• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda The Forgotten Upgrade

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum!

I was looking throughout the internet of the original Legend of Zelda. There was always this same upgrade that you can get, but it bugs me that it never returned to the series. This upgrade I'm talking about is the White Tunic when you buy the blue ring. This White Tunic helps increase Link's defense so you take half damage from all enemies. The only other times I have seen Link's White Tunic is in the Super Smash Bros. series. I just want to say that Nintendo should bring back the White Tunic, because some fans like me love having these childhood memories being brought back to them and make them feel like a kid again.

Did you enjoyed having the White Tunic? Do you want Nintendo to bring it back? Is it possible to be shown or worn in Skyward Sword? Please tell your thoughts. This is the Hero of Nintendo travelling the Lylat System.

Zleda

Toon Deity
Well White Tunic or no, in Ocarina and Majora's Mask you can receive 1/2 damage resistance from a Great Fairy; although it would be cool to have a white tunic.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Yeah, hmm, It would be cool if it returned. But if it did, I would still wan't the red ring, because man, I hate those freaking Wizzrobes!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Blue Ring didn't give you a white tunic, it was more lavender in appearance :P
Anyway, I'd love for tunics to give you that extra edge; rings serve the same purpose in the Oracle series but they don't change Link's palette.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
It's not a white tunic, it's blue. The 8 bit colors weren't great, obviously, but the color is supposed to represent when you get the blue ring, just like Link turns red when you get the red ring.

piratedude108

BANANA WITH DREADS!!!!!!!
the blue ring gave a blue tunic and the red ring gave a red tunic. so obviously the color the ring the color the tunic.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Tunic Upgrades have been dead since Link's Awakening DX. That marks their last appearance, in which you could go through the Color Dungeon and pick Blue at the end to upgrade your defense. Now, they made a minor reappearance in TMC, where you could use the oracles'/deities' charms to change the tunic color to gain 2x Offense power (red), 2x Defensive power (blue), or 1.3x of both (purple, belonging to Farore. The others are obvious). But they definitely would be welcome. If they made Zelda a harder game (like back before OoT) then they would have to give you Tunic upgrades later on, which I feel would be very welcome.

kaimason1

the Wanderer
Tunic Upgrades have been dead since Link's Awakening DX. That marks their last appearance, in which you could go through the Color Dungeon and pick Blue at the end to upgrade your defense. Now, they made a minor reappearance in TMC, where you could use the oracles'/deities' charms to change the tunic color to gain 2x Offense power (red), 2x Defensive power (blue), or 1.3x of both (purple, belonging to Farore. The others are obvious). But they definitely would be welcome. If they made Zelda a harder game (like back before OoT) then they would have to give you Tunic upgrades later on, which I feel would be very welcome.

There definitely have been tunic upgrades since LA (and TMC, which sounds exactly the same as LA except w/ purple too); in OoT and TP you can get blue and red tunics, they just do different things. Also, you can upgrade defense, magic, and attack through Great Fairies, so what's the point in a tunic to do that? Tunics serve a pretty good purpose now, I think, one which isn't nearly as easily allocated to another solution.

J4LcO.gif

Definitely blue. Pale blue, sure, but still blue.

His sword, though... now that's so white it almost disappears into the forum background.

Last edited:

VaatiWindMage24

Majoras Mask 3ds!!!!
actually Fig, theres one more white tunic in the zelda series, (well its kinda a white tunic),the fierce deity from majoras mask could be considered a white tunic as well minus the armor he wears. I also heard that there was originally going to be a wind temple in ocarina of time and also a light temple and ice temple, which makes my mind think: more tunics!!!!! I would think that the wind temple would have the white tunic, light have the yellow tunic, and ice have a light blue tunic. my bet is that they couldnt think of any more uses for the "white" tunic in ocarina of time because of the 1/2 damage hearts upgrades, so maybe they just gave up on it altogether?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom