• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Certain Magical Round of Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potential attention. Nobody's targeted him yet, and he's played very legitimately, that's true. But he's making people suspicious of others while he moves along, uncontested. It is an obscure thought, I understand, but one worth noting I think. And to borrow your term, he's doing it by leveling accusations toward the targets he mentioned beforehand. Nothing questionable in and of itself in that respect, but Mafia is a game about deception and it's best all routes are covered, such as this.

I've no problem with people voting based on gut instinct, and I've no problem with people voting for me, either. But if I follow your argument correctly it seems that you have voted for me based on the premise that I'm playing entirely legitimately and nobody has pulled me up for doing so. While I applaud you keeping an eye on everyone, I think voting for someone with the logic you're using is downright stupid.

Oh, and by the way, I've been serious about this thread since the moment I opened it. Not my fault if you don't realize it.
Josh, no offense, but it doesn't read that way at all. Nicole's statement was legit.

Potential attention. Nobody's targeted him yet, and he's played very legitimately, that's true. But he's making people suspicious of others while he moves along, uncontested. It is an obscure thought, I understand, but one worth noting I think. And to borrow your term, he's doing it by leveling accusations toward the targets he mentioned beforehand. Nothing questionable in and of itself in that respect, but Mafia is a game about deception and it's best all routes are covered, such as this.
What do you expect him to do while uncontested? Sit around doing nothing? Townies act. They accuse who they find suspicious and they move out in the open. Scum are the ones who sit behind.

Ad I can understand covering all bases, but that doesn't involve voting for someone who's doing legitimate scumhunting.

Axle, no offense, but you don't know how I'm playing this game.
You have a habit of joking around in the game. Now this might be intended as a serious playstyle, but it's not something most would consider to be taking the game seriously. It's legitimate for Nicole to think it's not very helpful.

David

But you called me here...
Unvote
Vote: Thareous

What attention away from him? When did Jimmy have negative attention on him in the first place? He doesn't have any reason to take attention off himself, and he's doing the opposite by leveling accusations. While I disagree with some of his targets, he is playing the game legitimately. I think your reaction is suspicious.

^This^

As for your retort, Thareous, you pretty much disproved everything that you've said about him. You pretty much said that you're going to vote for a legitimate player that's trying to keep things moving with legitimate scum hunting. I've seen everything that Jimmy has said with the evidence he posted, and often before he posted them. I personally do not feel that he's trying to purposefully make people look suspicious to other players. He's just sharing the things that he's noticed with the rest of us, that many of us have actually found. I'd focus on voting for the people that you think look legitimately suspicious and scum like with actual evidence, rather than just accusing someone with no basis. I currently find you the most scummy out of the people that have posted, and because of the things that you've said and how you've reacted. I am going to place my vote on you.

Everyone seems to have a legitimate reason for voting Thareous, so I will as well.

I'm absolutely in favour of voting Thareous, but surely you must be aware of how scummy this sounds? Even if you'd said something like "I agree with other's reasoning, and don't feel the need to repeat what has been said," I wouldn't have batted an eyelid, but this is a very suspicious thing to say.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
^This^

As for your retort, Thareous, you pretty much disproved everything that you've said about him. You pretty much said that you're going to vote for a legitimate player that's trying to keep things moving with legitimate scum hunting. I've seen everything that Jimmy has said with the evidence he posted, and often before he posted them. I personally do not feel that he's trying to purposefully make people look suspicious to other players. He's just sharing the things that he's noticed with the rest of us, that many of us have actually found. I'd focus on voting for the people that you think look legitimately suspicious and scum like with actual evidence, rather than just accusing someone with no basis. I currently find you the most scummy out of the people that have posted, and because of the things that you've said and how you've reacted. I am going to place my vote on you.

I'll concede with you here, since my vote was based solely on guesswork and lacked evidence to back it up.

Unvote: Jimmy

Jedizora

:right:
Well damn it guys, stop posting so fast. I'm sticking with my vote on Thareous. Either he is scum, a jester, a bomb, or he is just a Noob townie. Actually, He has only played one game before if I remember correctly, and that was a beginners game that he never posted in and was abandoned. So yes, possibly a Noob, but I think its more likely Noob scum. Or a jester...I hope he isn't, at least. Although Austin doesn't seem like the type to put on in his game, as Xinn mentioned a few pages back.

David

But you called me here...
Well damn it guys, stop posting so fast. I'm sticking with my vote on Thareous. Either he is scum, a jester, a bomb, or he is just a Noob townie. Actually, He has only played one game before if I remember correctly, and that was a beginners game that he never posted in and was abandoned. So yes, possibly a Noob, but I think its more likely Noob scum. Or a jester...I hope he isn't, at least. Although Austin doesn't seem like the type to put on in his game, as Xinn mentioned a few pages back.

FoS: Jedizora (never seen the point to bolding FoS's. If they're reading it, they'll see it.)

I wouldn't say that someone like Thareous is a noob. That's kinda insulting to him. Also, I personally wouldn't be using past games as the only reason to consider him a noob. There are many other factors out there that could make him a better player. What's also funny, is that you pretty much listed every role that he could be. You trying to assert yourself over us by guessing a role off of little to no evidence, or are you just not realizing what you are saying? The roles that you listed have a wide range of metas, and are often very different than each other. Anyhow, I wouldn't be calling a player a noob just because he's probably only played one game, and a beginner's one at that.

He is certainly suspicious, but he has a much better meta than many noobs that I've played with.

Djinn

and Tonic
Jedizora that most made almost no sense at all. You basically concluded that Thareous is.......something. I am not certain of how many games he has played or how skilled he really is but he has done an excellent job of creating confusion through his strange movements in this game. Now whether he is confusing everyone else or is confused himself I am not sure at all. But it is worth paying some attention to.

Jedizora

:right:
I wouldn't say that someone like Thareous is a noob. That's kinda insulting to him. Also, I personally wouldn't be using past games as the only reason to consider him a noob. There are many other factors out there that could make him a better player. What's also funny, is that you pretty much listed every role that he could be. You trying to assert yourself over us by guessing a role off of little to no evidence, or are you just not realizing what you are saying? The roles that you listed have a wide range of metas, and are often very different than each other. Anyhow, I wouldn't be calling a player a noob just because he's probably only played one game, and a beginner's one at that.

I guess you have a point. I was just saying that his post seemed suspicious, sort of obviously so. "Noob" was the only word I could really use, although I suppose begineer would work out well also. Didn't really mean it as a insult. =\

EBWODP
Jedizora that most made almost no sense at all. You basically concluded that Thareous is.......something. I am not certain of how many games he has played or how skilled he really is but he has done an excellent job of creating confusion through his strange movements in this game. Now whether he is confusing everyone else or is confused himself I am not sure at all. But it is worth paying some attention to.

Yeah. It's really all I have to go off on atthat stage. I guess I just tried to look at every possibility. Which as you can see, amounted to almost nothing, as well...
You basically concluded that Thareous is.......something.

Last edited:
Uh, I thought Jedi's initial post made plenty of sense. The roles he listed are particularly the ones that would have unusual posting patterns. Jester wanting to die, Bomb wanting to die, both of which would post unusually to make it happen. People often consider that noobs could be Jesters because Jesters attempt to act in a difficult, suspicious, eye-grabbing way. And noob Townies and noob Mafia often act similarly. His statement wasn't incorrect, it just wasn't articulated very well.

Kazumi

chagy

I'm not sure that I like the way that Thareous just jumped on Jimmy as soon as he called him out, and is trying to throw the attention off of him and onto Jimmy.
Unvote: Josh

Austin

Austin
UPDATE VOTE COUNT

Xinnamin - 1 (Nicole)
Thareous - 7 (Jedizora, Jimmy, Axle the Beast, TheMasterSword, David, Majora's Cat, Kazumi)
Josh - 2 (Erebea, MadameMajora)
Nicole - 1 (Josh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom