• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How did you first experience zelda for the first time and what was it like

Did you like your first zelda game?

• Yes

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

youpster900

Pottery=Mortal Enemy!
For me , I watche'd Chuggaaconroy's let's play on wind waker and it got me hooked but unfortunately my gamecube broke down and all I had was my wii and 3ds , so I downloaded the 4 four swords anniversary edition for free on the 3ds eshop but I was very disapointed but then I saw a review of a game called ocarina of time that I did not even know existed (I thought there was only four swords and wind waker to be honest) and the game looked great so I sked my dad for some wii points and bought it on the wii shop channel and that is how my journey to zelda started.So in conclusion the first zelda game I knew was wind waker , the first one I played was Four swords(Even if it was 1h) and the first zelda game I felt passionate about and loved it to death was ocarina of time.

youpster900

Pottery=Mortal Enemy!
My bad guys I wanted to say "Did you like your first zelda game?" In the poll title , sorry about that.

Reactions: Dan

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
For me, it was when I was a child. I went over my cousins house and he was showing my father a new game he got for the Nintendo 64. It was Ocarina of Time. He was just running around in Hyrule Field, but I was so impressed, I knew I'd have to play this game. My dad ended up buying it and the rest is history.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
My first with Zelda was the original on the nes. I occassionally tried it and being lost. I also enjoyed watching my dad play the game. I'm a bit sad that he beat it yet I still have not.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My bad guys I wanted to say "Did you like your first zelda game?" In the poll title , sorry about that.
No worries ;) I edited it for you.

My first game was Phantom Hourglass and I got it in 2008. I loved it. It was the first time ever and I got hooked to the franchise ever since. It was definitely not the best zelda game I ever played but it was a great start for me to get into the game. This is when I started to become addicted to the world of zelda.

When I first heard about Legend of Zelda it was from Ocarina of Time. My friend in middle school said he got it and loved it. He was trying to describe it to me and something about his words made me ask about jumping. He told me there was no 'jump' button, and that you just do it by running off of things. I thought that was silly and stupid and that a game couldn't possibly be good without jumping (hey, don't hate on me, I was like 11 or 12 years old okay?)

Then come the Christmas shopping season, I played it on a demo kiosk in a Best Buy, one of the good ones that was an actual copy of the game, not a demo that resets every five minutes. All I did was faff about in Kakariko Village for a while and beat up a chicken, and figure out that i could make HOLY **** I CAN MAKE THAT FAIRY COME OUT OF MY HAT AND THEN GO BACK IN MY HAT. I found my mom and dad, and told them they could keep everything if they'd just get me this one game. My parents being awesome, of course, did not only get me one present for christmas but they did get me Ocarina of Time. I've been dangerously going alone since.

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
I'd bought ALttP at a pawn shop (I think) when I was about 6 or 7. I played a lot on the existing file which already had the Master Sword. Whenever I'd start a new file, I'd usually just save Zelda then go around doing odd things. I don't think I ever actually got anything done so I traded it for a WWF game and regretted it years later.

Found an old N64 and SNES in a storage building and one of the games with it was OoT. I was officially hooked after the first dungeon!! After I beat it, I decided to try ALttP again so I got it for GBA and it took me about a month to beat it.

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
I rented Twilight Princess for the Wii, played it for 3 hours, couldn't get past the village segment, got frustrated, and didn't play another Zelda game for at least a year.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I got a Gamecube with Collector's Edition, and started out by playing the Wind Waker Demo. I wasn't able to understand the game for the most part though, being too young, but I had fun until I moved onto other games. In second grade a new guy moved in down the road who was a huge Zelda fan, and he brought back my love for the series.

Last edited:
My parents bought an N64 for my brothers and I in either 1998 or 1999. I can't remember the exact year. I had a lot of fun with the start of Ocarina of Time, but unfortunately, my infant brain was too dumb to figure out you had to jump down and break the spider web to get to the basement floors of the Deku Tree.

The other N64 game I owned at the time was Super Mario 64. I loved that game, and I definitely credit it and Super Mario World, which I later played on GBA, for making me a huge Mario fan.

While I played a lot of Mario in the coming years, I forgot about Zelda until Twilight Princess released. I loved that game,and it made me go back to Ocarina of Time. Even though TP took a lot of inspiration from OoT, I think Ocarina of Time did better. Yes, I loved Ocarina of Time, but it took me many years to truly appreciate how great it was.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
My first Zelda game was A Link to the Past, but the time of which I first picked up a gaming controller was also the time that my brain couldn't full comprehend what was happening on the screen. I returned to this game when I was a few years older and loved it. Ocarina of Time furthered the addiction, and I've been a fan of the series ever since.

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
My parents bought an N64 for my brothers and I in either 1998 or 1999. I can't remember the exact year. I had a lot of fun with the start of Ocarina of Time, but unfortunately, my infant brain was too dumb to figure out you had to jump down and break the spider web to get to the basement floors of the Deku Tree.

The other N64 game I owned at the time was Super Mario 64. I loved that game, and I definitely credit it and Super Mario World, which I later played on GBA, for making me a huge Mario fan.

While I played a lot of Mario in the coming years, I forgot about Zelda until Twilight Princess released. I loved that game,and it made me go back to Ocarina of Time. Even though TP took a lot of inspiration from OoT, I think Ocarina of Time did better. Yes, I loved Ocarina of Time, but it took me many years to truly appreciate how great it was.
I can just see your reaction!!

Masked Bastard

formerly Captain B
My first Legend of Zelda game was The Legend of Zelda. I remember getting a green baseball cap with it, that had Link on it. It's kind of weird though, because you spent most of the game with the blue ring on, so you were blueish white. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom