• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda I Find the WM+ to Be a Step in the Wrong Direction.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
"To me" is not a compelling argument when the motions are nearly identical to Link's. If we're going to go the route of "it's unnatural to me", I could argue that performing any action with a controller is unnatural, since all we're really doing is performing an action, whether pressing a button or swinging/aiming a motion-controlled device, that causes an animation to occur on-screen.

You could. And you know what happens? Bam, people say "yes, this is true...for you." In other words, arguing against it is futile, because it's strictly a personal experience.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I highly doubt people would take me seriously if I said I couldn't get immersed into a video game because I said "All I'm doing is pressing buttons."

Not a lot of people would, but I would. I can see where you're coming from (sorta). Pressing buttons is...pressing buttons. But making movements iwth the Wiimote is something entirely different. It would be like saying "I'm not immersed with playing a fencing game, I prefer to actually fence." One is an emulation - proper or not - and the other is the 'real thing'.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I can sorta see how people would find buttons more immersive...but that may be due to experience. When I play Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess, I forgot what I'm even doing...it's like I have two brains running at once...one absorbing the information presented on the screen and the other pushing buttons and moving the control stick at the right time. With Skyward Sword, I feel a conscious effort to make that perfect robotic swing to the left into other to get Link to swing left. I have to force it...whereas if I swing it naturally, Link swings in a diagonal direction.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
With Skyward Sword, I feel a conscious effort to make that perfect robotic swing to the left into other to get Link to swing left. I have to force it...whereas if I swing it naturally, Link swings in a diagonal direction.

It's called practice that **** so you can do it right without even thinking about it. I had do that very thing with my right swing.

hylianordonlink

The Hero Of Ordon
Why do sooooo many people complain about things???? You don't like it, you don't like it! That's good for you! Stick with whatever you like best! If you think pressing a button to swing a sword is better than swinging a 1:1 wii remote, go play the older Zelda games! You think 1:1 is better? Play Skyward Sword.(I personally thought the controls were great, because I have always wanted to feel like I'm in a sword fight, but the game doesn't always makes you feel like that.) And about immersion, you will feel more immersed in whatever control scheme you like more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom