• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Heard of a Little Game Called SLENDER?

Fig

The Altruist
Mind if I share some info on this game? The following is just an assumption that I heard from a friend who has played the game before.

Supposedly, once the player has collected all 8 pages/notes in the game, the Slenderman will appear out of no where and his face pops out. This is just rumor and the creator(s) of the game hasn't gave any info on this matter.

Nonetheless, I find Slender very scary and is one of the reasons why I'm having these nightmares of these creatures killing me. I just want to end these nightmares. :cry:

Garo

Boy Wonder
Slender focuses on lulling a player into a false sense of security and then throwing a fairly inescapable enemy at them in a fairly tight space. It's basic horror game strategy. Jump scares, shock and awe, no way out. Those kind of things.

Still, I have seen scarier. Play some SCP: Containment Breach or Cry of Fear and you'll see what I mean. Those ones can be pretty terrifying at times.

He's easily escapable if you know how to do it. The fear in Slender hardly comes from the jump chord that is played when you turn a corner and he's there; the fear comes from the slowly increasing music as you gather the eight pages. From the white specks on trees in this distance, all of which could feasibly be your enemy staring you down. From the panting of your character as you've exhausted your stamina in a frightened run in the opposite direction.

Atmosphere more than anything else. Very well made, and much more frightening from the at-times comforting SCP: Containment Breach (doors are comfort, open environments are more primal), and the mostly gore-fest Cry of Fear. No game but the simple, elegant Slender has ever made me sweat, and it did that without me ever sighting the antagonist (of course I eventually did).

More on topic: I recently managed to conquer the game's challenge and gather all 8 pages. I'm not going to spoil what happens then, however, because where's the fun in that? :P

Slender Man has long been one of my favorite urban legends, and having played a part in its spread across the internet (I ran my own Slender Man blog for a time) it's one that I hold close to my heart. Horror is powerful when done well, and Slender Man is a great canvas upon which to create horrifying works - Slender is great proof of that.

ZeldaMaster

Lightning Farron
I've heard of it, seen people play it, watched Pewdiepie and whiteboy7thst both cry while playing it... It looks scary due to the SlenderMan element but without old slendy the game would just be a hopeless girl wandering the woods looking for 8 pieces of paper.

I have this game, and love it. The setting is great, the music is nice and the graphics are cool... but this game isn't scary at all...

Ugh, I don't find this that scary. I think the youtube reaction videos of guys faking being scared kind of turned me off.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I played it, and had quite a bit of fun while playing it. I recently beat it. Don't pay attention to anyone who says it's boring, it's not, not at least for the first dozen times you play it.

Last edited:

masterSword2

Smile!
Ive seen it played on YouTube and I've also played it at a friends. It's pretty scary IMO but after playing it multiple times it gets less scary. I think between the music and the places some of the notes are located, this game does a really good job at creating a tense atmosphere. I also reccommend at least trying this game out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom