• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why make another Zelda?

They have already reached their pinnacle.

Lets be honest, everything will be a disapointment compared to Skyward Sword, and that is a FACT.

FACT. people have their different opinions, some people liked SS some didn't. that's ok i didn't like SS ether but it kinda grew on me when i played it again without taking it seriously, though its still a disappointing game, despite its flaws and i do hope Nintendo learned form their mistakes that SS had.
I find it funny that people Judge a game when theirs not a playable beta or demo out. just a small game play of it, and not much is revealed other then its a huge over world, some mechanics and the art style, so how can it be a disappointment if you haven seen a review of it or played it yet
so why make a new Zelda game you ask? because people want to play a new Zelda game and their is a High Demand for it. and that is a Fact.

Last edited:
To play Skyward Sword is to know Skyward Sword. To know it, is to love it. To love it is to worship it.
I even have an altar in my room with an unopened copy of Skyward Sword which I bow to and kiss every evening before I sleep in my Skyward Sword PJs under my Skyward Sword blankets.
If you don't feel the same way about this game as I do, then you never played it, or played it right anyway.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Moved to World of Zelda.

Skyward Sword was enjoyable at first, but as it went on the tasks became too insistent on backtracking and fetchquesting in several instances. Completing the Silent Realms and doing the Tadtone search were both very time-consuming and tedious; battling the Imprisoned three times with no other chance of advancing was particularly disengaging.

Because people get butthurt if a popular game series such as the Legend of Zelda doesn't get an installment on the WiiU. Remakes don't count. Except from what I've seen of this "ZeldaU," they're really pushing the limits--in both a good way and a bad way. I know they want to redefine what it means to be a Legend of Zelda game and all, but I still can't hepl but worry. They said Skyward Sword was supposed to revolutionize the series as well, but then everything post-SS has been remakes (even A Link Between Worlds, to a degree), so... I'm really not sure. This new game looks like a rip off of Xenoblade, so if that's what they mean by redefining the series, that's a little scary.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
None of these newer games bar Majora's Mask have touched Zelda's greatness. The last truly great Zelda title was MM; everything after was a 50% emulation or simply not on par with Zelda's greatness. Yes, you know what I am speaking of: Adventure of Link.

Jokes aside, every Zelda is different from the last in one way or another. It's because of that that we get new titles every so often. IMO, they should have stopped after MM, but they won't...and that's just what we as mindless Nintendo pawns have to accept.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
This new game looks like a rip off of Xenoblade, so if that's what they mean by redefining the series, that's a little scary.

Ironically, Nintendo has been in cahoots with Monolith Soft (Xenoblade's developer) for some time now, so I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda U drew some form of inspiration from it.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I love all console Zelda titles. Nintendo better not take those away from me if they want to earn my money.

Ronin

Forum Volunteer
I still pee myself when I play Skyward Sword. The game is so good, I can't leave it for even a moment. I pee on myself because I don't want to part from the game. You guys have no idea what you are talking about. MM? If I wanted to play Darksiders I would just play that and not bother with copy cat MM. Besides, SS does everything right. The exploration and collection is flawless, like the motion controls.

What about The Imprisoned?

ive noticed that the zelda games that i liked best are the ones that are way different. im gona exempt Tp for this because it is my 1st zelda game that i have played and i enjoyed it. but it is nearly identical to OOT ( though i enjoyed TP Better) . the other 2 Zelda games that i really enjoy is MM, and WW. because they were so different then the normal Zelda formula. IN WW. it is an open sea with open exploration. and i like how expressive link is. and really you do not have a partner that nags you. link for the most of the game is alone no partner, and i like that.

Now MM, i do like the 3 day gimmick. it makes the game so different because you have the feel of doom watching the clock, the masks brings some additional fun into the game and makes the side quest have more of a purpose then just heart containers, the NPC are more alive and are more interactive then NPCs in other Zelda games. yes it has put people off playing the game but that is one of the risk of changing the game.

However their is a balance of keeping the old feel with new changes. and SS proved that sometimes too much change can be disastrous.

Pen

The game is on!
I don't know anything about a pinnacle in the Zelda series. In my opinion there have been some ups and downs all the time. Skyward Sword was far from perfect. Sure, it had awesome motion controls (though not according to everyone) and really sweet gameplay with the upgrading system and the different uses for all the items. However, exploring the game world of Skyward Sword was not fun. First of all it was divided into four completely separated parts, and secondly, I felt like all of the side quests and collectables were just lying there like right in your path so you wouldn't miss them. So yeah, the game really fell flat on its optional stuff like sidequests and collectables if you ask me (and those are some pretty important parts of any video game).

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Since my post got removed, I'll try again.

Since Skyward Sword has a lower reputation in the series than numerous other games and the original poster hasn't explained why he holds his opinion, I assume that the opinion he is expressing is not very genuine at all.

As to why, I feel like Skyward Sword is not an untoppable feat. First, older games like LOZ/ALTTP/OOT were seen as the pinnacle of their time and unmatchable yet that didn't stop the series from releasing more influential games. Second, Skyward Sword has plenty of flaws: some inaccuracies in controls, repetition, late-game padding, immutable overworld, lengthy intro, lack of exploration compared to past entries and an empty sky world.

Better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom