• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Why Was Almost Everybody Dissapointed in Twilight Princess?

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Oracle of Canada, stop trolling. You'll fail.

I don't see why it was bad. Sure, it wasn't as good as WW and OoT, But it was still awesome.

Midna.jpg

I don't see why it was bad. Sure, it wasn't as good as WW and OoT, But it was still awesome.

Midna.jpg

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
your sure?

where the massive wars?
where the hard and creepy ghoma boss fight?
where the moblins?
where the huge forest?

the trailer promised us a lot of things that we didn`t have and thats why we were dissapoints

Yes, I'm sure. And, fyi, there were moblins, and a ghoma boss fight, and a huge forest. Have you played the game?

WhiteRundas

Ice Hunter
I think TP is a very good game, but only an above average Zelda game. Like many already pointed out it is really easy compared to other Zelda games and most of the items were useless after the temple you obtained them. The music and the atmosphere are good, but I think you can't judge a game because of them. The story was great...for the first half of the game. The second half was boring story-wise, as there were no twists or something similar. The gameplay is classic like OoT and I think there isn't something really new in it. Because of that, I can unsterstand some people, who say it is a rehash of OoT. But besides that it is a good game.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Yes, I'm sure. And, fyi,

there were moblins,

Isn't relevant, He asked where the MASSIVE wars were?
Why was Link the only guy in the whole game fightning an ARMY of moblins and shadow beasts, Makes Link seem invincible. There was supposed to be a war with NPC's fightning moblins.. but whateva

and a ghoma boss fight,

He was thinking of the beta boss fight, Where gohma was different and Link was being chased in some dark forest.

and a huge forest.

There was a forest yea, And it was pretty large.. ;)

Have you played the game?

I think that the real question here is "have you seen the trailers?"
But even then it depends how high hopes you had for the game, I'm worried that people will have the same hype level for SS as they had for TP and the game will be "TP 2.0", It will surely be a great game but will have flaws that will get bashed on.

That's why I have low hopes for SS, because then when it comes out I won't be disappointed but very happy instead.. Always be a little pessimistic when it comes to these things, just my two cents ;)

thanks zorth, like i said, the main dissapointement with the game was that the trailer showed things that wasn`t in the game

moblin were removed from the game, the massive battle too but there was 2-3 small battle on horse

the forest of the trailer and the alternative ghoma boss fight were also removed

Batman

I think that the real question here is "have you seen the trailers?"
But even then it depends how high hopes you had for the game, I'm worried that people will have the same hype level for SS as they had for TP and the game will be "TP 2.0", It will surely be a great game but will have flaws that will get bashed on.

That's why I have low hopes for SS, because then when it comes out I won't be disappointed but very happy instead.. Always be a little pessimistic when it comes to these things, just my two cents ;)

I followed TP for a long time until it was released. I saw a lot of (if not all) the trailers. You have to keep in mind that the trailers were not meant to be direct footage of the game. The only thing I'm saying is that in my opinion, the game lived up to the hype created by the trailers. Yeah, there was no massive war, but does that really kill the game? As to Mortelkill's comment, I was just showing that 4 out of the five things he listed were actually in the game. Maybe not as perfectly implemented as in the trailers, but nonetheless they were there and were pretty cool.

And again mortelkill, moblins were in the game. You can't deny that. Those things were everywhere.

Batman

Are they? I don't think so. You know that moblins are the pig-like monsters, do you?
Actually, I think you're right. I think I confused Bokoblins and Bulblins with Moblins. All these crazy "blins" suffixes.
I apologize mortelkill. You were right about the moblins thing. I thought you were refering to bokoblins or bulblins.

To get back on topic though, although the actual game may have omitted some things in the trailers and such, but I still feel that the game lived up to what the fans wanted (at least to me). I feel the same way about TWW. Maybe I'm just a fan of the less-popular Zelda titles. TP had a great story, good gameplay, fun dungeons, and pretty cool boss battles. I especially loved the improved horseback riding concept. The graphics were amazing, and the music was too. I just don't have a problem with this game. A Legend of Zelda masterpiece in my opinion, that was everything it should have been.

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
umm the game was... well... umm... here ill just make a list of the good and the bad;

good;
1. good story with interesting events.
2. naming epona was cool, i guess.
3. epic sauce sword upgrade, seriously it did like triple damage.
4. WOLF.
5. hmm big bosses, i guess.

bad;
1. 5 HEART PEICES, WTF!
2. epona wrangling?
3. wheres mah fire arrowz?
4. TEARS OF FREIKIN LIGHT!
5. epona was useless.
6. carrige mission sucked on gc.
7. Oot on sleeping pills.
8. hey wheres the dificulty settings?
9. over hyped!
10. MIDNA!
11. oh mah gawsh 11 already?!
12. CITY IN THE GAWSH DARNED SHKY!
13. oh hello over 9000 collection quests.
14. hey link the gamecube cant do hd!

funny;
1. gorons have steel nipples
2. oh hai lantern guy.

to be honest i liked the game it was fun.

I've highlighted the things in your post that either just plain didn't make sense or you didn't explain enough of.
Not sure what your thought process was when writing this post...

thanks, im sorry if you don`t understand my point, i said that the game didn`t live up to the huge hype he accumulate, not tat it was a bad game, in fact its an exellent game (my only real complaint is the universe that is too realistic and fake-dark but thats something subjective)

LinkGoro

Hero of Gorons
There was really no use of the dual overworld in Twilight Princess, and once you cleared the Twilight, you can't go back to it anymore. It's not like ALttP where you can switch between worlds and discover many secrets depending on where you decided to switch.

Actually, it really is possible to go back. I did it thousands of times. But i'm not sure if you're talking GC or Wii,
but i'm talking about tha Wii.

I liked the game, but it took me until my 4th time to have the motivation to play beyond bringing Lake Hylia out of twilight. I felt the game started way too slowly, taking a long time to get to the first dungeon. Now that being said, I still enjoyed the game very much when I had the motivation, and felt the second half of the game was better than the first. Overall though, it is last in my ranking of the 3D games.

oracleofcanada

never give in brohams!

View attachment 18954

View attachment 18954

sorry kemp but i was acctually expressing my opinion, sorry if i offended you... or any one else for that matter.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I think a lot of people either hate Twilight Princess to death or praise it and call it the best Zelda game ever. I am in the middle. Twilight Princess had many flaws but it still pulled off a very good gaming experience for me. The good things in the game overcame the bad of it in my opinionm but the bad things such as Ganondorf's introduction, a story that starts out great and then slowely dies, and how Zant turned out, do kind of add an uneeded weight to the game.

Ganondorf's intro appears to be what most people hate abou the game. The game starts out with a great menacing looking villain, Zant. Zant appeared to me as a great new villain at first, later on his character is destroyed by Ganondorf revealing to be themain villain to the story. When Zant hinted at having a greater person that he serves, I thought it would be a new character and was expecting something entriely different. After Arbiter's Grounds, the story throws a plot twist at you, Ganon is the bad guy. Which, as I previously stated, destroyed my expectations for Zant being the big boss. Ganondorf could've been implemented better into the story.

After Ganondorf is revealed to be the big boss, another curveball is thrown. Zant is a wimp and is nothing but Ganondorf's puppet. That destroyed Zant for me. He turned out to act like a toddler, having rage quits when Link beats him and acting very choppy and unbalanced in battle, very unlike what we saw of him before. To me, he was just wasted and felt like Nintendo had soemthing good going and then threw it out the window. I saw a lot of potential to Zant, but that was wasted.

Those are the things that stuck out to me, other than that I think that the game was majorly hyped. People were dying to play this game, and with great expectations, a little problem in the game, such as Ganon's intro, turns into a big problem because people were expecting the perfect Zelda game. I had huge expectations for this game when my friend told me about it, but all that hype was crushed. Twilight Princess is still a fantastic game, and one of the best Zelda games ever, but the hype that it carried for me, also destroyed it in a way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom