• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
If the cop does investigate me, how will we know? I suppose the cop could roleclaim, and show us my role, but wouldn't he be nightkilled by the mafia? Anyways,

Look at it this way. If we don't kill anyone today, then we won't have much to go on tommorow. And Axle and Darknut Hunter are the only ones who have a chance of getting lynched. So you see why I think one of the two has to be lynched, right? And for the reasons I've stated, the best candidate is DH. Also, i've just summarized the reasons listed by Garo, Axle, and Pendio, so you might as well vote for them. My reasons make more sense than your reasons for voting me. And what's so suspicious about bandwagoning? It's how you get results. Bandwagoning is a fundamental part of Mafia.

This is hypocritial. Just look at these quotes.

Perfect examples of "just an assumption with no real evidence.

The chances of us lynching a mafia member are slim. By saying how vital it is to get a lynch on Day 1 is just showing me how desperate you are to get to the night and get two townies down. The second one was an assumption, and I didn't vote for her on it.

However, I do realize that voting for you is incredibly unproductive, however I feel it risky to lynch one of the two. I'll make my decision soon.

Pen

The game is on!
I find it fascinating how Kybyrian can be so certain about Axle being scum, and that he's gotten so many other players on his side. With his recent role claim I've started to believe he's a townie (but we can't be entirely sure). So, I still don't know if I can trust him. If Axle is lynched today (which seems to be the case at the moment) and turns out to actually be scum I will definitely take Kybyrian's posts more seriously, because right now I really can't do that.

Anyway, I'd like to comment on some other things as well. Darknut_Hunter is, as I know Dracomajora has mentioned several times, a dangerous player to the townies of this game because of what has already been said: Wanting to shorten the day when Axle had the most votes even though there was plenty of discussion going on, and when he was accused for it he immediately started to accuse his accusers. If Axle is indeed a townie we might have great use of him, that's why I think we should be careful.

Nothing too new here, but I wanted to let you know my thoughts nonetheless.

Kirino

Tatakae
By saying how vital it is to get a lynch on Day 1 is just showing me how desperate you are to get to the night and get two townies down.
Desperate to get to the night? There's no way we're going to get a majority lynch, so voting wouldn't make night come any faster. I've given reasons for wanting to lynch someone for day 1, and many people would agree with me that it's a bad idea not to lynch anyone. Besides, someone's goint to die no matter what I do, and I would rather have it be DH instead of Axle. DH is a much safer choice, and has more evidence against him. Axle is risky, and has less evidence. I've also given many reasons why DH is the guy.

Pendio said:
Wanting to shorten the day when Axle had the most votes even though there was plenty of discussion going on, and when he was accused for it he immediately started to accuse his accusers.

The principle problem I see with this reasoning is that nearly everyone who has several votes on their head will naturally retaliate simply because they don't want to be lynched.

Here's a snippet from Axle's post:

Axle the Beast said:
Regarding your statement about DH... yeah you're damn right I want people to lynch him over me. I don't want to die, and I think he's scummy. Do the math.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Desperate to get to the night? There's no way we're going to get a majority lynch, so voting wouldn't make night come any faster. I've given reasons for wanting to lynch someone for day 1, and many people would agree with me that it's a bad idea not to lynch anyone. Besides, someone's goint to die no matter what I do, and I would rather have it be DH instead of Axle. DH is a much safer choice, and has more evidence against him. Axle is risky, and has less evidence. I've also given many reasons why DH is the guy.
You're not convincing me. My vote stands

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Lots to read and still haven't caught up fully. I actually forgot about this game :P oops. But what I've read has left me with an interesting decision to make. See, I think in all honesty, it's probably better to keep axle Alive just because of all the great conversation it's created. We've gotten some excellent evidence from people reacting and that is doing wonders for town actually. Now eventually I think he should die but as for right now, no. At least one more day with him alive so that we get can some more info.

I see DH is closest to being lynched but I haven't read into that much yet. So I'm not going to vote.

Kirino

Tatakae
You're not convincing me. My vote stands

Here's the difference between you and me. I have constantly given evidence and reasons to suppourt my claims and accusations. You, however, have given no evidence as to why my reasons are invalid. You also haven't explained why you think Violet is town, or why you aren't convinced. You vote for me simply because my reasons are invalid without stating why. Even after I provide all my evidence and reasons, you respond by saying you aren't convinced. My reasons to vote for DH make far more sense than you're reason for voting for me, which is simply because my reasons are apparently invalid. This is one of the most baseless votes I have ever seen. You are also quite the hypocrite. You vote for me saying that my reasons are invalid, when you vote for me for one of the most nonsensical reasons i've ever seen. Also, you call my vote just an assumption with no real evidence, yet that's where most of your reasoning comes from.

Kybyrian

Dracomajora said:
If the cop does investigate me, how will we know? I suppose the cop could roleclaim, and show us my role, but wouldn't he be nightkilled by the mafia?

You could argue against the whole point of having a cop in any Mafia game for this reason, but the point is to have some assurance for someone. If the time comes where a roleclaim is necessary, then maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea. But anyway, I think it's the only way we'll have the most benefit out of it. At least someone will be sure that way.

Linkdude74 said:
See, I think in all honesty, it's probably better to keep axle Alive just because of all the great conversation it's created. We've gotten some excellent evidence from people reacting and that is doing wonders for town actually. Now eventually I think he should die but as for right now, no. At least one more day with him alive so that we get can some more info.

This... doesn't make more sense. The longer you let a smooth-talker live, the more he's gonna smooth-talk. Just because it's created some conversation doesn't mean there's a huge reason to keep Axle alive. The conversation itself is mostly about lynching him or going with his suspicions and lynching Darknut_Hunter. We have nothing to gain from keeping him alive another day, especially if you think he's Mafia and should be killed. Squeezed dry, if you will. Are you just scum praying out a little more time for Axle, or are you just that inexperienced?

And, of course, since the day is closing soon, remember this post - #177

My 80% claim still stands (including Axle in that list, that is), and I still believe I'm going to die tonight, so don't forget these things. My advice for the cop and vig also still stand. I don't suspect Dracomajora as much as the others based on his recent actions. I think it's almost paramount that Jedizora is killed tonight. I don't see any logical reason to go after anyone else over him, the vig can cause huge problems if he goes after actives, even when they have good suspicion on them. Jedizora is a win/win.

Hopefully, after Axle's lynching and turning up scum, you will all remember what I've said and take it all a little more seriously. It's not just intuition - I have evidence scattered throughout my posts and have even linked between them a few times. Don't take what I've said with a grain of salt as surely the Mafia will try to convince you to do. Don't fall for their tricks. Hold strong for a townie victory.

I'm extremely sure that I've given you three more Mafia at the very least (plus the knowledge that one other inactive is likely one), so keep the names of those people in mind (GaroXicon, TheMasterSword, Dracomajora, Jedizora - Jedizora will hopefully die tonight under a competent vigilante). And I'd like to add one more possibility, perhaps it will recreate the 80% certainty once Axle is dead:

From above quote: FoS: Linkdude74

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Sorry for not being here last night to end the day, I was watching my opera. :bleh:

It was now twilight, and the people of the town waited for the stranger they’d seen before. She came as she said she would, to settle the problems of the town. One of the towns folk came up to her to tell her the agreement they made.

“We’ve made our decision ma’am,” Said Darknut_Hunter.

“And what have you come to?”

“We’ve decided we want to hang Axle the Beast.”

“Very well.”

The woman went up to Axle, as he looked around nervously. As she came closer with the rope, he lunged at her.

“You’ll not take me!”

The girl fought with her life, as the town looked on in horror. This man was strong and fast, but she was too skilled for this him, as she was trained to fight and protect. She pushed him off of her with her legs, and was able to pin him down by jabbing a knife in his arm. He cried out in agony, but she had won the fight.

“It won’t matter! You’ll all be dead soon enough!”

The girl finally finished him off by plunging a knife in his gut. He froze there, as if time had stopped. He looked at the sky with a longing, and died muttering a single word, “pain”. The girl stood up and looked around her.

“Do you know who this man was?” She asked the crowd.

None answered. Suddenly Axle’s body began to disintegrate. It turned to dust before their very eyes, and revealed a philosopher’s stone. The stone suddenly broke though, as the last of it’s power was used up.

The crowd looked on in horror. No human would have disintegrated like that, nor had a stone in them. Axle the Beast was, Sloth, a mafia member.

“You have all been witnesses to the killing of a humunculus. You’ve chosen well, and your town may be spared yet. Now go to your homes and rest the night and we may discuss in the morning.”

Everyone headed to their homes. Father was furious, but didn’t let it show that he was an ally of the dead being. He went off as the others did, and everyone slept, knowing that they could save their town.

Night dawned, as almost everyone slept.

Talk in this thread is at a halt during this night period. Those with power roles please send me your moves. ;)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Night of the first day:

This was it. Father was going to get rid of some of those humans that dared to interfere in his plans. Killing off one of his Humunculus was far from enough to set him off into a rage. So he planned with his Humunculus in the little room where he stayed, and devised with them his cruel plan to kill someone that night.
“Lust, you can take care of that. Gluttony will accompany you,” Father said to two of his homunculi.
The two of them went off without any questions, to do their duty to their dead brother. When they arrived at the household where their victim stayed, they crept inside without a sound. But they didn’t expect to see him awake when they turned a corner into the sleeping room.
He sat there with his Dao sword lay on his lap.
“Well well, looks like he knew we were coming Gluttony,” Lust said with an evil smirk.
“Can I eat him then?” Gluttony asked with his finger in his watery mouth.
“I knew you’d come for me,” Ling Yao said, arising from his spot.
“Not yet Gluttony,” Lust said, which Gluttony answered with a moan of sorrow. “Let’s entertain him first.”
“Oh you are the ones who will be entertaining me,” Ling said.
“We’ll see.”
But before Ling could do anything Lust had scraped him on the shoulder with her long sharp fingers. Ling wasted no time in cutting off her finger when it was stuck in the wall. She gave out a quiet squeal and furrowed her brows, but did not make an alarming sound to alert anyone nearby.
Ling was at her then, and before she knew it he had pinned her arm to the wall with his sword. He was fast, but not fast enough when she used her other hand to get at him from the other side. It went right through him, but he kept moving with the same speed as before, even with his blood pouring out.
Lust regained her stature and went again, dodging and hitting as Ling did. He landed a few major blows to her, but he was weakening.
Ling decided to take a risk then, when he saw an open spot. He went at her chest, where he assumed the stone that kept her alive would be. He wasn’t wrong in assuming, but his sword never reached its target. Lust had gone at him full throttle to the heart, and had stopped him dead. Ling dropped his sword from his shaky hands, and dropped to the floor in his own pile of blood.
He lay there with his hand clutching his gut as Lust came over to look down at him. She bent to the floor and smiled at him maliciously.
“What a shame, and you were so much fun. Oh well, Gluttony can take care of the rest now,” Lust said.
“I can eat him now! Yay!” Gluttony shouted with joy, jumping up and down and clapping his hands.
“W-Why are you doing this?” Ling asked as he lay dying.
“For Father. But if you’d like to know my personal reason,” She bent closer so as to whisper in his ear. “I do it for fun.”
She got up then and left the rest to the hungry homunculus. Gluttony gladly came over, and watched Ling’s horrified face as he opened his mouth. When Lust whispered to him Ling thought he saw something there, as if she was wearing some sort of mask. It hit him then, but too late as Gluttony dove in and ate him alive. But there was nothing he could do, as he had lost too much energy and blood to shout or anything.
Ling’s last sight was of Lust looking down and smiling evilly. He wanted to shout out her name, what her true identity was, as that was what he saw before. But he was gone, and the image faded away with his life.
Gluttony finished off Ling and smiled at Lust.
“Better clean up so no one knows he went missing,” Lust said with disgust at Gluttony’s face.
“I don’t think so.”
Lust turned around to see who was standing in the doorway of the building. He had a scar on his face in the shape of an X. He was wearing tattered clothes, and he had some strange marking on his arm.
“Hmm, and who might you be?” Lust asked, tired of the night happenings.
“My name is not important. But your life right now is,” the man said in a deep voice.
Lust sighed and relaxed her arms as she looked on at the man. “Don’t tell me he was a friend of yours? I don’t have time for games.”
“That man I have never even saw. What I am here for is curiosity, and vengeance for my people.”
“Ishvalan huh? Well then, let’s get this over with.”
The man ran at her so fast she didn’t expect it. He just missed her as he grabbed onto Gluttony’s face. Blue light was shone and blood flew. However Gluttony merely regained himself and moaned about pain. The man looked shocked, but regained himself before Lust could lay a finger on him. He was at the big one again though, before Gluttony was able to even breath. This time he aimed for his stomach, where he assumed the stone lies.
When his hand made contact with Gluttony’s belly it burst into a million pieces and the stone within was in his grasp. He quickly used the same alchemy and it disintegrated in his hands. Suddenly he felt a sharp pain in his back and chest, and looked at himself to see five long sharp objects, lunged into him.
He spewed out some blood, but the objects retracted themselves.
The man turned around to see Lust, angered a furious about what he’d done to Gluttony, but smiling at the fact that she’d won the battle.
“You’ve lost human, now die.”
Lust went again, but Scar quickly ran off, dodging her fingers. He ran through the opening between Lust and the doorway out. There he would be safe, for she wouldn’t dare make noise and alert the whole town.
She was disappointed and angry, but she went off anyway, to Father and tell him the news.

Day Two:

The next morning everyone gathered. Even though they didn’t know who was who, they knew someone was missing. When the girl came again they all asked her if she knew if anyone was missing. She thought for a little bit and looked at the crowd.
“Yes, in fact two people are missing from your group,” she said.
She walked through the crowd, looking at each person’s face. Then she went to one of the buildings. The door was open though, and a trail of blood lead out of it. How could they not see that this morning? She went inside, and the townsfolk stayed out, watching for fear of a trap. She bent to the floor and saw only dust and blood. But there was a sword where the most blood was, a Dao sword, one of the Xing peoples’.
Then she got up and left the house, closing the door. When they were all gathered once more she told them her tale.
“Two of your members are dead. One of them, Ling Yao, or Kybyrian as some of you knew him to be. The other, Gluttony, one of the seven deadly sins, or Jedizora if you like. It looks to be that your enemies have decided to go after you now, after what happened yesterday. And your fellow friend Kybyrian fell a victim to their revenge. And as for Gluttony, someone must have avenged your friend that night as well.”
The towns people looked horrified, for they knew they were no longer safe. But they had to go on, and that’s what they did. The girl left to come back later, and the town continued their discussions.

Kybyrian was Ling Yao, a vanilla townie.
Jedizora was Gluttony, the mafia strongman.

Living:
Dracomajora
Thareous
A Link In Time
Darknut_Hunter
zack125
GaroXicon
Fig
TheMasterSword
Linkdude74
Durion
Pendio
PokaLink
PK Flash
Rachel
zelda_geek
Violet
MonkeyFightSquad
GirlWithAFairy

With 18 alive, it takes 9 votes for a majority lynch. The day ends on 12/12/12 at 11:00PM ET ;)

The narrative you're providing is amazing, Raindrop. I'm a huge Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood fan making it all the better. It's arguably my favorite anime.

We all knew Wyatt would be lynched, that's no shocker. His plan to lynch Axle failed and it cost him the game. Nevertheless he was honest in revealing his role and perhaps some of the information provided will be useful later.

Jedizora's death comes as more of a surprise. He hasn't been too active although Wyatt did mention having suspicions against him. I'm wondering how many Mafia members there are in this game. Father is likely the Godfather and the story confirms Lust so at least two are left living. I wouldn't be surprised if Pride and Wrath also appeared seeing as how they are prominent homunculi bringing the count up to four. Or maybe all of the seven sins are present and there are seven mafia members left to dispatch, however, four seems most probable.

Kirino

Tatakae
His plan to lynch Axle failed and it cost him the game.
What? His plan succeeded. Axle was Sloth, a Mafia member. Remember?

Unfortunetely, Ky is dead, and is town. But it's absolutley amazing how she managed to pinpoint 2 Mafia so far. Ky has really proven himself, and we should look at his suspicions. However, that doesn't mean I regret my earlier actions. Ky's evidence against Axle was very poor. Not knowing either of their roles, I only did what was logical, and tried to stop what I thought was a baseless lynch.

Also, I believe TheMasterSword is a good target for a lynch. He seemed to be one of the people that Ky suspected most, and he has been acting very suspicious so far. Besides the evidence Ky originally pointed out, he has made many claims based on practically no evidence, and has been very hypocritial. Also, if you're going to call this me accusing my accusers, well, you'd be right, but i'm not accusing TMS because he accused me, but because he is sucpicious, and because he actually has some pretty good evidence against him.

ebwodp

Also, TheMasterSword, you've yet to present any sort of defense or even make a mention of anything since GaroXicon put the FoS down on you. Afraid of getting the heat, especially under who seems to be a very competent player? You're looking to me to be an awful good candidate for scum.

FoS: TheMasterSword

Maybe you'll reply this time instead of pulling the scum tactic

TheMasterSword (#121) - I started thinking later in the day here, maybe he didn't react because there's no real threat. If GaroXicon is indeed scum as I believe him to be, then TMS would have had no reason to feel threatened or respond to his FoS. This and the fact he's lain low and even voted for a shorter day at the beginning of the game until some heat came down against voting for a shorter day lead me to believe he's also scum. Also reinforces my feelings against Garo somewhat.

Also, he has been acting hypocritial. Look at this quote:

Up to this point, all the evidence you have given is either invalid or just an assumption with no real ground to place it on.

And look at these.

A vanilla townie that I see for sure is Violet, and I'm assuming she's Mei Chang.

He somehow manages to find Violet's role. How? He gives no evidence. He couldn't possibly know, Violet's been very inactive. I don't think she's made a single post relating to the actual events of the games, only RVS and the first 3 or so pages. What's ridiculous, is that he accuses me of making assumptions without any ground to place it on, when his claim about Violet is just an assumption with absolutely no ground to place it on.

Up to this point, all the evidence you have given is either invalid or just an assumption with no real ground to place it on. Any lawyer would destroy you in the court of law. Also, you bandwogoned on Darknut_Hunter, which tells me you may have some cohorts that are part of that bandwagon.

Where does he get that my bandwagon says that I might have some cohorts that are part of a bandwagon? That is just a random assumption. Again, hypocritial. In fact, his whole vote against me is hypocritial. He says my evidence against DH is invalid, or just an assumption with no grounds. And he votes for me just like that. Little reasons, almost no evidence, and no explanation or reason as to why my reasons are invalid. He says my reasons are bad, but his reasons are far worse.

Currently, i'm not making any votes, as i'm still organizing my thoughts.

Dracomajora said:
What? His plan succeeded. Axle was Sloth, a Mafia member. Remember?

Derp. I completely overlooked the post from the 25th.

Interesting observations regarding TMS, Draco. I'll wait until he defends himself, however.

I'm still keeping my eyes on the inactives as well as Darknut_Hunter who seemed suspicious last day. Conversely, Garo's involvement in that subplot also has me watching him.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I apologize for being inactive, really. Well, I'm back. First things first:

A vanilla townie that I see for sure is Violet, and I'm assuming she's Mei Chang. Furthermore I feel it necessary that we may also have a cult on our hands, possibly the one that's planning a coup (in the Anime) or possibly another (there a bit of "clans" if you can call them that.) So we don't just have mafia to worry about.

Are you accusing me for being someone else? You don't even have solid and much evidence, just like what Draco said. If it's true, then where is your proof? Your assuming I'm Mei Chang because I was just very inactive.

I am still keeping an eye in people here, so no votes for me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom