• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tingle

D

doclinkin

Where did Tingle come from anyway? He just showed in Oos and OoA. they put him in majoras mask, but not OoT.
and whats with the balloon? >.<

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
im guessing youve never heard of the game tingles freshly picked rosey rupee land..

it explains his back story. hes basically an average person who was tricked into being the slave of a man named uncle rupee who is crazy about rupees. thats why tingle is always selling stuff, to make money. also, its stated that any slave of uncle rupee gets the title of tingle which implies that each tingle in the zelda series is a different person with the same name (like Link).

you also didnt mention that he was in WW and there is also a character in TP whos design is based on tingles design.

R

Renan

im guessing youve never heard of the game tingles freshly picked rosey rupee land..

it explains his back story. hes basically an average person who was tricked into being the slave of a man named uncle rupee who is crazy about rupees. thats why tingle is always selling stuff, to make money. also, its stated that any slave of uncle rupee gets the title of tingle which implies that each tingle in the zelda series is a different person with the same name (like Link).

you also didnt mention that he was in WW and there is also a character in TP whos design is based on tingles design.

That's freaking crazy man, I guess I should import that game to learn about the magic of Tingle. To bad it never came out in the USA.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
dude, over Christmas break when i was Christmas shopping i saw the game with my own eyes at a target store and said to myself "what will they think of next?"

dude, over Christmas break when i was Christmas shopping i saw the game with my own eyes at a target store and said to myself "what will they think of next?"

Really?
Let me check Wikipedia...
That's weird, there's no release date for America, only Japan and Europe.
I have no idea how you saw it in a Target store.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
also, its stated that any slave of uncle rupee gets the title of tingle which implies that each tingle in the zelda series is a different person with the same name (like Link).

I have to contradict you there.
I'm gonna quote Uncle Rupee:

"as long as you have rupees with you, you are immortal" or something along those lines.
And no, TRRL was never released in the USA. What you saw was probably some store selling the European version of it.
And Tingle's appearances are:

Majora's Mask(2000)
Oracle of Ages(2001)
Wind Waker(2002)
Minish Cap(2003)
Phantom Hourglass(2007)(Yes, there's a little cameo of a sign showing his face)
Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland(2007)

On a side note, I'm glad I never set my eyes on Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. I can't stand Zelda spin offs of any kind, it just ruins the whole mystery of a new proper Zelda game having these crappy little money makers on the side. To me anyway.

I never knew the story of Tingle, never really cared for him, the first time I saw him was in Majora's Mask. So I assumed that's where he was created in. Just another strange creation by Nintendo I thought. I got sick of him when I saw him in Wind Waker <_< I can't stand him now.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Majora's Mask(2000)
Oracle of Ages(2001)
Wind Waker(2002)
Minish Cap(2003)
Phantom Hourglass(2007)(Yes, there's a little cameo of a sign showing his face)
Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland(2007)

theres also a game called tingles balloon fight or something along those lines.

I think Tingle is being overused now. I mean he is a character, maybe a good one, but he is now appearing in most of LoZ games and even have one (or more if I grab Zemen's word) game of its own. xD

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i wouldnt say hes being overused. when you have a character that gets as much attention as him, you use it, even if its bad attention. even if people hate him, there are enough people that make a big deal over him that he makes money. saying that tingle is overused is like saying tha toad from super mario brothers is being overused.

That's a straw man fallacy to me, but even going by that, if Toad gained as much attention as Mario and Luigi like to have two games where he's the main character I'd think he is been overused.

Not just because he is getting too much attention means he is not being overused, being overused is one thing, that he's popular is another, it is just like Pikachu as the representative of the Pokemon franchise.

But anyway, I don't think we can discuss this issue further in this thread without going off topic, so lets keep it like this. You got your opinions I got mines. You just show me "overuse" it is also subjective to the individual and I am doing no more than stating my opinion about Tingle and so did you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom