• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Really? What permissions do you still need?

7dfde55ad3.png

Idk?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
If people did love me here, then how come they completely ignore me whenever I'm feeling depressed? They're never around when I am. Things like this is why I'm more introverted than before. And there's my crappy life, too, so it's another reason why I want to go ahead and end it all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a few people just respond to you? I just don't see how people are completely ignoring you.

Perhaps I am being a bit of a..err...meanie, here, but is all of this really forum appropriate? I can't help but think there are better mediums for talking about your suicidal thoughts. As someone who has dealt with severe depression and was minutes away from killing myself at one point, I can say the best thing you can do is talk to your friends in private. Posting it here isn't going to help you much.

Fig

The Altruist
To increase the readability of the General Discussion section, the happy and unhappy threads have been merged with "Things That Are On Your Mind".

This is a change that I just knew was going to happen and I for one disagree with this change. Yes I understand that you want to bring more activity than just the Happy and Unhappy threads, but there were seriously some posts I simply need to keep track of and because this change, it will be hard for me to track considering that means I would have to go through over 400 pages just to respond to a post that was previously made in either the Happy or Unhappy threads. There were several Happy posts that I have been meaning to go back and look to give a "Yeah!" and then there's obviously the Unhappy posts that had suicide or severe depressing thoughts that I now can't track unless I go page by page. To think that I have the potential to skip or look over a suicidal post is beyond my comprehension as suicide is a VERY huge issue and I refuse to look over a single suicidal post. If people can deal with me and my episodes, then the least I can do is be there for them but this change has now ruined that aspect for me.

Not to mention, because of this merge between the three threads, it ironically makes this thread filled unreadable in the sense that the posts were organized based on the time they were posted. We have posts that jump from suicidal thoughts to happy ones and then back to depression. This just makes the change even worse as if one were to look for a post in this thread from just yesterday, I'm sure you would have to go through several pages until you finally reach the midnight posts of the day you are looking. This change didn't need to happen and has created more harm than good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom