• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Harry Potter and the Prizoners of Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I'm going to go with a Vote: Thareous
As he seemed to be trying to slow the game down and push us off anything productive. Last day, thought that didn't take much lol you all were so inactive XP

EBWODP:
Unvote

Vote: Mellow Ezlo
Early RVS for Mellow
I've been pretty much inactive in this game but it looks like any natural Day One progression, I'm going to hold out my final vote for tomorrow to get a perspective of where things are at nearing the end.
Staying on the side lines.

It is times like these that distinctly make me miss the like button. :(

Clearly scum trying to throw the blame on someone else.

Unvote
Vote: Mellow Ezlo
Another vote for Mellow.

Enough of this. We should 100% be lynching Viral Maze.

Let's look at his posts, shall we?

This was right after Draco started getting a bandwagon. Legend has it if you are one of the trailing votes (after the 2nd person) on a bandwagon, you have a bigger chance of being mafia. But he says "draco bby" and ":(". Why? Being playful. Beyond that, why? To act like he's voting for fun. But he's not. He's trying to lynch a townie.

As soon as the bandwagon started to die down, he unvotes Draco and votes for pancake!
This is to further enforce that he was just bandwagoning and it was complete RV.

Let's remember that Town has no reason to be manipulative or lie. So why would he try to do this?

Here's his next post:

Again, he's kind of joking, but he's also serious. He wants to RVS someone (shown later), but he's trying to make it look like a joke, so if they lynch a town it's all "not my fault!!"
Actually brings attention to this:

Does make Thar seem scummy, doesn't it? But I feel like Thar is often like this. I think Viral is more likely scum, and then if Viral is scum, Thar is his scumbud.

What is this logic? This isn't logical.
A little birdy once told me: "When Viral tells the town to do something, they just do it."
This is entirely true and has been shown numerous times in mafia. Viral is aware of this.
Sure, Viral doesn't want to die day one, but the way he's going about it is to force a lynch on Pancake as a result. He's not even defending himself.
Pancake is almost definitely Town, in my eyes.

More of Thar being his scumbud. Logic dictates that if you FoS scum and don't vote for them, you are probably scum.

Look how much he's still pushing to lynch MF or Pancake.
He says he never said Pancake was scum, sure, but then he later says "I'm not sure if you and Pancake are town..." trying to put doubt in our minds. But then after Pancake is lynched he can go back to his original "I never said he was scum!!! It was RV!!"
He also subtly defends his scum bud: "Why Thar over Pancake?" he says.

People say Viral would not be so blatantly scummy. Yes he would. He does whatever he wants because he's Viral and knows people don't think he'd play poorly. Classic WIFOM.

Now back to thar:

Good ol scum buddies!

I would put my finest coin on Viral being scum, and if he is, Thar is his scumbud.

Unvote
Vote: Viral

EBWODP
Err, Thar isn't definitely his scumbud, but likely is. Viral has a bigger chance of being scum than Thar, and Viral is a pro at mafia. Hence why I'm voting him over Thar.
I think wee need to watch Xy, this all feels like he is trying too hard to lynch Viral, grabbing playful posts and going after Viral as scummy on WHAT he does, trying to make it out as a WIFOM. Viral is a bad day one lynch, and it's worrisome that he wanted him lynch so bad. Maybe Pancake and music are his scum buds?

Viral is acting scummy, that I agree on. However, does it really seem right that somebody of Viral's skill level would make it so blatantly obvious that he's scum? If he is, he's really not making much effort to make it seem otherwise.

It is quite possible he's just joking; it is still day 1 afterall, and we have so far gotten absolutely nowhere!

I don't perceive Viral as mafia, so I don't personally think he's the best lynch candidate. It is the end of the day though, and there is not much time, so maybe we should go with it anyway?

I don't even know. :/
Defended Viral with defended some very good points and facts

Thank you sir. Wait a minute! :mad:

EBWODP

Again, classic WIFOM. He thinks we wouldn't think that so he acts scummy to make us think we are town. Sounds ridiculous, sure, but it's just as possible as him being town and just acting scummy for no actual reason. Basically, you can't write anyone off, especially someone like Viral, and especially if they are acting scummy. Scum behaviour is scum behaviour, to put it simply.

Xyphon's strategy was nice. Wait until the last few hours before pushing my lynch while every other lynch bandwagon is slowing down.

If you're trying to lynch me for using probability coupled with Pancake having the most votes on him already, then good luck.
If you're trying to lynch me for attempting to see connections between MF and Pan, as to why the former would try so hard to deflect the votes back to me and then Thar, then good luck.
If you're trying to lynch me for calling for a RVS lynch, when clearly I was testing the waters to see which people's reactions stood out, or if they did something out of the ordinary when everything before that point was a joke, then good luck.
If you think my RVS vote on Pan was exactly what I said it was going to be (a RVS Lynch), and don't think I had an ulterior motive masked behind a joking exterior, then good luck.

EBDP

I could vote Xyph.. or MF...
I think Pan is cool, but Im not sure, yet.

NO. NO NOLYNCHES. WE WILL LYNCH SOMEONE AND IT WILL BE...

UNVOTE

VOTE: PANCAKE SaMuRaI

Well damn. Now I look suspicious.

EBWODP

Uhh... I'm not even sure if he's a main lynch candidate right now or not... So if not then I just did something extremely suspicious and really stupid. :mellow:

Looking over Virals posts and discussion with Xy, seem either Xy is just too gung-ho or is scum. Viral could be either town or scum but on what Xy is going with, not the way too go. Xy seem to be backing off now... not sure what to think about that as he hasn't really said anything that make his suspicions less or he has another target.

Only thing that worries me about Viral is he might just be making sure there aren't any good lynchs taking place, maybe. Both day he wanted to investigate and find a lynch but seems to give up around the deadline.

It would be helpful to know if any of those death were modkills. As they said they where killed night2 I'm thinking they are all powerrole related.

Last edited:

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I am actually quite surprised that Xyphon hasn't really done anything here since the Day started. He clearly wanted to lynch Viral yesterday/Day 1 (can't remember :/), and yet today he's no where to be found. This could definitely be a scum move; once he realized no one would agree with me, he shifted gears to an inactive observation oriented meta. Maybe he would be the best lynch option for today?

Unvote

Vote: Xyphon

FoS: Draco

No matter what Draco does I'm always suspicious of him. In this case, it's the EXTREME lack of.... anything.

EbWoDp

JhonnySooshi (still looking for a replacement):

Absolutely nothing from him. Two posts, one was an introduction, the other was asking for a rundown of the game. We have nothing to get from pursueing him further.

PancakeSamurai:

Unvote
Vote: HappyMask

Reason? I wanted to vote for someone that I don't think posted yet. :P

Interesting post here. I could see Pancake calling out a scumbuddy here. Especially because of how dispensable HappyMask was. What would have happened if this bandwagon caught fire, and HappyMask was lynched? Pancake would be in a very good spot. First person on a mafia lynch? No one would think he's scum. This playful post could have been very helpful to Pancake if HappyMask was killed.

I totally forgot I was in this game :sweat:

I should read through the day and give my 2 cents then. :P

This post seems like a placeholder. It occured on Oct. 26, so he's had plenty of time to read through the thread (although I will be a bit lenient, considering he is currently modding a game), and yet still hasn't posted anything.

IGMEOY: Pancake

justac00lguy:

I'm highly against lynching an inactive. When I first started playing it seemed like a logical decision - an inactive won't scum hunt; therefore they won't help etc. However, I believe Mafia is a game of numbers as well as what action each player does, obviously the ratio of Mafia-Town is vital but even an empty number can put either side at an advantage.

Even if that player isn't necessarily helping, they make up the ratio that's keeping Town at a healthy advantage, in the beginning-to-mid stages anyway. Because Town are more prone to lynching a Townie, mistakes are inevitable, a inactive can sometimes mean less mistakes and who knows, their little input may prove vital.

Then there's also the fact that that player can be replaced or modkilled, so it would be a waste of a lynch in my opinion.

Saying no to a lynch of an inactive, but not suggesting an alternative? JC is far less involved in this game then others, which is similar to his playstyle in DBZ, where we were scumbuds. Definitely someone worth looking into.

FoS: JC

The Marshal:

Not very active (although no one has been >_>). He put a pressure vote on Draco, and clearly tried to assist in scumhunting. Nothing to look at here I think

DracoMajora:

He's scum. I don't even know why he's still alive. Can we just lynch him please?

All jokes aside, read this post for my serious thoughts on him.

Xyphon:

There's the short argument between him and Viral, nothing scummy there. Although, that would definitely depend on Viral's alignment. Maybe we should lynch Viral to find out? jks :P

Keyshe:

She has posted significantly less in this game than most, but that's probably due to lack of posts to go through and post about. Only person really scumhunting right now, so I guess we should keep her alive.

Luna:

... Gonna let Fused reply back before I say anything

But I kinda agree with Atticus here.

Interesting, she agreed with Atticuz on her thoughts, and of course Atticuz turned out Jester. Maybe Luna was scum trying to push along a lynch candidate, especially since as scum she would have known that both Atticuz and myself are Town, so once I was lynched she could put the blame on Atticuz for bringing the thought up. Definitely possible.

fused_shadows:

:right:

pkforce:

Unvote

Vote: TSter

HE TOOK THE BAIT.

RVS here for Mellow, Town Doc.

He's been a lot less active this game then LotR, which is an interesting change in playstyle. If he turns out town in that game, we should definitely pursue him later on.

Of course, he's getting replaced soon, so we'll definitely have to keep an eye on his replacement.

Big Octo:

Not very active, not much to use as evidence against.

A Link In Time:

Nothing. Absolutely nothing of substance from him.

PokaLink:

Three random votes for three people who are alive. No posts since Day 1. Proving to be a liability to the Town regardless of his alignment. I'd recommend the Vig take out Poka tonight if no better option arise.

Viral Maze:

Highest poster of the game, although he has yet to post during Day 3. I agree with Keyshe here, not a good idea lynching an active player in an inactive game. His Day 1 posts were definitely interesting, but we wouldn't really have any more info until the people involved post some more and/or get killed.

Thareous:

Odd lack of substance from Thar, someone who usually posts the most substance. It'd be great to hear your thoughts, Thareous.

Heroine of Time:

Substance = non-existant. Post moar qurl.

---

There are my thoughts on everyone.

Last edited:

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
like 70 % of all the posts have been spam so... yeah not much to work with lol.
But that was a might fine post Fused, I am impressed! What ever your role is scum or town that's a lot of work. Well played good sir!.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
like 70 % of all the posts have been spam so... yeah not much to work with lol.
But that was a might fine post Fused, I am impressed! What ever your role is scum or town that's a lot of work. Well played good sir!.

Thank you. :D

For today, I think we have four main options: Xyphon, Pancake, JC, or PokaLink.

I'm leaning towards Pancake myself, that interaction with Viral plus his scummy posts that I talked about before could give the Town more info than killing anybody else. He has the lone connection to HappyMask, and since we got nothing from HappyMask, this is the best place to start.

Additionally, I'm going to vote to remove the half of majority for lynch rule, this way me and Keyshe can choose the lynchee >_>

Vote: Remove Half of Majority Rule

Unvote: Xyphon

Vote: Pancake

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Viral Maze:

Highest poster of the game, although he has yet to post during Day 3.

Sorry, started a new job, so my time is extremely constrained. I'll still try to be active, of course.

For today, I think we have four main options: Xyphon, Pancake, JC, or PokaLink.
Not Draco?

Seeing as activity is hurting, I agree with this.

I agree with your assessments on most people. Luna definitely stands out, along with pancake.

Vote: Pancake

Luna: What do you think of Pancake? And of Fused?

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!

VOTE: MODKILL BIG LETTERS

Current vote tally:
PancakeSamurai – 2 (fused_shadows, Viral Maze)
PokaLink - 1 (Luna)
Thaerous – 1 (Keyshe)

Other Votes:
Half Majority Rule Removal – 2 (fused_shadows, Keyshe)

With 16 alive it takes 9 votes for a majority lynch. Day ends November 8th 10:00PM ET.

I will be counting posts later when I have time. ;)

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
(minimum needed: 3)

JohnnySooshi (still looking for a replacement) I'll replace him ;)
PancakeSamurai - 0
justac00lguy - 2
The Marshal - 0
Dracomajora - 0
Xyphon - 0
Keyshe - 3+ (safe)
Luna AKA Sadia - 2
fused_shadows - 3+ (safe)
pkforce - 1
Big Octo - 0
A Link In Time - 0
PokaLink - 0
Viral Maze - 1
Thareous - 2
Heroine of Time - 0

you're welcome Rainy <3

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Unvote
Vote: HappyMask

Reason? I wanted to vote for someone that I don't think posted yet. :P

Fused makes a great point in his analysis post about Pancake apparently calling out a scumbuddy. I don't believe that HappyMask has made a single post, if any. This arbitrary vote purely demonstrates that PS was trying to stimulate Happy to post more, so the connection between them is incontestably transparent.

Vote: PancakeSamurai

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Please all vote for the Remove Half of Majority Rule

I see you are now going with my idea Thar after jumping all over me for it lat day, tots scum. If only you didn't stop a lynch from the last day too T_T

Vote Thar too pls.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yes I too Vote for Removal of Half Majority Rule .

I was quite content with a no-lynch Day One - if you saw my posts in MM Mafia then you'd see why I support a no-lynch on Day One. However, two days is a bit excessive and it seems that activity is quite low in this particular game (I am also at fault of this). I put down my inactivity to me focusing more on the other mafia game due as it can be hard to focus on two at once which has led to me thinking about asking for a replacement.

However, I would like to get more active here and if you guys give me some time, I'd like to completely analyse what's gone on so far. Hopefully I'm not subject to suspicion because of my inactivity, if I am then I'll try and turn that around as I believe that cooperation is quote poor here so far - as why we haven't reached any majority decision yet.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I wanna be safe too! Post #2!

Vote: For that vote removal thing

Also, what idea are you referring to, Keyshe? Lynching an inactive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom