• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majoras Mask Theory

MM was released in 2000. OoT was released in 1998. I'm sure that all of you that have played both of the games have beaten them. In that case, you were able to watch the ending. Now, something about the ending that I noticed was interesting. Right when Link returns to his original time (Child Timeline), you can see that Navi flies up to the window of the Temple of Time, never to be seen again. Also you can hear a clock in the background. Could these be hints that a new game is going to be released, both featuring clock, and a search for Navi the missing fairy. Both of those elements were featured in MM. Because those hints come at the very end of the game, I'm sure that they are clues to the next games plot. I bet by the time Nintendo finished OoT, and added the ending to it, they already started MM, or at LEAST had the idea for MM.

So what do you think? Coincidence, or was it really a hint of what is to come. Say your thoughts in the comments.
(If this idea is already confirmed, or on another thread, I apologize.)

Maybe...maybe.
Or they added the clock in for just an effect, then that gave them idea for clock town?
Or maybe its just a coincidence.
Who knows.

JerônimoLink

New Hyrule's Engineer
They probably had the idea for Majora's Mask, so the clock could be a reference, but I don't think that Navi leaving him is a reference, as his search for Navi was necessary for MM to happen.

They probably had the idea for Majora's Mask, so the clock could be a reference, but I don't think that Navi leaving him is a reference, as his search for Navi was necessary for MM to happen.

I know that, what i'm saying is that she leaves, the player can see her leaving out the window, and that way they know she is gone, which leads into MM like you said. In MM, Link is searching for Navi, She left through the window, implying that Link is going to search for her, the player would have to figure that out. I dont know if that makes sense, its hard to explain. :dry:

Zleda

Toon Deity
I literally just played the very ending not 30 seconds ago, and that noise is for sure bells. At least on the 3DS version, it may be different on N64

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Since this is less about theorizing about the lore of OoT and MM and more about Nintendo's plans on releasing the two games, this is going to be moved to Classic Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom