• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
You're supposed to use the behavior in their posts, not what's outside the posts.
The action of likening a posted is related to a post and means that the player payed attention to the post.

It is not outside information if it was with in the thread or game area like a quick topic.

Big Octo

=^)
The action of likening a posted is related to a post and means that the player payed attention to the post.

It is not outside information if it was with in the thread or game area like a quick topic.

"A player payed attention to this post" So what...? How is that a valid lead? I would say in any case, someone liking a post shouldn't be used as info and is a poor reason to vote for someone. Use real evidence.

Pen

The game is on!
Nice! Things are looking pretty good at the moment. Is there one or two Mafiosi left?

Right now I will backtrack to take a closer look at the dead Mafia members' posts.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
MF I don't really think the "liking" of a post is anything significant to go on, especially at this stage were we can find much more concrete leads.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I know it is not a solid lead I was debating wether or not it counts as out of game. A situation like this came up in animal crossing were all the mafia members liked a post.

Besides the person was dead and a towny at that.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Why are you suspicious of Firice?
I'm not sure if it would count as a solid suspicion in your eyes, but this is what I got.

If you want to generate serious activity, simply hint that you are scum, sk, etc. This will lead other players to dissecting your every move, whilst tearing you to shreds. We'll most likely jump on the bandwagon against you. This will lead to you being lynched by friends and family and ultimately unable to play anymore. Of course, if you were actually Town, we will regret our jumping to conclusions, espicially if you had some important role, in which case I would have to post the following image:
aqm7a.jpg

With Love,
Firice da Vinci <3

He has 29 posts, out of which only 4 are not Day 1 spam. Needless to say, he hasn't been trying to contribute very much, which already makes me a little suspicious. The post quoted above is from within Day 1, but the bolded part caught my eye. I know this is probably nothing, and that he was referring to "We" as the Town, but I got a bad feeling from it as if "We" meant the mafia. It isn't much, but it was Day 1 after all.

I'm pretty convinced myself that GDL is a Town Roleblocker. Looking at the night scene, I would say that the mafia avoided attacking him because they predicted that someone would protect the RB, just in case he was innocent. Either way, someone did go after GDL, but he was protected in one way or another. The Vig(?) went after Koki thinking that he was being a little too suspicious.

This was his first real post of the game. Here, he acknowledges he believes I'm the Town Roleblocker. This matters in another quote below. Also, "someone did go after GDL"? I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean. Maybe a typo or just wasn't worded clearly, just something that caught my eye. It should also be noted that apart from saying he thought I wasn't lying, he did nothing else but restate what was already known, not contributing to the town's efforts.

I can believe that the Mafia would try to frame you if you are town. It would not make sense as to why Fused would have been NK'd if you were mafia. That being said, you are the only suspicion at the moment. I cannot let you go on this. I'll go back and reread some of your posts to get a more confident decision.
In this post he was quoting Poka Link. He said he believed Poka, said things that others would agree on as "that's true he's probably town." However, then he said that Poka was the only suspicion at the moment so he couldn't let him go on it? Sounds suspicious to me. And the way he worded it made me think that he was trying to seem on the fence about Poka, so that in case he did get lynched he wouldn't be called out for saying Poka was town. Except he did say Poka was town. And then he said he would think on it to make a decision, but then he never did. He just drifted back out of the shadows below the town's radar.

Sorry for my inactivity. I did not realize the deadline was tonight. I just skimmed through the Day and I gathered that JC is the SK, who claims to want to kill Dekunut tonight and says that Kirino is Mafia. Because of that, he wants us to lynch Kirino during the day, so he can finish up over the night. GDL is supposed to be the Mafia RB, right? At the rates things are going, the town are placing all of our trust in JC.

If JC is right, then does the town practically have the game won, or am I missing something?

Now, this post seems very careless imho. He asks if I'm supposed to be the Mafia RB, when in his first real post this game he said he believed me as being the Town RB? Not to mention, the Mafia RB was already dead. It really sounds like he isn't paying attention at all, which makes me a little bit on the fence with this suspicion since mafia would probably be more interested in keeping up with the game, and it seems more like a careless mistake an inactive town would make. However, I don't know how good he is at the game as I haven't played with him before, but it is possible he is just trying to seem uninterested to, again, stay below the radar.

So yeah, that's mainly what I'm thinking with Firice. I know it's not much, but it's really all that I've come up with for who the remaining scum might be. But like I said before, I'm not all too sure and am open to other options. So if someone has any other suspicions, or comments on my own, I'd really like to hear them. I will also read over Viral's posts later to see if he dropped any hints as to who he'd investigated thus far.

EBWODP:
That was faster than I expected. It wasn't that much going through Viral's posts. Sadly, there weren't many hints at who he trusted/didn't trust. He did mention at one point that with the GF gone when the cop claimed they'd be able to know all his innocent results were town, which makes me think he probably got more innocent results than anything else. However, this caught my eye:

lol Bomb softclaim?

EBDP:

Celeboy: Who are you most suspicious of being the remaining two scummies after deku and kirino?

I couldn't find any posts which would've prompted him signalling out Celeboy from among the other people. This was also right at the end of the day. Naturally, I was intrigued. Maybe he knew Celeboy was scum, so he wanted to see who he said he thought was suspicious so that he'd have some more idea on who to investigate that night, as Celeboy was obviously going to lie? I'm not sure, but I think it is definitely something to keep our eyes on, especially if we can't think of anyone else that might be suspicious.

Last edited:

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I'm using my phone's internet at the moment so I'll be quick. I can write a better post when im back on Friday. I personally thought viral was scummy, but apparently not, however, as he was the cop and you're wondering why he asked me if ny suspicions, I think I know, why but I can't say. Give me time to get home and I'll happily write something more substantial

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I can assure you that I am not scum. My inactivity is always a part of how I play Mafia. Just that isn't enough to be suspicious of me. As for my overall jumpiness in posts, well, I actually can't defend myself there with anything other than I am inexperienced. And like I said earlier, your RB against me showed no results because I haven't anything for you to block me from doing. And that first post you quoted was just me trying to be funny. Had to send all my love to Heroine, who was not ready for the Day 1 spam.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I think we should lynch JC. He did his part, helped us get the Godfather and Mafia RB, but at this point he's useless to us. We can't, and shouldn't, 100% trust him; he's simply not part of our faction. If we let him live today, he could stab us in the back by killing someone like GDL, whom is currently the most important claimed-Townie. Why would he do that, you ask? Well, at this point, he doesn't care who wins. He's lost the game, and did so by helping the Town. Why wouldn't he solidify his role as a 3rd party by helping the Mafia by killing a Townie? It's certainly possible, and a risk I'd rather not take. I say we lynch him now, and start fresh tomorrow, using the inevitable NK's to start hunting out the remaining two scum and final 3rd party.

Or, we could take a risk and lynch someone who could be scum. What happens if we're wrong? We lose at least two Townies heading into the next Day, possibily three if the Vig miss-fires, or even four if JC decides to take out a Townie. I, personally, think that's too big of a risk to take. We should lynch the sure-fire non-Townie, and hope to head into the next Day with only 1 dead Townie, instead of a possible 4.

Big Octo

=^)
I agree with fused, but would first like to hear who JC said, in his words, are "slightly confirmed" to be scum. If we lynch him today, we have an idea of who to go after tomorrow.

Pen

The game is on!
I think we should lynch JC. He did his part, helped us get the Godfather and Mafia RB, but at this point he's useless to us. We can't, and shouldn't, 100% trust him; he's simply not part of our faction. If we let him live today, he could stab us in the back by killing someone like GDL, whom is currently the most important claimed-Townie. Why would he do that, you ask? Well, at this point, he doesn't care who wins. He's lost the game, and did so by helping the Town. Why wouldn't he solidify his role as a 3rd party by helping the Mafia by killing a Townie? It's certainly possible, and a risk I'd rather not take. I say we lynch him now, and start fresh tomorrow, using the inevitable NK's to start hunting out the remaining two scum and final 3rd party.

Or, we could take a risk and lynch someone who could be scum. What happens if we're wrong? We lose at least two Townies heading into the next Day, possibily three if the Vig miss-fires, or even four if JC decides to take out a Townie. I, personally, think that's too big of a risk to take. We should lynch the sure-fire non-Townie, and hope to head into the next Day with only 1 dead Townie, instead of a possible 4.

Hmm... I sort of get your point, but actually I think this game right now could be sort of about honor for JC. Even if he is neither with the Town nor with the Mafia, taking out Mfaia is always the most fun as a third party player. Besides, since he has been helping us majorly thus far I do not think he deserves to get lynched like this. If our Vigilante prefers to kill him tonight, then go right ahead, but I would not like to waste one of our lynches on him. At least not this early on. Thinking about it, the Mafia has lost a lot thanks to JC. They must be furious with him right now, while (as I said before) the Town has been greatly assisted by him. I am sure the Mafia would be quite keen on having JC killed. They will probably attempt to night kill him tonight, or (of course this is also a highly likely scenario) they will attempt to lead a lynch against him today.

Vote: fused_shadows

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Why would I help you guys lynch Poka, Kirino, and kill Deku if I was going to "stab" you in the back? That's incredibly faulty logic. There is no reason to stab Town in the back as I have no chance of winning. I chose to side with Town ever since Mafia RB'ed me and I've proven I'm helpful on three occasions now. You rejoin the game and immediately shake things up and, in a way, you're kind of messing things up by voting for me.

I can still help Town and you're oblivious to it--just like how Viral was. I'm willing to actually help out a lot today and your early vote seems to be somewhat of a "let's get him out before he does anymore damage" kind of thing, which is understandable if you're Scum. I've already told the Vig to kill me to tomorrow if he/she wishes; killing me via lynch is the wrong way to go and is counterproductive. You can't come out with this trust issues BS either considering I've done way more than enough to warrant trust from the Townies.

FoS Fused

I'm not willing to lynch him as I think I have a much better lead. I'll post later (maybe tomorrow) as I've been quite busy over the last few days.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Fused, why aren't you willing to give JC a chance? As he pointed out, he assisted in the killing of 3 of the game's 5 mafia members, and has show himself to genuinely want to help out the town. I see where you're coming from, kinda, but I think he deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt. If he does indeed stab us in the back (which I doubt he will), then we can go ahead and lynch him; for now, though, I see no reason to get rid of him. The way he's playing is more like a vig, not a SK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom