• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 8: Twilight Princess Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kybyrian

At least we still have a doctor. I haven't been reading this game at all. Just a tl;dr moment. Sorry bros. I'll read up in about an hour.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I can't speak for everyone, but I would have personally unvoted after seeing your matching wincon. Like I said before, not only does claiming vig make you a good target if you're telling the truth, but it's perhaps the easiest fake-claim that the Mafia can make in a Zelda-based game. There's always Link and he's always the vig, so if you were trying to draw out the real vig, or maybe the doc or cop as you could tell your mafia buddies to watch/track you or whatever you like, then that would be the perfect way to do it.
All that being said, I have no idea how you would have managed to get that wincon if you were Mafia this early on, so that is the real reason I unvoted, and it'd have been a lot easier without that ridiculous claim.
*Raise hand* I too would have believed it better if he had given the win con first I would have trusted that more... then the rushed name and role claim. It's... sounds too desperate and ignorant of a town to do, and Ark isn't a emotional newbie. Let alone on just three votes...

-----------------------------

Justeazy said:
I unvoted, and it'd have been a lot easier without that ridiculous claim.
Ridiculous? It's not exactly ridiculous. It's the honest truth, and it's the only thing that would make people see the truth.
Yeah... um trustfulness or not Justy has a point. It sounds very ridiculous to claim Link AND vig right off the bat like that, it sounds too perfect. Stating your wincon first before saying anything else sounds more real. No it wasn't and as you saw it had people doubt you more. :/

arkvoodle said:
Justeazy said:
perhaps the easiest fake-claim that the Mafia can make in a Zelda-based game. There's always Link and he's always the vig
Always? Not always. And I doubt it would be easy to perfectly match the wincon and otherwise that came from the PM.

Also, IGMEOY: Xinnamin, Erebea, Josh
Not always but it had been for most game or like roles. You are responding weird here... that Link is a good claim to fake and could have even been supplied by the mod (and give how you handle thing made it look worse). It's your wincon that's solid. HE in no way doubted your wincon... why are you bringing up here that it can't be faked? That wasn't in question...

arkvoodle said:
Keyshe said:
And if the claim really is true then he went about this all very badly. :/ Name and role claim right off with three vote like that is bad
I know it was bad, and I know how important the vig is, but people are very critical, and likely to doubt the wincon on its own. As i've said before, it's the only way to affirm my innocence. Also, 3 votes would soon turn into more. With the current trend on voodle suspicions, it would have grown very rapidly if I had not claimed.
... dude you really do sound scummy, if it wasn't for the wincon...

No it wasn't the only way. Not only that but you could have taken it slow with out giving all the info and only did as much as the situation called for. Such as defense that make sense, scum hunting/ acting like a town, vote still staking? wincon or name. Still not enough-- name or and role then. Funny how you are saying here that people would have doubted the wincon too much, when you've said yourself (^) that is the one thing that really can't be fake easily already. And oddly enough was the only info that made people really lift doubt.

Also... where is Go Dark Link? And I need Axle to post more if I am able to get any read on him :D

arkvoodle

Diabolical
@Keyshe

Well nothing's stopping you from voting on me, if your suspicions are really that high. But when you see that you were wrong, well, there's nothing I can say.

Kybyrian

Most people who make a completely believable claim post information about their night actions. arkvoodle cannot do this at the moment. Mafia are more likely to push themselves to make a huge claim that is believable to get out of the lynch. arkvoodle is probably townie.

As for my vote...

Unvote: Go_Dark_Link
Vote: Raindrop14

Using ridiculous tactics to try to either cause confusion or throw random suspicion around everywhere. Passes off as inexperience, but I think it's something a little more.

Nicole

luke is my wife
--Day 1 Vote Tally:--

Hero of Time: 2 (Viral Maze, Meego)
Go_Dark_Link: 2 (NorthApple, link to present)
Josh: 2 (Josh, Jediora )
Ninten*: 2 (Elfen, TreeHuggerPanda)
Raindrop14: 2 (Kybyrian, Erebea)

Yet to vote: Raindrop14, Djinn, Xinnamin, green goron, Axle the Beast, Ninten*, Austin, Keyshe, arkvoodle, Hero of Time, Komali, Hanyou, Danny, Hachi, Justeazy, Go_Dark_Link.

With 26 alive, 14 votes are needed for a majority lynch. Day ends September 1st. Not September 2nd. I miscounted.

Djinn

and Tonic
What's the quick topic? I feel like an idiot for asking.
I'm really not sure what to think of this, not after playing Mafia games here in the past. Every game I have been in had the game QT to chat with all other deceased players.

Ark claiming vig really threw me off, especially claiming the role and name in a short post before giving the wincon. It really seemed like another one of those "I'm too important to lose" kind of situations.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
The last line in the message is identical to what it said in my PM.

Identical eh? So maybe it said, "You win when all forces threatening the mafia group are eliminated."

Using ridiculous tactics to try to either cause confusion or throw random suspicion around everywhere. Passes off as inexperience, but I think it's something a little more.

I'm saying my suspicions because I'm investigating different people at different times. They aren't random. And I'm sorry if I confuse you.

Unvote

You just bandwagoning?

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Identical eh? So maybe it said, "You win when all forces threatening the mafia group are eliminated."
...wat

Are you questioning the wincon that Ark gave? Because that WAS the townie wincon, word for word. If you don't know that, you must not be town.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
...wat

Are you questioning the wincon that Ark gave? Because that WAS the townie wincon, word for word. If you don't know that, you must not be town.

No, I'm not. I'm not talking about Ark AT ALL. I'm talking about Komali. Komali said that the one Ark gave was identical. Now I JUST went back and re-read Komali's post and now I understand what he said. The word identical didn't click in my head when I read it. And now I take back what I said about Komali. I am sorry for any confusion.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Ark, in the future do not claim after you get 1 vote on you...
You may see it as 'I don't want to waste the town's time by having them vote for me' but Mafia votes too, and they often vote for townies believe it or not. If the votes pile on you, so be it. Time used for discussion IS NOT time wasted.

Erebea, what other Mafia games have you played? And have you also been impressionable in all of them?

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Danny, if you use that kind of logic, that's the same as saying 'spam helps the town'. Spam won't help the town, spam isn't discussion.

I would like to point out the fact that spam will help the thread to be seen, thus, giving it more of a chance to get an actual discussion going.

I am Link, the townie vigilante.

You're cleared in my book.

How is he a confirmed townie?

Hm... isn't the main character of Twilight Princess Link? I could of sworn it was Princess Zelda. Or maybe it was Midna... Or maybe Ganny?

It could be. Different mods do different things with the mafia games.

Yeah, Ark would totally claim the most important character in the game.

I'm 100% sure that he is Link now.

lol never be 100% on someone's role.

Unvote

Because you are ignoring too many important aspects of likelihood and you're too confusing and trying to throw us off. You played some mafia games already and gained some experience, so it's not inexperience.

Still catching up. Commenting on stuff that catches my eye.

Spamming = thread gets bumped
Bumping = activity
Activity = helping the town

You clearly do not want to help the town.
Wow, that's really black and white there bro. Meaningful activity helps the town. Activity with a constructive direction. What hurts the town is stagnation and hiding. Spam is another way of stagnating the thread, and also a way of hiding.

Come on, surely you can realize that you can hide or stop things in more ways that just the obvious, literal way?

I'm trying to be serious in a cloud of joke votes. It's better to examine people early than to target someone who hasn't even posted yet, as in this case;

Elfen has yet to post, and has yet to provide any evidence or otherwise that can be used. Green, is there any reason why you targeted Elfen specifically?
1. Town have a tendency to jump into the fray. Mafia only need to wait things out. Statistically speaking, if you vote for someone who's yet to post on Day 1, you're probably more likely to lynch a Mafia than a Townie. Regardless of the reason, inactivity is pro-Mafia.

2. You're trying to analyze a bunch of insane votes on Day 1?

Because it jumped out at me. The "Us" specifically. Follow any clue or scent and you'll get results. Innocent or guilty, they'll come out eventually.
Sometimes true, but never make the assumption that you'll ever be able to investigate someone long enough to confirm anything. No matter how certain you are, you can be wrong. There's no certainty in Mafia.

TElfen has yet to post. You don't get notifications when you're mentioned in threads. That shows the effectiveness of voting for people who have yet to post.
You're assuming that the only reason for not posting is because you haven't even checked the thread, which is a fatal mistake for the Town, and a smart illusion for the Mafia to plant. Either way, you're also forgetting about tallies. Bottom line is, it's completely valid to vote for someone who hasn't posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom