• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who else Agrees That Shooters Suck?

I have always loved zelda. The first game i played was the first. Ive been a fan forever. Then when call of duty came out, i bought it, then returned it. I hated it. Shooters have horrible gameplay, but realistic graphics. If you want a shooter thats good, play the frist metroid prime. Cod and other shooters dont deserve sequels. When mw3 came out, i said to myself, just write 3 in green on mw2 and you have mw3. The only difference is slightly better graphics. Who else agrees?

I hate COD. It's so... plain. I love any shooter that has something special. HALO - Alien weapons. Bioshock - Scares the crap out of me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No, shooters are quite fun to me. I'm actually bordering on saying Zelda games are sucking, because they're too easy to me. Of course, that's a personal issue that Nintendo can't exactly fix, so my complaining is really unwarranted. Shooters are still fun [to me], regardless of what Zelda fanboys and girls may say.

Call of Duty is giving the genre a bad reputation. There are shooters that manage to amaze Halo. Halo has a great story, characters the player actually cares for, and arguably the most robust online gaming on the market. That franchise alone, is keeping shooters relevant for me.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I do think that COD is overrated and that young gamers these days label the FPS genre as "hardcore gaming". But i don't have anything against the genre itself.

I enjoyed Metroid prime series, but thats more a First Person Adventure rather then a shooter. My first FPS was perfect dark on the N64, gotta love that game.

And im especialy a huge supporter if it involves motion controls, i just love precise aiming. If you want a good FPS on the Wii, i recommend Conduit 2.

CoD is complete trash. We need good shooters. Take a page from Goldeneye, Halo, or any other good representations of a shooter. Or better yet, just ignore them completely. That's what I do!!

Goldeneye for Wii is an EXCELLENT shooter. I wouldn't waste my time playing it if it wasn't a good game. The online play is very fluid, active, and fun.

TwilightKing

Stay Frosting!
The most major problem is that the young adults of this gaming generation rate anything with an E or E10 on the cover as a bad, childish game. You pull up the name Zelda at any conversation at my school, and you get plenty of fingers and laughs in your face. This is the problem, they won't expand their horizon to different genres of games and stick with the generic CoD and rate anything else as not as good is that. Don't get me wrong, I own CoD 4 and I think it's a great and entertaining game. There's just so many more games that are better though that the community will just refuse to play. Sorry for my rant. I had to get that off my chest.

I cannot agree with you. While FPS is not my favorite genre, it is not the worst; I personally like both CoD and Zelda and there's nothing wrong with that. It is not wise to generalize FPS as a whole as awful when there's a vast assortment of games available in said genre. Whether or not FPS' suck is entirely subjective; perhaps it is simply not your thing. I myself am a huge fan of Adventure, RPG, and Fighting games and most sub-genres that stem from them.

Teron

van der Nguyen
They're too addictive, yes. But I guess the only reason you're blaming the gameplay is that you just don't wanna believe some shooters are actually good. Try to look at them without so much hate.
If you still hate the gameplay, then you're probably just not very good at them.

Actually, im better at shooters than i am at zelda. I just dont like them. But you all are right, halo is good too. I like halo and metroid prime for shooters, but thats it.

Kazumi

chagy
I like plenty of shooters, even Call of Duty. People just get so worked up over nothing. The FPS genre and Zelda games are completely different, and therefore incomparable. There are few if no aspects of the genres that are similar, so why bother comparing them? FPS can be fun, and Zelda can be fun. Why not leave it at that? I don't see the need to yell and scream about another genre that you don't like, proclaiming that the genre that you do like is vastly superior in most every way. That's generally what is referred to as being a fanboy, and you're no better than the FPS fanboys that say Zelda games suck. If you don't like a genre, or don't like certain games in a genre, just leave it at that and let it go. It's OK to voice your opinion, but you don't have to be prejudice against another genre or games.

So no, I wouldn't agree that shooters suck. Some FPS, like Call of Duty or Battlefield, are very popular and because of this people like to hate on them. These are good examples of modern shooters, and there is a time and place for them. Call of Duty is a fun arcade-style run and gun type shooter, where as Battlefield employs more strategy and team-work. There is a reason that they are so popular, and that is because they are good representations of their genre, and that's also why they are often referred to when discussing the genre. In conclusion, threads like these are needless and make you look just as bad as the "FPS fanboys" that you hate so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom