• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver(the Official Thread)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Yes, it has been confirmed by Nintendo, that, as a commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the second generation, they are going to remake both Gold and Silver.
They are scheduled to be released in the fall of 2009 in Japan, and early 2010 in Europe and USA.

Soul Silver Official Logo

pokemonsilverDS.jpg

Heart Gold official logo

pokemongoldDS.jpg

New elements will be added to the game to celebrate the return to the Johto region, the games graphics and sound will also receive a boost but we can’t imagine it’ll look too different from the latest Pokémon titles.

Discuss your thoughts here, and post any news here as well:)

You all remember this
possible.jpg

Maybe they aren't fake, maybe those are the real covers. Maybe not.
Remember that in April's fool of 2007 or 2008 Nintendo showed a screenshot of the route where the pokécenter was in GS?Maybe the games have been in a beta state for some long time, or maybe they are even finished, and they're just holding on, because if they were released now, the sales of Platinum would go down, for sure

Last edited:

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Sounds great, I remember playing those games when I was just a little kid, and when I actually got my first game, which was Crystal version. I love that they are doing this, I wonder what consoles they are going to be on, and if there will be a Crystal remake.

I can't wait for this.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Sounds great, I remember playing those games when I was just a little kid, and when I actually got my first game, which was Crystal version. I love that they are doing this, I wonder what consoles they are going to be on, and if there will be a Crystal remake.

I can't wait for this.

They were announced for the NINTENDO DS, and, of course there won't be a Crystal remake, like there was no Yellow remake.
I didn't mention the platform because I thought it was unnecessary to.

But yes, Nintendo DS is gonna get two more awesome games, for those who complain about the lack of HARDCORE GAMES on it

I am definitely pumped about this. I have played all the Pokemon games so far, and have actually been quite into Diamond since its release, mainly for battling purposes. But I haven't really been a big fan of the game since GS. To me, those two titles, along with Crystal, were the highest points in Pokemon's history. I'm so glad they are remaking them. I just hope they do the originals justice.

Wow, I've been wondering why they would make Pearl/Diamond instead of re-making these two awesome games, but I guess I know why now. :P

I'm going to buy this as soon as I can without a doubt. The second generation is arguably my favorite in the series, and the possibilities with this game seem endless now that they have the much better DS to work with instead of the old GBC. This is definitely something to look forward to next year.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I am definitely pumped about this. I have played all the Pokemon games so far, and have actually been quite into Diamond since its release, mainly for battling purposes. But I haven't really been a big fan of the game since GS. To me, those two titles, along with Crystal, were the highest points in Pokemon's history. I'm so glad they are remaking them. I just hope they do the originals justice.

I completely agree. And the promise of extended storyline also excites me even more.
To make it fitting to FireRed and LeafGreen, I think that they're probably gonna add the Sevii Islands, as well.
These games may probably end up being the best pokémon games, ever!
I really wish to put my hands on them, and I don't care that the names sound a little funky.
The main reasons I've been hooked to Platinum are the online features, and the real time system, and this two games totally have that.
Maybe they'll even add up the Underground, and a Battle frontier. That would be totally awesome

I completely agree. And the promise of extended storyline also excites me even more.
To make it fitting to FireRed and LeafGreen, I think that they're probably gonna add the Sevii Islands, as well.
These games may probably end up being the best pokémon games, ever!
I really wish to put my hands on them, and I don't care that the names sound a little funky.
The main reasons I've been hooked to Platinum are the online features, and the real time system, and this two games totally have that.
Maybe they'll even add up the Underground, and a Battle frontier. That would be totally awesome

Not to mention that the Pokedex might actually be completable now if these two games are compatible with Pearl/Diamond (I can't imagine they wouldn't be). No more tiring trading sequences from XD and Colosseum for those three wolfs, Lugia, and Ho-Oh. We can get all five of them in this game. Like you said, the possibilities seem to be endless now.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Not to mention that the Pokedex might actually be completable now if these two games are compatible with Pearl/Diamond (I can't imagine they wouldn't be). No more tiring trading sequences from XD and Colosseum for those three wolfs, Lugia, and Ho-Oh. We can get all five of them in this game. Like you said, the possibilities seem to be endless now.

You could already capture the Legendary Beasts in FireRed and LeafGreen.Only one at a time.
But I think you'll be able to catch the three of them in-game, in these versions(in Fr and Lg you had the chance to capture only one, depending on your starter: Bulbasaur: Entei, Squirtle: Raikou, Charmander: Suicune).

As for Ho-Oh and Lugia, they'll be either both be capturable in each version, one at a lower level and the opposing bird at Lvl 70(à la Silver and Gold) or they'll be version exclusives.

This is definetely the DS game that will always be plugged on my DS:)

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I don't like the names of these remakes, but I'm curious how these new games will be. I hope they don't create more of those stupid pokemon you can only get in events and that the newer generations are not dominating the game.
I really liked the old silver/gold and I still play them sometimes. I liked the fact that you can go to kanto to explore a completly new world and if Nintendo also adds the hoen and sinnoh region i'm the happiest pokemonfan ever :P.

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
This is awesome, I've been thinking about this lately as well. I'll surely grab at least one of them :). It'd be nice if the DSi had downloadble pokemon games from the first 2 generations.

DCMN

Hero of Internet
The only generation I never played, it'll b great to finally play G/S. HeartGold is mine on release day. :D
While the names are growing on me, I can't help but think that SilverDusk/GoldDawn or GoldSky/SilverSea would of worked better.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
To be honest, i saw this sorta coming because there where rumors that nintendo leaked some info about these remakes a long time ago.

Yeah its cool and all but, the main thing i don't like is that if i buy it, all of my Pokés are in Diamond. I wished they made a "Pokémon Box" for the wii. They made one for the GC a long time ago. It wasn't exactly a game but rather an expension to store your pokemon, with a few extra's.

I'm psyched! I've been waiting for these ever since LF and FR can out for the Game Boy Advance. I loved those two games and played them to death trying to relive my Kanto experience. I really hope they hit the bulls eye with these games too. I think the titles are great, I have no problem with them as long as I get an awesome game with 16 gym badges. And I doubt that they are completed, or else i think they would be making the English versions and have a simultaneous release date before the winter holidays instead of releasing the US/European versions in '10. These games will be on my buying list for sure!

What version will everyone be buying? I will be buying Soul Silver.

Last edited:

Kazumi

chagy
:cry: It's may dream come true... I'll be going after Heart Gold, and my little brother is going after Soul Silver, you've got to live the full experience. And, I'm just as excited about the Kanto part of the game as I am about the Johto part. I've always wondered what Kanto and Johto would look like with Platinum graphics. Anyway, I'll be transferring all of the Pokemon I get from these two games to Platinum, it's my main game. Where I store all of my crap. I'm REALLY excited about this! YAY!!

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
It's for real? This is amazing news! I'll definately be getting one of them after they come out. I might end up getting HG simply because I own Gold. It'll make up for the fact that I probably won't be playing Gold much anymore since I have a DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom