• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Placement of New Zelda Title?

I truley think it is the "Person" behind the Master sword, either she somehow becomes the Master Sword, or the Master Sword is made in her image.
The point about her cape being pointed downwards whereas the Master Sword points upwards... be serious, they aren't going to put the cape pointin upwards, They went for a logical appearance.

As with the design of the MasterSword, the reason it looks different has been the appearance of the games. OOT was a N64 title of a simplistic design, because of limited graphic capabilities, then there was Wind Waker with it's cel shaded grpahics giving a childish look to it, along with it's design (peoples proportions) so obviously the Master Sword would have looked different to fit in more with the look of Wind Waker. Essentially the same with TP, it was a more mature, advance title, so the Master Sword had a re-design to make it look more complicated to go along with the game.

I find people to be too closed minded when they say "don't even say to me that's the Master Sword" while we may not have 100% proof, they have no 100% proof it isn't, cause this is the only image we have seen.

As for the placement of the game, I think this could be THE Hero. As in the first Link of Legend, before the Master Sword was created. Maybe even before Ganon/Dorf.

Either that or it takes place somewhere else where the MS has to be re-forged or something.

But it would be totally awesome to play as a "raw" Link, the first of the line of Hero's where he became the legend.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I truley think it is the "Person" behind the Master sword, either she somehow becomes the Master Sword, or the Master Sword is made in her image.

That's more or less what I'm trying to say. I don't think she IS the Master Sword but that doesn't mean she's not involved with it.

The point about her cape being pointed downwards whereas the Master Sword points upwards... be serious, they aren't going to put the cape pointin upwards, They went for a logical appearance.

The only FOR SURE similarities are her color and the design on her legs. Everything else is a stretch. That's the point I'm trying to make.

As with the design of the MasterSword, the reason it looks different has been the appearance of the games. OOT was a N64 title of a simplistic design, because of limited graphic capabilities, then there was Wind Waker with it's cel shaded grpahics giving a childish look to it, along with it's design (peoples proportions) so obviously the Master Sword would have looked different to fit in more with the look of Wind Waker.

In WW the hilt of the Master Sword is a completely different color and doesn't have the design on the handle like the Master Sword that the girl is beign compared to. Just because the game is cel shaded doesn't mean they had to change the color and handle design of the Master Sword. They could have easily kept it the same ragardless of graphics.

I find people to be too closed minded when they say "don't even say to me that's the Master Sword" while we may not have 100% proof, they have no 100% proof it isn't, cause this is the only image we have seen.

Well it looks like there is fire in the background of the picture so I guess the world could be coming to an apocolypse or a great fire could be spreading through the land. Hey, it's not 100% proven right or wrong so it's an acceptable theory based on your statement. Really any theory you could come up with can't be 100% proven wrong so all theories must be accepted. Maybe aliens will take over Hyrule.

As for the placement of the game, I think this could be THE Hero. As in the first Link of Legend, before the Master Sword was created. Maybe even before Ganon/Dorf.

Basing a theory off of a picture is one thing but I don't think any conclusions about it's placement or what the game will be like should be made until the game is realeased or until there is more information. At least we got a general idea of where ST was going to go from what we knew about it before it's release. We know nothing about this game that won't be out for another year and half or more. Why even try to place it? Everything anyone comes up with is fanfic until we know more.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Here's another bit of fanfiction for you:

A the end of OoT, Zelda tells Link that he "must lay the Master Sword to rest and close the Door of Time."
"However, by doing this, the road between times will be closed." She then takes the Ocarina and says "When peace returns to Hyrule... It will be time for us to say good-bye." Then she tells Link to go home plays Zelda's Lullaby to send Link back to the past. (that part isn't fiction)

Now why did she say that whe will say good-bye when peace returns to Hyrule as if it would be some future event? If peace had already returned to Hyrule and Link was leaving now and she was saying good-bye now, why wouldn't she just say "Since peace has returned to Hyrule, it is time for us to say good-bye?"
Also, why can't he just put the Master Sword back in the Pedestal of Time? Why must she use her own magic to send him back?

My answer: If Link were to replace the Master Sword, he would leave the AT, returning to the CT, and Zelda would never see him again("...the road between times will be closed"). I think she wanted for him to "regain [his] lost time," but at the same time didn't want him to be gone forever, either for personal reasons, or because she felt he was needed to continue to return peace to Hyrule, hence saying good-bye at a later time (perhaps it will take a while to rebuild after the devastation, or a new villain may appear).

Her solution was to use her magic (by playing her Lullaby) to split the power of the Master Sword holding Link in the AT from its physical casing (and its role as key to the SR) so Link can replace the sword in the Pedestal and keep the companion shown in the picture for the purpose of keeping him in the AT and assisting him in rebuilding Hyrule.

That would go along with 'Link being older' being such an important 'hint.'
Aonuma also said that TP was a "parallel" story to WW, so what's to stop them from paralleling MM?

...of course that would require an insane amount of storyline planning, which is against Nintendo's nature.

Last edited:

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Zemen your forgetting a few things though:
1. In ALLTP the Triforce can talk, it calls itself the "essence of the Triforce" IIRC, and other than OOX the Triforce has never spoken, so just because there's no evidence of a Master Sword spirit in previous games doesn't mean there is one.

2. You pointed out the coloration of the emblem on the MS and the girl, the emblem on the girl is dark, the one on the MS is a bright glowing gold, however, if you look back to WW when the MS was powerless, the emblem was dark.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
You pointed out the coloration of the emblem on the MS and the girl, the emblem on the girl is dark, the one on the MS is a bright glowing gold, however, if you look back to WW when the MS was powerless, the emblem was dark.
Dark, not blue.
Also, it would make sense to only model her after the TP MS since it is the same graphics style.
A Zemen pointed out, none of the other Master Swords have that netting pattern. I don't think they have the gold lines on the bottom part of the blade either.

Right now, we now that its before Ocarina of Time.
It could be before or after Minish Cap, since the Master sword is never mentioned in Minish Cap.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I believe the game will predate Minish Cap. this could also possibly explain the whole prologue as well, as in the game, Link sees Hyrule ruled by Darkness and intercedes on Hyrule's behalf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom