• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 7 - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I role claimed for one reason: I was going to get taken out if I didn't. I made a risky move to get rid of a mafia member and town, rather then two townies. Raindrop, the real cop won't come out because I AM the real cop. They would risk nightkilling themselves, but I'd rather be a martyr then a random dead townie. I said maybe I'm wrong to not positively identify myself as the cop, as a sort of shield. However I see that has backfired. Vote for me if you wish, I don't care what your opinions are anylonger. I'm a dead man posting, and raindrop surely knows this. SO take my warning, or lose two townies tonight.

Dr3W has a big point here...

Wait... so, in the same post, you say you're the cop but then use a "sort of shield" to "not positively identify [your]self as the cop"? That's like saying "Hey, my name's Joe." and then later saying "Hey, my name might be Joe, but I'm not sure."

So first you say, "I'm the cop! And Rainy is mafia!" Then, "I might be wrong about that." And then, "I said that because I didn't want to totally confirm that I was the cop, even though I kinda did totally confirm it." This is very bad cover up on your part. This is sounding more and more like a fake claim to me, and I'm going to have to Unvote: Dr3W21 and Vote: TheMasterSword. Sorry, your reasoning is not sound at all. Everything you say contradicts what you've said before.

Mido

Version 1
Has absolutely no reasoning to give us. "Extremely confident in [Rainy] being scum", despite the fact that he can't explain that reasoning. To me, that sounds as if he's trying to desperately kill someone who labeled him as "80% mafia" in this post:

Notice that he also got angry at her earlier for judging him as one of the 5 most likely mafia members:

Oh, man. He really flipped out on that one. Could it have been because he is actually a mafioso?! *pheonix wright points a dramatic finger at TMS*

Also, if you notice, he joined the rest of us and voted for Darknut_Hunter. It is very possible that he knew DH was a townie, and being mafia, joined with the rest of us in order to not seem suspicious.

In conclusion, TMS has very little reasoning in his trying to lynch someone who very likely has accused him correctly. He still has not given us his reasoning.

I'm incredibly sorry if this is because of your band practice, baseball and whatnot- that you continue to be involved in over the holidays for some reason- are the cause for not giving us your reasoning yet. :right:

Unvote: Dr3W21
Vote: TheMasterSword

If I die tonight, please know that have almost definitely found a mafia member. I also urge you to unvote Dr3W, as he seems to have cleared something up in his suspicion. Remember, this same thing happened with Darknut_Hunter before, and that didn't end too well for him, and harmed the town.

EBWODP: I'd also like to ask for an extension. Noticing how quite a few of us are going to be inactive for a week or so, I think we should have maybe about a week added before this day ends. I will also be heading to my grandparents' tomorrow, and they most likely will not let me have access to the internet (they don't like electronics), so I'll probably be inactive for around a week (I'm not sure how long I'll be there). So, Axle, I suggest we have an extension, also considering that you haven't ended this day because, I assume, you've been busy yourself. So yeah, an extension would probably be best.

Based on Keeseman's observations, TMS seems incredibly desperate to not be lynched. (Who wouldn't?) But the thing that really pops up is his "I could be wrong" statement, which was addressed by Dr3.

Wait... so, in the same post, you say you're the cop but then use a "sort of shield" to "not positively identify [your]self as the cop"? That's like saying "Hey, my name's Joe." and then later saying "Hey, my name might be Joe, but I'm not sure."

It seems to me that my earlier suspicions have been confirmed.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ha, fine, you will all regret this decision when you find the truth.

You've sealed the deal with this. An innocent person would spill his or her guts upon inevitable lynching to give as much information possible to the town in the future. This is a pretty clear (and insanely poor) way of trying to make us double think ourselves for no reason other than "maybe he's not scum". Time to put this to rest.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
In the meantime, may we address the inactive players yet again? Not sure if they should be modkilled or not.

Inactives:

univpark (requested to be killed off)
Violet
New Link

I'm quite sure that Violet has been on within the past 24 hours, and New Link has been on within the past three days. I'm almost certain that Violet is more aware of this game over New Link, which makes her very suspicious.

FoS: Violet

My vote on TMS will still stand.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I'm quite sure that Violet has been on within the past 24 hours, and New Link has been on within the past three days. I'm almost certain that Violet is more aware of this game over New Link, which makes her very suspicious.

Actually, she dropped out. I know this because I'm modding the moderate game, and she said she dropped out of both. So she's another drop out. Just saying for some clarification...

New Link however, I don't know if he dropped out. He most likely forgot about the game, but I've been wrond before.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
You've sealed the deal with this. An innocent person would spill his or her guts upon inevitable lynching to give as much information possible to the town in the future. This is a pretty clear (and insanely poor) way of trying to make us double think ourselves for no reason other than "maybe he's not scum". Time to put this to rest.

I already did spill my guts onn everything i know. You have all made a terrible mistake, and Im honestly not lieing, I'll put it on my life.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I already did spill my guts onn everything i know. You have all made a terrible mistake, and Im honestly not lieing, I'll put it on my life.

The first bit of bolded words comes across as you again trying to make us think twice.

The second: this is like a spam email saying, "this is not spam!". There is no way to judge whether or not you are telling the truth, and I would call your bluff on this one. Besides, you just made the redundant statement of "I'm honestly not lying" This may be a mistake in redundancy, but to me it seems to be more of a way to throw in as many words as you can to make it seem as if you are telling the truth.

Lastly, with the third statement, it kind of is already on your life. This again emphasizes the previous redundancy.

He's trying to cover himself up here, but is failing. A major slip-up, if you ask me. My vote still stands.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Im covering nothing, lol. Its funny seeing how deperate people act. I should teach a philosophy or psychology class. Reminds me of the tragedy of the commons, or the prisoners dilemma.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Forgive my ignorance, whats Tragedy of the Commons? Is that like Clue but not?

haha. No it's not even close. 4 farmers live on a patch of grazing land. They share the grazing land. If all the farmer graze for however long they want, the grass will die and they will all be in trouble. If the only graze half a day, the grass is allowed time to recover. However, one person could continue to graze. However, if the rest of them thought the same way as one farmer, then they are all screwed in the end. Similar to what's happening in this mafia game with the bandwagon on me for a truthful role claiming.

The Prisoner's Dilemma is a theoretical philosophic test. You and your best friend are arrested. They take you into seperate rooms, and at the same time offer you both an offer. If you confess and your partner doesnt, you get 1 year, and your partner gets 6. If you both confess, you guys get 4. If no one confesses, you both get 3. The most logical and safe thing to do is not confess, however it's risky, as if the other confesses, you get the bad end of the bat. However, if your confess and your partner doesnt, the tides turn. This is happening here as the town decided to give me "6 years" per say, to protect themselves. It's the logical thing to do, it's human nature to be selfish and want to survive.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Actually, she dropped out. I know this because I'm modding the moderate game, and she said she dropped out of both. So she's another drop out. Just saying for some clarification...

New Link however, I don't know if he dropped out. He most likely forgot about the game, but I've been wrond before.

Oh, my apologies. I didn't know she dropped out, but thank you for informing me. As far as New Link goes, you're probably right. He must have forgotten about the game, so he'll most likely be mod-killed (unless someone replaces him).

Mido

Version 1
Oh, my apologies. I didn't know she dropped out, but thank you for informing me. As far as New Link goes, you're probably right. He must have forgotten about the game, so he'll most likely be mod-killed (unless someone replaces him).

Yeah, if I recall, he only posted once or twice. Should we remind him, or just let Axle deal with the situation?

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
haha. No it's not even close. 4 farmers live on a patch of grazing land. They share the grazing land. If all the farmer graze for however long they want, the grass will die and they will all be in trouble. If the only graze half a day, the grass is allowed time to recover. However, one person could continue to graze. However, if the rest of them thought the same way as one farmer, then they are all screwed in the end. Similar to what's happening in this mafia game with the bandwagon on me for a truthful role claiming.

The Prisoner's Dilemma is a theoretical philosophic test. You and your best friend are arrested. They take you into seperate rooms, and at the same time offer you both an offer. If you confess and your partner doesnt, you get 1 year, and your partner gets 6. If you both confess, you guys get 4. If no one confesses, you both get 3. The most logical and safe thing to do is not confess, however it's risky, as if the other confesses, you get the bad end of the bat. However, if your confess and your partner doesnt, the tides turn. This is happening here as the town decided to give me "6 years" per say, to protect themselves. It's the logical thing to do, it's human nature to be selfish and want to survive.

I see.... that all sounds rather interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom