• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Did You Like Wolf-Link?

Did you like Wolf Link?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He was ok

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've found that many people thought it was cheesy and rather stupid. Personally, I enjoyed it the ability to use the extra speed and abilities. My favorite part was ripping Keese straight out of the air and wathcing Midna slam on Link's back after warping and taunt him in the Hyrule Castle Jail cut scene.

Your thoughts?

GAMERG0D

The Gamer God
Yeah he's cool, except it's REALLY annoying to collect the tears each time I go through the game.

Yeah he's cool, except it's REALLY annoying to collect the tears each time I go through the game.
I agree 100%. The first time was cool, the second was like...ok. And the third time I wanted to shoot Zant for making me do this.

MW7

As much as didn't like all the forced wolf segments (mostly the tears of light), I did like how the wolf transformation was used later in the game like how you needed to switch between forms in Arbiter's Ground to progress through the dungeon. So really I guess I liked the wolf idea but thought that up through the first three dungeons that it was poorly used. In the later parts of the game I thought it was awesome.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Wolf Link concept was freaking amazing, not so much WL ingame. Tears of Light aren't necessarily Wolf Link gameplay (they're forced to him, I know), so aside from that I dislike how limited the gameplay is. We do like three things, and three things only. We dash, we press B, and we use Senses. That's all I can remember doing as Wolf Link. He didn't feel like a finish product (much like the rest of TP), so I guess Nintendo didn't try too much with him.

The Wolf Link concept was freaking amazing, not so much WL ingame. Tears of Light aren't necessarily Wolf Link gameplay (they're forced to him, I know), so aside from that I dislike how limited the gameplay is. We do like three things, and three things only. We dash, we press B, and we use Senses. That's all I can remember doing as Wolf Link. He didn't feel like a finish product (much like the rest of TP), so I guess Nintendo didn't try too much with him.

^ This. He was...neat(?), I guess. But I couldn't help but compare him to Okami, who's MUCH better, in my opinion.

To be honest, at first I hated it. I totally despised the sewer part and got so frustrated, haha. But later I began to really enjoy it. Once I got the option to change back into Hylian form, I actually loved that I had the option to be Wolf Link. I realize now that it was a really amazing addition to the game. Definitely a very cool concept.

I wasnt into the wolf link to honest. I think it is much funnier being the actual link with sword and shield. It is nice that they come up with new stuff for sure though :)

I didn't like wolf link at all. I thought he was stupid looking and useless in fights. I am glad they tried the idea though, so if we ever have transformations that are similar to wolf link it will likely be done better.

I completely and utterly despised the wolf form. So much less fun than even the deku scrub from MM. The senses were the best thing the wolf had andthey limited vision, which was annoying. Being forced to be a wolf and have that horrible imp driving me around like a slave owner was an awful experience

I agree with all of you. Minus the forced transformations and the few parts in Hyrule Castle, The Ganon Fight, and dashing, he seemed to be useless. The parts we could freely use him to our advantage were cool, but other than those few bits, he was rather pointless.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The beginning segments with Wolf Link were just plain BORING. After getting the Master Sword and gaining the ability to transform at any time, I found playing as Wolf Link to be fun, because it wasn't as forced.

MW7

I completely and utterly despised the wolf form. So much less fun than even the deku scrub from MM. The senses were the best thing the wolf had andthey limited vision, which was annoying. Being forced to be a wolf and have that horrible imp driving me around like a slave owner was an awful experience

I never noticed the parallel between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. The one thing they carry over from Majora's Mask is forcing you to spend time in a transformation you don't like (and for Majora's Mask it was the only boring transformation).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom