• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Anyone else see this and feel like I do?

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Maybe I'm old-fashioned but who cares about a Skull Kid action figure. Soon enough, people will 3D-Print thousands of them and they'll be on ebay for 3.99

I just care about the game - not so much the packaging or the collectors items.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm in the same boat as you Iridescence. I bought the game the day it got released at gama mania. They told me if I wanted the Collector's Edition or Limited Edition I had to preorder it. I told them I didn't care about that and I don't. I want the game and not the extra's added to the package.

This was a while back already but I think what the seller did was just a cry for attention. Those people don't even deserve attention like that.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Again guys- It's not what the item is that matters here- Okay maybe a car wasn't the best example- But regardless-
It's the fact that it was limited, and somebody [purposefully] destroyed it. Why do you think there's an endangered species list?

And again- I retract my statement anyway, since Nintendo has released others SINCE THEN.

Akuhime-sama

Take a step back and think about what you are saying here.
Hey- I'm just trying to re-iterate the LIMITED factor.

Yes- I know there's a big difference between things we make, and living organisms. (of course- with the right advancement of bio-technology... perhaps...)

But I was just trying to show how important the limited-ness was to my whole point. Actually- the fact it is limited basically is my point.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
While I don't personally collect Zelda merchandise, I am a collector of some Pokemon merchandise, so I am definitely angered and saddened at the same time. I do realize that it was his property or what have you, but he still made a bad decision by destroying something that's limited edition. The other side of the coin is that there is now 1 fewer copy left in the world, so it would theoretically drive up the collectible value. I don't know by how much though, since I have no idea of how many were produced.

Akuhime-sama

Also- I'd like to add that I thought about it. I thought about it again and realized that "Offended" is not the word to be used here.
What I feel is not offence, but just being upset. I'm saddened, and slightly disgusted at that semi-selfish act.

I can't have "offence" because in no way did it insult me. However, I think I'm okay with saying I feel disappointed and upset that somebody did this. I mean- it would easily upset me in the same kind of way if I heard that one was destroyed by accident. But knowing that it wasn't just an unfortunate circumstance that happened by chance, and instead that it was done with purposeful INTENT, it does break my heart just a little bit more. Honestly, I feel this way when almost any electronic device gets destroyed. I really don't know why- but I guess because it's lost technology- and that it's a destruction of what somebody made.
(and there could be some childhood association with bad times of my past. Long story- but to put it simply, My stuff (namely my games and electronic devices) would get broken when some of my family members fought and broke stuff. I just don't like to see man-made creations get destroyed- specially purposefully)

But yeah- The main point is that it is a limited thing, and there's one less happy Zelda-fan in the world that would have enjoyed that console.

Also- another view of it (which, by the way, may not be a good way of thinking- it's just something that popped into my head as a possible like of reasoning somebody might have), could be that by doing this, He could be rubbing it in the face of all those unfortunate Zelda-fans out there that didn't have enough money to get one. I mean, he bought this Zelda system (kinda expensive in our economy) and destroyed it just because he could. That (to some) could sound like a slap in the face to all the poor people who couldn't afford one. It's like- "Look at me, I have all this money that I can blow, and you don't, and since I don't appreciate this as much as you would, I'm going to destroy it". Now, don't get the wrong idea. I personally don't think that's what this guy was trying to do, but some people might take it that way. The only reason I bring this possibility up is because I know some people who actually think this way. And to those people, it's probably more of an offence to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom