelda series, so Nintendo is running out of fuel fast on that front.

They have FOUR MONTHS to concentrate on making it look gorgeous.

They seem to have a working build of the game already, four months is enough time to make tphd look the way we imagined.

Hyrule warriors looked meh right up until its final trailer.

I'm sure tphd will look better when next we see them. The cat was our of the bag after the data mining, maybe Nintendo just rushed the announcement.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
List of remakes within just four years: Four swords Anniversary Edition, Ocarina of Time 3D, Wind Waker HD, Majora's Mask 3D, Hyrule Warriors Legends (holy crap why remake a game one year old), and now Twilight Princess HD.

Small rant: Since Nintendo thinks we haven't gotten enough remakes yet, would you like to see a Zelda U remake? Like **** it! If we can get a Hyrule Warriors remake, I'm sure this is plausible. I don't care if they take minimal resources to make; the originals are fine and could simply be ported on the VC (yes obviously with all the major changes I think they're remakes, not ports). Hyrule Warriors Legends seems to be the only game adding new substantial content.

I'm worried about over saturation. Guys, am I alone in believing most of these remakes are poorly made and released too close together?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
List of remakes within just four years: Four swords Anniversary Edition, Ocarina of Time 3D, Wind Waker HD, Majora's Mask 3D, Hyrule Warriors Legends (holy crap why remake a game one year old), and now Twilight Princess HD.

Small rant: Since Nintendo thinks we haven't gotten enough remakes yet, would you like to see a Zelda U remake? Like **** it! If we can get a Hyrule Warriors remake, I'm sure this is plausible. I don't care if they take minimal resources to make; the originals are fine and could simply be ported on the VC (yes obviously with all the major changes I think they're remakes, not ports). Hyrule Warriors Legends seems to be the only game adding new substantial content.

I'm worried about over saturation. Guys, am I alone in believing most of these remakes are poorly made and released too close together?

Over saturation is not an issue, there is no evidence to suggest the release of remakes hinders the sales of new games or other remakes. People buy the remakes of the games they enjoy.

Unfortunately alot of these remakes are poorly made as you said as in they are simple ports rather than remakes. Unless games are brought up to compete with modern standards then those who have never played them before are unlikely to want to buy them.

TPHD for example, may look cleaner than the original, which fans of the original would buy anyway but it has bad graphics in comparison to modern games, it does not look good in any sense of the word and therefore is not going to appeal like a modern game such as Xenoblade X would.

They have FOUR MONTHS to concentrate on making it look gorgeous.

They seem to have a working build of the game already, four months is enough time to make tphd look the way we imagined.

Hyrule warriors looked meh right up until its final trailer.

I'm sure tphd will look better when next we see them. The cat was our of the bag after the data mining, maybe Nintendo just rushed the announcement.

I think you might be up for some of what Nintendo dishes out best...disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs

legends is more so a 3ds port,not really a remake
also you could be mad at nintendo for consistently rehashing/remaking their games for like the past 5 years,or you could throw in the towel and not care for it anymore,which is why i'm so lukewarm for this release [besides,ocarina 3d is the only redone game i have,i don't plan on buying the rest]
speaking of which,SKYWARD SWORD HD WHEN

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
legends is more so a 3ds port,not really a remake
also you could be mad at nintendo for consistently rehashing/remaking their games for like the past 5 years,or you could throw in the towel and not care for it anymore,which is why i'm so lukewarm for this release [besides,ocarina 3d is the only redone game i have,i don't plan on buying the rest]
speaking of which,SKYWARD SWORD HD WHEN
It will come out when Zelda Wii U is delayed to 2017 and they need yet another Zelda title to keep us busy.

It seems like you guys don't understand that this isn't a remake. It's just an HD update. All they needed to do is upscale the textures, and if you compare them to how they looked on the GCN and Wii, you can tell that they look miles better.

x1A9sbY.png

5ZeXuAB.png

(The right is Wii U) I mean, look at how much better Link's clothing looks on the Wii U version.
N5cggPE.png

Look at how much better it looks just from making the textures better.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It seems like you guys don't understand that this isn't a remake. It's just an HD update. All they needed to do is upscale the textures, and if you compare them to how they looked on the GCN and Wii, you can tell that they look miles better.

x1A9sbY.png

5ZeXuAB.png

(The right is Wii U)
N5cggPE.png
Remake, graphical update, same difference. :P

But those aren't good comparison pictures because the first one is using a GC screenshot with incredibly ****ty picture quality; not very fair. And the bottom two comparisons don't look the slightest bit different. The only noteworthy difference is that they made the triforce thing on the ground look different, but that says nothing about the graphical quality.

Of course, they've got 4 months to patch it up But all the complaining is perfectly justified for what we've seen thus far.

I think you might be up for some of what Nintendo dishes out best...disappointment.

Probably but to be honest I'm fine with what I saw. Yeah its not the shiny built from the ground up remake I wanted (yet, maybe) but I'm more than happy to play a crisper looking version of a game I love in widescreen on my wiiU. It'd save me loading up my gc all the time and faffing with wires.

Had this been wii orientation I would have scoffed but right now its a better looking version of a game I already love.

If they release it as it is ill be okay with it. But surely in four months it'll look better, might not ever get to the standard we all hoped but there'll be improvements to the visuals between now and then.

Guys, am I alone in believing most of these remakes are poorly made and released too close together?

Remakes being poorly made? I would disagree, as I believe OoT3D, MM3D, and WWHD were all very good remakes that fixed some glaring problems with the original game. Never been a Four Swords fan, and I think Hyrule Warriors Legends is more of an underwhelming port that has to rely on new characters to make up for its lack of technical prowess than anything.

Too close together? Yeah, I'd probably agree with that. Nintendo is just in this weird state where their home console is quickly being aborted, and they have to keep their heads afloat somehow. 3D Zelda makes for an excellent crutch due to a large amount of the gaming market just eating it up for nostalgia's sake, so they've been milking that for all it's worth here recently.

I think Pokemon honestly does the whole remake thing better. Is it predictable? Sure, but it makes sense and is good timing whenever they do it, because usually two or three generations have passed since we got the original game (which translates anywhere from 6 years to 12 years). The leap in handheld technology is always huge, and the games usually always bring about new ways to get hard-to-capture Pokemon that aren't native to a particular generation.

I honestly think the smarter move to keep everything going until Zelda U would be a full-blown HD collection of all the 3D games.

This weird state where OoT's and MM's are on the 3DS, WW's got a massive update on the Wii U, and TP is just getting a simple remaster on the Wii U is a system lacking in uniformality that slightly annoys me.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have another complaint!
This is for Zelda's 30th Anniversary according to Nintendo, so you'd think that if not just for the simple reason it's a beloved game and one of the most critically acclaimed, loved and best selling Zeldas, they'd at least put special effort in for a 30th anniversary project. This just tells us they don't give a **** about the fans, they just want to churn some quick and easy cash and milk us like cows, they are even putting amiibo compatibility in to make you spend more.

Microsoft put loads of effort into the halo 2 remake, even hiring a team to create movie standard CGI cutscenes, but Nintendo wont even make an effort with the graphics in TPHD. I realise now Nintendo are actually worse than EA.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I have another complaint!
This is for Zelda's 30th Anniversary according to Nintendo, so you'd think that if not just for the simple reason it's a beloved game and one of the most critically acclaimed, loved and best selling Zeldas, they'd at least put special effort in for a 30th anniversary project. This just tells us they don't give a **** about the fans, they just want to churn some quick and easy cash and milk us like cows, they are even putting amiibo compatibility in to make you spend more.

Microsoft put loads of effort into the halo 2 remake, even hiring a team to create movie standard CGI cutscenes, but Nintendo wont even make an effort with the graphics in TPHD. I realise now Nintendo are actually worse than EA.
They just love us sooooo much, we're little dollar signs to them bro.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They just love us sooooo much, we're little dollar signs to them bro.

The thing is they could actually make more money if they did things differently. There is no logic to Nintendo's actions.

Lol keep dreaming.
EA make the games the fans want, they've done some bad things in the past with paid DLC that gives you the end of the game, but Nintendo are pulling this Amiibo scam, putting no effort into remaking beloved games, putting no effort into their new games, they are also releasing loads of paid DLC. Smash for instance costs well over £100 if you want all of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom