• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
Well i said that wehn i voted for fig day 2 know its day three and i voted for you couldnt you say that to any person who voted fig and then you. I could be wrong but can you give me aa quote sorry if i offended you....

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
You're really hanging on to this Musicfan thing and I'm finding it quite annoying now. Soft claiming doesn't give you a free pass to be subject of no more suspicion - Mafia doesn't work like that. As soon as Music claimed, I backed off and went for the next best alternative--Pokalink. It's true that I would have still liked to have lynched MF, but his claim give made me think twice as now it became a situation where a mislynch on a claimed player would be incredibly stupid.

[...]

Though, I'm surprised by your playstyle this game. You haven't really voted all that much. Mostly you've sat on the fence and critiqued others votes and posts. The only reason I bring this up is because it's very similar to why I had a suspicion of Thar in Members vs Mods and he turned out to be scum. Oh and another thing, you pressured me so much about the Pokalink thing yet how come you're not questioning anyone else who's voted? You seem to really homing in on me this game as if you want me lynched.

Tbh I don't care if you find my MF thing annoying. I read the thread (rather quickly though so I didn't dig very deep) and you said you immediately backed off of MF, but you didn't. You kept doing what you did with Koki, you kept putting doubt into the truthfulness of his claim, which you seem to be agreeing with JUST NOW for some reason. (I'm sorry if that's wrong, like I said I read quickly)

I seem to be homing in on you this game? This is literally the first time I've straight-up accused you of anything. I haven't been voting because I didn't want to lynch anyone. If you look back at the end of Day 2 (I can't be bothered to go find it) I whined about how I didn't want to lynch the current targets and none of my alternatives were up for a lynch (and I knew they wouldn't be lynched in < 3 hours.

I also have another theory, what if Poka is the SK? I don't think he's affiliated with who I think to be scum but I still find him suspicious. And, like it's been said earlier, mafia would love to get rid of the SK.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Tbh I don't care if you find my MF thing annoying. I read the thread (rather quickly though so I didn't dig very deep) and you said you immediately backed off of MF, but you didn't. You kept doing what you did with Koki, you kept putting doubt into the truthfulness of his claim, which you seem to be agreeing with JUST NOW for some reason. (I'm sorry if that's wrong, like I said I read quickly)

I seem to be homing in on you this game? This is literally the first time I've straight-up accused you of anything. I haven't been voting because I didn't want to lynch anyone. If you look back at the end of Day 2 (I can't be bothered to go find it) I whined about how I didn't want to lynch the current targets and none of my alternatives were up for a lynch (and I knew they wouldn't be lynched in < 3 hours.

I also have another theory, what if Poka is the SK? I don't think he's affiliated with who I think to be scum but I still find him suspicious. And, like it's been said earlier, mafia would love to get rid of the SK.

That's an interesting theory. I hadn't thought of that, and it is a possibility after all. So are you implying that some of the people voting might be mafia trying to get rid of the SK?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
That's an interesting theory. I hadn't thought of that, and it is a possibility after all. So are you implying that some of the people voting might be mafia trying to get rid of the SK?

I am. I'm more worried about the people going against both Poka AND MF, though, such as JC (not sure if he's the only one but he's the only one I can remember right now. I could be wrong but I think at some point Pendio voted for Poka as well? I'm fairly certain Pendio voted for MF too.)

Pendio, I don't feel like reading, can you tell me why you're voting for Thar? I looked for the most recent vote count and I didn't realize you had a vote on him.

Remaining Factions(3):
Town: 14
Mafia: 5
Third Party: 2

Vote Count:
PokaLink(3) - Justac00lguy, Blackkirby, Heroine of Time
Thareous(1) - Pendio
Not Voting(17): Big Octo, LittleGumball, Kirino, AvatarFlygon, DekuNut, musicfan, Mellow Ezlo, Sydney, Go_Dark_Link, Firice da Vinci, ~Mizuki~, Viral Maze, Thareous, Stitch, Celeboy, Ver-go-a-go-go, PokaLink
With 21 people alive, it takes 11 votes for a majority lynch. The day will end at 11:59:59PM EST on Monday, August 18th.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
I am. I'm more worried about the people going against both Poka AND MF, though, such as JC (not sure if he's the only one but he's the only one I can remember right now. I could be wrong but I think at some point Pendio voted for Poka as well? I'm fairly certain Pendio voted for MF too.)

Pendio, I don't feel like reading, can you tell me why you're voting for Thar? I looked for the most recent vote count and I didn't realize you had a vote on him.

I see what you're saying. To be honest I don't think the mafia would risk something like more than one member joining the lynch with so few people on it though. Still, it's always a possibility that at least one of the three currently voting is mafia.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I see what you're saying. To be honest I don't think the mafia would risk something like more than one member joining the lynch with so few people on it though. Still, it's always a possibility that at least one of the three currently voting is mafia.

I'd like to stress this is more of a crazy Fused theory than anything haha.

Anyway I just realized I forgot to do something very very important [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Vote: JC

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Seems like people are starting to not like JC, so would anyone be opposed to him being nabbed if he doesn't get lynched? However, I don't really have solid suspicions on anyone... I'm wary of JC and his up-front playstyle, but that may just be his playstyle (Never played with him before).

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
LittleGumball said:
Like I said to Poka, can you back this up with quotes? MF said "you don't understand because you're too slow", which at the first sight, I thought he was saying I missed something. It was very confusing, so I questioned what MF actually meant until he stated it was a softclaim. There was no "putting doubt into the truthfulness", it was me being inquisitive. You make it sound like I pursued Music for days. Between his cryptic softclaim and me Unvoting him, I posted twice if and those posts were simply asking him what he meant. I backed off as soon as the softclaim was established and shifted my focus towards Pokalink.

Oh and where did I question Koki? I actually supported him by saying "let's wait till the next day". I had an inkling in what he was doing and I was right when he confirmed it the next day. I don't get where you got this from, it seems you're really grasping at straws and falsifying what actually happened.

Celeboy said:
Seems like people are starting to not like JC, so would anyone be opposed to him being nabbed if he doesn't get lynched? However, I don't really have solid suspicions on anyone... I'm wary of JC and his up-front playstyle, but that may just be his playstyle (Never played with him before).
Yeah it's pretty much my playstyle. Not that it justifies anything.

---

Anyway if the choice is between me and Poka I would highly recommend Poka. Poka mislynched Fig and made some questionable moves on Day One and Two enough to warrant a lynch in my opinion. Maybe I've I been a little to forward, but this is how I play and that shouldn't be a shock to anyone. Poka is the one who made the mistake on Day Two, not me.

I'm throwing all my eggs in one basket here. We lynch Poka and if he's scum we can look at the Fig lynch where there's bound to be one more scum. If he's not then it's simple, investigate me. If the Cop doesn't speak up then assume I'm Town and we can move on accept that I was wrong with my Poka suspicion. Trust me here guys, a Poka lynch is the best option to advance the game and is by far are best lead which could uncover even more scum.

Pen

The game is on!
I could be wrong but I think at some point Pendio voted for Poka as well? I'm fairly certain Pendio voted for MF too.)

Yes, previously in this game I have been voting for both musicfan and PokaLink.

Back when I placed my vote on Thareous I did have a slight gut feeling saying he was scum. My instincts were telling me that he has sort of been trying to "make friends" with the Town throughout this game. Anyway, right now I do not know if I think so anymore. Just as with my previous votes I also wanted to study the other players' reaction to my vote on Thar. I figured the vote itself would not be that dangerous since I never attempted to convince others to join a bandwagon and I also never brought up any kind of evidence.

He said when he voted that it was because Thar was being inactive and wanted something from him (I think).

Nope. I never said anything like this. In fact, I did not say anything at all about Thar when I voted for him.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Like I said to Poka, can you back this up with quotes? MF said "you don't understand because you're too slow", which at the first sight, I thought he was saying I missed something. It was very confusing, so I questioned what MF actually meant until he stated it was a softclaim. There was no "putting doubt into the truthfulness", it was me being inquisitive. You make it sound like I pursued Music for days. Between his cryptic softclaim and me Unvoting him, I posted twice if and those posts were simply asking him what he meant. I backed off as soon as the softclaim was established and shifted my focus towards Pokalink.

Oh and where did I question Koki? I actually supported him by saying "let's wait till the next day". I had an inkling in what he was doing and I was right when he confirmed it the next day. I don't get where you got this from, it seems you're really grasping at straws and falsifying what actually happened.

I already backed this up with quotes, did you even see my monster post a couple pages ago? Just because you're not voting for him doesn't mean you're not making him seem more suspicious. I don't mean directly accusing him or questioning him, I mean "soft claiming doesn't give you a free pass," that sort of thing. If he is truly town then you have persisted in making him seem sketchy, and I find that suspicious.

I explained this before but I'll say it again, showing support would have been stating that it's not scummy or not saying anything at all, and why did you need to take it on yourself to draw attention away from it? Saying "I think we should wait for tomorrow to discuss this" could mean anything. That doesn't sound like support imo.

JC said:
Anyway if the choice is between me and Poka I would highly recommend Poka. Poka mislynched Fig and made some questionable moves on Day One and Two enough to warrant a lynch in my opinion. Maybe I've I been a little to forward, but this is how I play and that shouldn't be a shock to anyone. Poka is the one who made the mistake on Day Two, not me.

I'm throwing all my eggs in one basket here. We lynch Poka and if he's scum we can look at the Fig lynch where there's bound to be one more scum. If he's not then it's simple, investigate me. If the Cop doesn't speak up then assume I'm Town and we can move on accept that I was wrong with my Poka suspicion. Trust me here guys, a Poka lynch is the best option to advance the game and is by far are best lead which could uncover even more scum.

Of course you would recommend Poka, the alternative is you. :P And I feel like you're being desperate here. "He made the mistake, not me."
Yes, you ARE throwing all your eggs in one basket. You say you have other suspicions but you don't talk about them, you're only going for Poka (and you've just recently stopped talking about MF). By the way, you mentioned uncovering "even more scum" but I don't see the confirmed scum, do you mean Poka? Because what if Poka ISN'T scum?

anyway, since you asked for quotes, I've gone through the thread again for you. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

a couple from after MF's claim was out there, I'm leaving out the ones from before it.
Right now the main people who I'm suspicious of are:

Pokalink, see my vote; BlackKirby, seems to be avoiding discussion until when I called him up on it; DekuNut, err this one I have nothing to back up on just yet; Musicfan, see previous day and I think we should still be wary despite his claim.

Ugh I'm torn between voting between MF and Pokalink at the moment.

We need some perspectives on this. Viral and Leslie, what are your thoughts?

you DID let up for a while but then you were back to indirectly casting suspicion on him with the cop stuff:

Personally, I think you should be investigated.

If he's Town then it's pretty obvious he's telling the truth. A Townie fake claiming at this stage would be really stupid (sorry, only word I could think of, lol). Of course this means nothing if he's the GF, but there's always that slight chance with the Cop.

The Cop should never come out to confirm a player, they should only come out if they get a guilty result. So, if MF is investigated, and the Cop doesn't claim, we move on with that in mind and suspicion on MF drops completely. However, if the Cop states they got a guilty result then we know what to do. All of this works out in theory, but they're plenty of things that can go wrong, but that's a risk we always have to take.

and then in response to me:

You're really hanging on to this Musicfan thing and I'm finding it quite annoying now. Soft claiming doesn't give you a free pass to be subject of no more suspicion - Mafia doesn't work like that. As soon as Music claimed, I backed off and went for the next best alternative--Pokalink. It's true that I would have still liked to have lynched MF, but his claim give made me think twice as now it became a situation where a mislynch on a claimed player would be incredibly stupid.

I always like to trust people in Mafia games, but half claimed players have that ere of doubt over there head. MF being investigated is the logical way to settle this dispute and it's not scummy, odd, out of character, or tactical. It's perfectly logical that the Cop would investigate MF, he's not fully confirmed yet. Although, remember, MF usually claims at odd times and usually when he doesn't even need to claim. You could argue that's the same case here; however he claimed at a time when he was in trouble and he claimed the most obvious role, The Commuter. We had literally just established there was a commuter and you think there is nothing strange about that? Either way, this is something of like the Cop to investigate, for one, my own peace of mind, and two, to potentially uncover someone who is fake claiming.

in response to MF:

Well I didn't take anything personal (this is Mafia), but I was really baffled for why you called me slow at the time. You said it was because you claimed(?); however, like I said, it was incredibly cryptic. I was pressuring you based of something completely different (your vote on Koki, which still doesn't sit well with me mistake or not).

later:

Hmm now that you mention it, this makes sense. Commuter can't be investigated so he was obviously trying to bait Mafia in. Probably a bad idea since Mafia most likely saw it as bait and didn't do anything. I wish MF was more clear on what he's doing though because it can be extremely confusing and it can come off as scummy.

THIS is where you backed off, minus that little blip at the end.

Guys, I'd like to stress that this is the final day before the Day ends. Do you wanna get information for tomorrow or do you wanna lynch scum? ;)

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
LittleGumball;898303 I also have another theory said:
Its funny you say that.
Since this is the last day and I don't see the need for anyone else to Role-claim I will. I am the Psychiatrist, I have the ability to turn the SK into a VT, though obviously I haven't had any luck so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom