• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Anyone else see this and feel like I do?

HeroOfHyrule64

The "Not Tingle" Map Seller
As much as I hate what this guy did because someone else could have been enjoying it, it is his, so he can decide what to do with it, selfish or not. But it does sorta bother me... I just don't let it bother me to an extent. :)

Eh, doesn't really do anything for me. Sure, what he did was stupidity at it's finest but like many people said, it's his money and 3DS so it's his choice. He wants to blow another MM 3DS that he has, fine by me. Everybody has their own ways of enjoying their new, limited edition Majora's Mask 3DS. He found a way to have fun with it in his own terms, so it doesn't bother me at all.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
This bothers me none whatsoever. I think G-King and Seth are 100% right and they have already said what I would say on this matter. It's his personal property and he is free to do with it what he wants. If he plays it, if he cooks it in a microwave, if he uses it to prop up an uneven table, if he worships it as a god and builds a shrine around it, it's frankly none of my business or anyone else's. No other person is being harmed by his actions. Offended? Yes. Having their rights infringed on? No. Do we have to like what he does? No. Should we support his right to do so? Yes. The whole point of personal property is that it's personal.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well, nobody "NEEDS" a Car. Not to live- But say- there was only like- 5 cars in existence, and everyone wanted one.

Wouldn't it 'harm' those who wanted one and couldn't get one because one was destroyed and now there are only 4?

I'm sorry, but destroying something that is limited just because you can is quite a selfish act.
And I'd think it quite natural to get offended by that.
I mean, if you don't want it for what it is, give it to somebody THAT DOES. It's not that hard.

The answer to your car question. A car is essential in todays day and age for many people and improves their quality of life allowing many individuals to get to work to support themselves and their family. Loads of people live far from work and need a car to get there.
As Seth said, the limited edition 3ds is a luxury item and comparing it to a car is not a fair comparison. A more accurate comparison would to be if there were only 5 silver cars in existence and all other one billion cars were a different colour and someone destroyed a silver car. It affects nothing in the grand scheme of things just as this guy destroying the limited edition 3DS affects nothing but the people who choose to be offended by it. It is their choice to do so and they have the right to, but it is as I have said earlier, a waste of time being offended by this.

Last edited:

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
Although It does make me cringe a bit to see a beauty like that wasted, you are entitled to do whatever you want with your property that you spend your money to buy. I can't see anyone buying it for $11,000 dollars though.

It doesn't bother me at all. He's free to do whatever he wants with it.

Well, nobody "NEEDS" a Car. Not to live- But say- there was only like- 5 cars in existence, and everyone wanted one.

Wouldn't it 'harm' those who wanted one and couldn't get one because one was destroyed and now there are only 4?

I'm sorry, but destroying something that is limited just because you can is quite a selfish act.
And I'd think it quite natural to get offended by that.
I mean, if you don't want it for what it is, give it to somebody THAT DOES. It's not that hard.

The problem with this kind of reasoning is that it entails a lot of negative things, it implies that we must never break away from the normal way of using something, never be inventive or change anything. Only to do what we're told with an item. Like, imagine if you started using a tool for something it wasn't intended for, and you found it worked really well, but the someone came up to you and was like, "NO YOU CAN'T USE THAT TOOL FOR THAT TASK IT WASN'T MEANT FOR THAT!". Clearly this is ridiculous, and so is telling people that they can't do as they please with luxury items they bought.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Although It does make me cringe a bit to see a beauty like that wasted, you are entitled to do whatever you want with your property that you spend your money to buy. I can't see anyone buying it for $11,000 dollars though.

Someone sold a bed full of *** butts as art before. You'd be surprised what people sell as art these days.

Edit: I found a link to a story about it here in case anyone was interested
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...al-unmade-bed-set-hammer-tidy-1-2million.html

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The problem with this kind of reasoning is that it entails a lot of negative things, it implies that we must never break away from the normal way of using something, never be inventive or change anything. Only to do what we're told with an item. Like, imagine if you started using a tool for something it wasn't intended for, and you found it worked really well, but the someone came up to you and was like, "NO YOU CAN'T USE THAT TOOL FOR THAT TASK IT WASN'T MEANT FOR THAT!". Clearly this is ridiculous, and so is telling people that they can't do as they please with luxury items they bought.

This i have done i won't say what i've used toothbrushes or power drills for ^^ but suffice to say i am no longer allowed in DIY stores or hardware shops

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Someone sold a bed full of *** butts as art before. You'd be surprised what people sell as art these days.

Yup i've seen someone heap a pile of rags together glue them in place and make a cool 10k for it. As the old saying goes "what's one man's trash is another mans treasure"

Bladerguy2

Shiekah
I don't get why he microwaved THE LIMITED EDITION. It angers me so much. Couldn't he microwave a normal one T.T you can't tell after you microwave it. T.T

fairyfountain

bros before poes
I think it's a really stupid thing to do and a huge waste of money but he payed for it and it belongs to him so he's free to do what he wants...even if it is dumb.

Frankly I'm torn on one hand it's that person's property and they can do as they please, on the other hand it ticks me off when people willingly destroy stuff. As far as harm goes, microwaving something like that could release nasty chemicals in the air that could cause health problems for people they live with/come to visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom