• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Visiting Other Regions?

Austin

Austin
Would you like to visit old regions with Pokemon X and Y? We have not seen something like this since Gen II, but personally I would love for it to return.

In a perfect world I'd like to be able to visit every region but such a thing is not likely at all. Short of this, I think it would be interesting to visit Hoenn and this would probably please a lot of people seeing as how a Gen III remake did not happen.

What do you guys think? Do you think it is likely, and which regions would you like to see? Be creative!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Visiting other regions, I'd say is very unlikely to happen. However, I loved doing so in the Gen II games.

As a fan of certain Pokemon that are obtainable in Gen II, I'd love to visit Johto. And who doesn't love Kanto, huh?

Hoenn would be a fantastic choice but there will likely be a crowd of Gen III Remakers who would be displeased with the "three dimensional" point of view utilized in the Gen VI games.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Only if it makes sense. You could go back to Kanto from Johto because the two were on the same continent. As far as I know all of the other regions are separated by great distances across the ocean. I mean, I guess it would be possible for an ocean liner to function as a point of travel between two regions rather than between the mainland and some islands like previous games, may make the map funny but it all could definitely work, I'd just want it to have some story relevance so it's not just "HEY GUIZE HERE'S A TICKET TO HOENN HAVE FUN!"

And yes, if another region showed up at all, I would want it to be Hoenn, post RSE, see what's changed and stuff.

Kazumi

chagy
As Hoenn is my favorite region of all time, and because it has yet to be visited after the Gen III GBA games, I definitely think that Hoenn is a great candidate for something such as this. I remember finishing the Johto League in Gold and then finding out that I still had all (or almost all) of Kanto to explore, and being completely overjoyed. I would love it if Gamefreak could recreate that moment.

If I can't get my RS remakes, then Hoenn appearing in X & Y would be the next best thing.

Deeds

no text
It would be quite interesting to visist other regions, and I'm quite fond of the idea. It would be cool, in my opinion, if once completing X or Y, you had a choice of which region you could travel to. Kind of like an completion reward, like master quest. Except it would be completely different to the game you'd just played.
I know that this is extremely un-likely and most definitely will not happen, seeing as regions would have to be redone in the different visuals and camera angles, and modernised to the fullest. That would take ages, and hopefully they had all their eyes on the new Zelda, not thenew Pokemon (but that's just me).

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I honestly would not want Hoenn in this game, but would prefer it as a remake. It was a great addition to the Gen II games and their DS remakes to be able to travel to Kanto, but that was because it make sense. You could pretty much walk there, because they were both on the same continent, but all the other regions are very far apart. It wouldn't really make sense for you to be able to travel to Hoenn or Sinnoh, because the both of them are separate islands, and not linked to the others by land.

It is possible, though, that you may be able to travel to either Unova or the Johto/Kanto region, as on their maps, there is still land linked to those regions left unexplored. So it may be possible that this new region is linked to them.

I do think it would be awesome to have all the regions possible to go to, but it's highly unlikely that that will happen, seeing how the game is coming out in October.

Austin

Austin
I actually looked into the geography of the Pokemon world as I could swear I remembered hearing that all regions sans Unova were part of the same country, and Bulbapedia seems to have my back on this.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Region said:
In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, Professor Oak explains that Sinnoh, Kanto, and Hoenn (and probably Johto and others) are part of a larger country, whose name has yet to be revealed. This concept is similar to the regions of Japan, which the Pokémon world has been modeled after, and from which the Pokémon nation's Kanto region takes its name. Unova is known to be located far away from Kanto and Johto, and as such may not be part of this country.

There's also a picture here. It seems like, with the exception of Unova, all regions are within at least a ferry ride of each other so it's not outlandish to think that one could simply take a boat to the next region, or even just Surf there. Of course, not knowing where the new games are going to take place, we cannot say for sure that the new game is going to take place on/near this unnamed country. If it doesn't, then traveling between regions may indeed not make sense.

Zleda

Toon Deity
I can't see them creating a re-hash of an old region in the new 3D style of things... I feel like it would be way too much to put on one game. But I obviously don't know.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Would you like to visit old regions with Pokemon X and Y? We have not seen something like this since Gen II, but personally I would love for it to return.

In a perfect world I'd like to be able to visit every region but such a thing is not likely at all. Short of this, I think it would be interesting to visit Hoenn and this would probably please a lot of people seeing as how a Gen III remake did not happen.

What do you guys think? Do you think it is likely, and which regions would you like to see? Be creative!

I would absolutely adore visiting previously traversed regions! I loved the concept in Gen II, and I believe it should re-introduced in Gen VI. It gave the player more to do after the main storyline, and that just made the game much more enjoyable and worthwhile. As far as which region, I was kind of hoping the Sinnoh region. I was not that big of a fan of the Hoenn region, but the Sinnoh region really sparked my interest. If not the Sinnoh region, then either the Kanto or Johto regions. Any one of those would look fantastic in 3-D!

I don't have a problem with traveling to previous regions per say, but I don't think Gen VI is the best time to do that, what with the momentum of fans wanting a remake of Ruby and Sapphire. I wouldn't mind it in the distant future, but I don't really see this happening in Gen VI. Although We can't throw out the possibility of having two completely new regions in X & Y, but I guess this is very unlikely.

Mido

Version 1
It doesn't seem like Gamefreak would put a region crossover in this game, considering the huge transition to 3D, but it does appear to be a likely component in future once the 3D is mastered for handheld Pokemon.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Yes, a thousand times yes. If there were to be explorable versions of the other regions that also featured fully 3D landscaped I would love that, would totally just be all kinds of awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom