• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda at E3 2015

Obviously we already know that Zelda Wii U won't be coming out this year and it won't even be shown at E3. But..... Is there any chance that we get a pleasant surprise and Nintendo reveals a new 3DS Zelda title? I think there's a strong possibility! Shortly after ALBW came out Nintendo pretty much said they were already working on a new Zelda title for the 3DS. And its been almost 2 years since then so it might be well into development. So I don't see why they couldn't show it off at E3. Atleast show us a short trailer or something to make up for Zelda wii u being delayed. Personally, I'm hoping they are working on a remake of the original Zelda. It deserves a remake more than any other game in the series and with the series 30th anniversary rapidly approaching it would make sense to release it then. Maybe we'll see it at E3 and it will release in early 2016. What do you think?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
A Link Between Worlds came out a little over a year ago and Majora's Mask is only a few months old, so I'd wager that there will be no mention of anything 3DS in regard to Zelda.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Obviously we already know that Zelda Wii U won't be coming out this year and it won't even be shown at E3. But..... Is there any chance that we get a pleasant surprise and Nintendo reveals a new 3DS Zelda title? I think there's a strong possibility! Shortly after ALBW came out Nintendo pretty much said they were already working on a new Zelda title for the 3DS. And its been almost 2 years since then so it might be well into development. So I don't see why they couldn't show it off at E3. Atleast show us a short trailer or something to make up for Zelda wii u being delayed. Personally, I'm hoping they are working on a remake of the original Zelda. It deserves a remake more than any other game in the series and with the series 30th anniversary rapidly approaching it would make sense to release it then. Maybe we'll see it at E3 and it will release in early 2016. What do you think?

Unfortunately, I don't see any that happening. Don't give up too much hope. They're not working any new Zelda for 3DS right now. They said countless times that after WW HD, ALBW, HW, and MM 3D finished, Zelda U would be the prime focus for Zelda. Sadly, this means no new handheld games, no new spinoffs, parodies, remakes, or any of that until after Zelda U is finished and released, which probably won't be until 2017 at the earliest anyways.

Nintendo is hard at work on making some serious overhaul changes and makeovers for Zelda U. That's the real reason why they can't show anything of the game's current status at E3 this year at all. Probably won't see the game next year at all either for the same reasons.

Source?

Aonuma said that a lot of new ideas came up that are being implemented into Zelda U right now.

Think back to what happened to SS. In the never shown 2008 version, it's said that SS was originally not going to use the Wii Motion Plus because:
  1. Nintendo thought that SS would be ready for 2009 and that was before Wii Motion Plus released.
  2. Because of the Wii Motion Plus and the stunning success of Wii Sports Resort, the Zelda team decided to inspiration from that and their ideas for SS changed to the SS we now know of today thus first delayed the game's release from 2009 to 2010, then finally, to 2011.
  3. SS's development was started probably sometime in 2005 or 2006, without the Wii Motion Plus in mind.
Plus, the same, of course happened with OoT, multiple times!

So, with that said, I would assume that we may not see Zelda U ever again anytime soon. Probably not until the year that the game will finally release, which will probably be 2017 at earliest.

Weren't they talking about Majora's Mask?

Yes, they were...unfortunately. :(

A Link Between Worlds came out a little over a year ago and Majora's Mask is only a few months old, so I'd wager that there will be no mention of anything 3DS in regard to Zelda.

So sad but so very true...unfortunately. :(

Unfortunately, I don't see any that happening. Don't give up too much hope. They're not working any new Zelda for 3DS right now. They said countless times that after WW HD, ALBW, HW, and MM 3D finished, Zelda U would be the prime focus for Zelda. Sadly, this means no new handheld games, no new spinoffs, parodies, remakes, or any of that until after Zelda U is finished and released, which probably won't be until 2017 at the earliest anyways.

Nintendo is hard at work on making some serious overhaul changes and makeovers for Zelda U. That's the real reason why they can't show anything of the game's current status at E3 this year at all. Probably won't see the game next year at all either for the same reasons.

Source?

Aonuma said that a lot of new ideas came up that are being implemented into Zelda U right now.

Think back to what happened to SS. In the never shown 2008 version, it's said that SS was originally not going to use the Wii Motion Plus because:
  1. Nintendo thought that SS would be ready for 2009 and that was before Wii Motion Plus released.
  2. Because of the Wii Motion Plus and the stunning success of Wii Sports Resort, the Zelda team decided to inspiration from that and their ideas for SS changed to the SS we now know of today thus first delayed the game's release from 2009 to 2010, then finally, to 2011.
  3. SS's development was started probably sometime in 2005 or 2006, without the Wii Motion Plus in mind.
Plus, the same, of course happened with OoT, multiple times!

So, with that said, I would assume that we may not see Zelda U ever again anytime soon. Probably not until the year that the game will finally release, which will probably be 2017 at earliest.

Yes, they were...unfortunately. :(

So sad but so very true...unfortunately. :(

First you said 2016, then 2017? Where are you getting the numbers? Curious, is all.

I don't think Nintendo can afford a 2017 release. Without Zelda U, the Wii U will be dead and buried by then.

ALBW came out in November 2013, which was about a year and a half ago.
A few months later Nintendo pretty much said that they were working on a brand new Zelda game for the 3DS. When they said that I don't think they were talking about Majora's Mask 3DS, although I could be wrong about that. Didn't Grezzo do MM3DS anyway? So who's to say that Nintendo hasn't been working on another 3DS Zelda since ALBW? I personally think we'll be finding out about a new 3DS Zelda soon, hopefully its at E3. I guess we'll know soon enough.

VitaTempusN92

First you said 2016, then 2017? Where are you getting the numbers? Curious, is all.

I don't think Nintendo can afford a 2017 release. Without Zelda U, the Wii U will be dead and buried by then.

The Wii U is already almost pretty much dead anyways so by the time Zelda U comes out, next year, 2017, or neither, the system will already be dead by then. So one game isn't going to fix anything at this point in this kind of situation. I'm sorry.

Which is a shame, because it's actually a very unique and versatile system.

If the NX is going to be a unified system, both home console and handheld, that would be better than Wii U wouldn't it?

Though, since Nintendo keeps foolishly saying that they're not abandoning the Wii U, trying to press the Wii U forward for a few more years, I doubt the NX will be unified system, let alone even happen (at least not in way we think anyways). I think the NX will probably just be a non-physical system or more like a program that links the Wii U and the 3DS with other mobile devices. Unfortunately, I see to be more the case.

Yes, cause apparently Nintendo doesn't know what the heck they are doing anymore. :(

ALBW came out in November 2013, which was about a year and a half ago.
A few months later Nintendo pretty much said that they were working on a brand new Zelda game for the 3DS. When they said that I don't think they were talking about Majora's Mask 3DS, although I could be wrong about that. Didn't Grezzo do MM3DS anyway? So who's to say that Nintendo hasn't been working on another 3DS Zelda since ALBW? I personally think we'll be finding out about a new 3DS Zelda soon, hopefully its at E3. I guess we'll know soon enough.

1) Nintendo was just referring to MM 3D

2) Nintendo said countless times that their one and only prime focus right now is Zelda U and only Zelda U! So I doubt that they would have anyone take a break from Zelda U to go work on the next handheld game. They are very desperate to Zelda U finished as soon as they possibly can but at same make sure it's also really good and stable that they won't even take the time show anything new of the game at this year's E3.

So, with all that said, we can already confirm that, unfortunately, there won't anything Zelda related at all this year's E3 because of Zelda U! Which, like I said, probably won't seen ever again until the year it will finally release which, like I said, will most likely be 2017 at the earliest. Which, by the way, this, unfortunately, means that we won't see anything Zelda related (officially from Nintendo that is) at all until 2017!

I think the most we will probably get of Zelda U (of visual content anyways) is probably just some artwork and maybe some screenshots which we probably won't see until at least E3 2016 anyways.

So, sorry, as much as I would like to see a new handheld game be revealed and released anytime before Zelda U, judging by what is already confirmed by Nintendo themselves, I just don't see that happening. I'm sorry.

The Wii U is already almost pretty much dead anyways so by the time Zelda U comes out, next year, 2017, or neither, the system will already be dead by then. So one game isn't going to fix anything at this point in this kind of situation. I'm sorry.

Moreso for the game's sake. The Wii U can't be saved at this point, anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. But there's still a little momentum left, a little spark in the fanbase, and Zelda U, if it wants to sell well, should take advantage of that before it dies.

VitaTempusN92

Moreso for the game's sake. The Wii U can't be saved at this point, anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. But there's still a little momentum left, a little spark in the fanbase, and Zelda U, if it wants to sell well, should take advantage of that before it dies.

I did not say that Nintendo will abandon the Wii U in favor of the NX. I said that Nintendo should just make the NX be the next system since the Wii U is pretty much doomed anyways and maybe have a New Wii U to go along with the New 3DS to allow people to get a full taste of what the NX, as a unified system will have to offer.

Unfortunately, Nintendo is deciding to take the suicide route by holding on to their precious now sickly ill Wii U for dear life, for at least four or more more years, hoping to save it's life, without realizing just how bad that plan is for business.

That's what I was trying to say.

If you read the part of my post of what I said to AncientPoe, you would know that.

I agree, but what's bugging me is where you're getting these numbers, that's all. Why four or more years specifically? Why not one, or two, in contrast?

I seriously doubt the WiiU is going anywhere for years, especially when people are just starting to appreciate it. Nintendo has never struck me as being worried about keeping up with the Joneses. As long as they make money, they don't care what everyone else is doing. (And frankly I think it's their biggest strength as a business.) This is why Nintendo is seemingly immune to any console wars.

The info on the "NX" came out around the time Nintendo said they wanted to get into the "mobile" platform. Mark my words, the NX is a smartphone.

VitaTempusN92

I seriously doubt the WiiU is going anywhere for years, especially when people are just starting to appreciate it. Nintendo has never struck me as being worried about keeping up with the Joneses. As long as they make money, they don't care what everyone else is doing. (And frankly I think it's their biggest strength as a business.) This is why Nintendo is seemingly immune to any console wars.

The info on the "NX" came out around the time Nintendo said they wanted to get into the "mobile" platform. Mark my words, the NX is a smartphone.

The NX is not a smartphone. Nintendo made that clear when said that people will be able to play new nintendo mobile games on their phones, starting sometime this year.

They also said that can't rerelease any already existing Nintendo games on any mobile platforms.

This, essentially means, the NX is definitely not a smartphone!

It is confirmed that the NX will have some connection to mobile phones but that doesn't mean it will be a phone itself. Nintendo would not make a smartphone just so can play Nintendo games on the other smartphone that you already have by that point!

Like I said I previous posts, the NX could one of three things:
  1. A handheld that links to mobile platforms.
  2. A unified system (both home console and handheld console) that links to mobile platforms.
  3. A system that just links your Wii U and 3DS to mobile platforms.
Unfortunately, judging by Nintendo has been saying lately, they seem to be taking the suicide route and going with #3.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
The NX is not a smartphone. Nintendo made that clear when said that people will be able to play new nintendo mobile games on their phones, starting sometime this year.

They also said that can't rerelease any already existing Nintendo games on any mobile platforms.

This, essentially means, the NX is definitely not a smartphone!

It is confirmed that the NX will have some connection to mobile phones but that doesn't mean it will be a phone itself. Nintendo would not make a smartphone just so can play Nintendo games on the other smartphone that you already have by that point!

Like I said I previous posts, the NX could one of three things:
  1. A handheld that links to mobile platforms.
  2. A unified system (both home console and handheld console) that links to mobile platforms.
  3. A system that just links your Wii U and 3DS to mobile platforms.
Unfortunately, judging by Nintendo has been saying lately, they seem to be taking the suicide route and going with #3.
Dude, you need to stop talking like you know better than a gaming company that's been releasing some of the most popular hardware and software ever since way before you were born. The Wii U might not be doing as well as some other consoles, but it's a good system and there are plenty of great games coming out for it this year and next year. Delaying a game so it can be the best game possible isn't a sign of not knowing what you're doing. Even if from a business stand point it won't make them the most money, from the view of a fan it's something I really appreciate about Nintendo. Their games don't release with 1000 bugs and day one DLC that you can buy for and extra £30.
Also, when you provide sources, they aren't sources, they're quotes from someone saying something completely different to what you're saying. Like 'Aonuma says apples are green, so we can confirm that the Loch Ness Monster eats salmon on Tuesdays.'

VitaTempusN92

Dude, you need to stop talking like you know better than a gaming company that's been releasing some of the most popular hardware and software ever since way before you were born. The Wii U might not be doing as well as some other consoles, but it's a good system and there are plenty of great games coming out for it this year and next year. Delaying a game so it can be the best game possible isn't a sign of not knowing what you're doing. Even if from a business stand point it won't make them the most money, from the view of a fan it's something I really appreciate about Nintendo. Their games don't release with 1000 bugs and day one DLC that you can buy for and extra £30.
Also, when you provide sources, they aren't sources, they're quotes from someone saying something completely different to what you're saying. Like 'Aonuma says apples are green, so we can confirm that the Loch Ness Monster eats salmon on Tuesdays.'

I didn't say it's a bad thing that improving Zelda Wii U. I said it's bad for business what they're likely going to do with their hardware, more specifically, the Wii U. This does not have software at all. I never mentioned anything about the software.

And well, apparently, I obviously seem to know more about business than Nintendo right now, again, when it comes to hardware. My brother knows a lot about business too, especially since he's worked for a business before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom