• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 7: Star Trek - Replacement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

But you called me here...
Zenox as been modkilled for editing and other offenses. And he doesn't get a death scene because he cheated, and cheaters don't deserve to be rewarded that way.

He was Commander Data, the Town Jack-of-all-trades.

The game may now continue.

Zenox, please don't participate in the thread after your death outside of a closing comment, as it defeats the point of being dead.

Kybyrian

THP has always been inactive in the past few games, but she's also been scum in the past few games. Saying inactivity is her meta doesn't change anything at this point.

Vote: TreeHuggerPanda

I'm also everyone name claim. It seems as though David's choices of who's who is pretty obvious as to whether or not they're a townie.
I love it how I have to constantly spell this out. Claims (of any kind) are good as supplementary evidence, not primary evidence. What is this fascination with entirely circumventing the basic nature of the game (analyzing behavior and reactions) and looking for something that isn't even a natural part of the process?

Better question, is where did we get the notion that it's effective? I can't believe how many times I've had to state this. In Castlevania Mafia, the Town died because of claims. There were more than two cases of completely bull**** claims that were believed. Ultimately, when taken seriously, claims become a distraction. When used as supplementary evidence to an already underway investigation, they can prove useful, but are NOT absolute. Furthermore, there's the problem of fakeclaims. In the presence of those, mass claiming accomplishes little for the Town, as the scum are obviously lying. Yet simultaneously, the scum have everything to gain, as the town reveal all their power roles.

tl;dr: What is wrong with you?

Furthermore, there's the problem of fakeclaims. In the presence of those, mass claiming accomplishes little for the Town, as the scum are obviously lying. Yet simultaneously, the scum have everything to gain, as the town reveal all their power roles.

I'm agreeing with this, even if we all did just claim our names, there is the strong chance that the Mafias/possible 3rd party would be able at the very least to narrow down the group of people that they believe to have power roles, thus allowing them to pick them off a lot easier in this game. Therefore I don't think that massclaiming is a very good idea at all and could be a very dangerous tactic to perform.

THP has always been inactive in the past few games, but she's also been scum in the past few games. Saying inactivity is her meta doesn't change anything at this point.

Vote: TreeHuggerPanda

Honestly, I didn't even realize she was in the last few games. She made hardly noticable posts at all, but you're right. I'm guessing that's her new scum meta now, so I agree.

UNVOTE
VOTE:
Treehuggerpanda

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I apologize for my inactivity. I promise to post more:kawaii:

For being gone one day too long.

Not my fault you people ended the day before I could post:(

Honestly, I didn't even realize she was in the last few games. She made hardly noticable posts at all, but you're right. I'm guessing that's her new scum meta now, so I agree.

That's because you either didn't care or I died too early.

I would like to make a comment on Kybyrian and on his effectiveness on his scum hunting. It's interesting that he's been targeting (from what I can recall) illmatic and Justeazy, who were both Romulans/scum. And Kyby, would you mind if you post a list of people you've roleblocked?

And now to read the 28 pages of the old thread ._.

Kybyrian

UNVOTE
VOTE:
Treehuggerpanda

Keep it up and you're getting a warning.

TreeHuggerPanda said:
I would like to make a comment on Kybyrian and on his effectiveness on his scum hunting. It's interesting that he's been targeting (from what I can recall) illmatic and Justeazy, who were both Romulans/scum.

I also hit a Klingon very first day. Someone's mentioned this before: why would I kill my whole team? lol inb4 traitor. Traitor is a stupid role that I never understood.

TreeHuggerPanda said:
And Kyby, would you mind if you post a list of people you've roleblocked?

jedizora, illmatic, jedizora. I missed the deadline for Night 3... but was planning on blocking jedizora lol.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Zenox, you're dead. Dead people can't vote. It's impossible by science, logic, most religions etc. (unless its a ghost. But there are no ghosts in Mafia)

THP is usually inactive in Mafia. I don't see why people are voting for her. But I haven't seen link to present post for a while. Maybe he did and I missed it. But it's hard for me to trace it.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Also, who said this was a third party? David would be an extremely bastard mod to make the odds 21-9~10, that would already give the mafia more than half, and would be an instant townie loss, because we'd be overpowered by the mafia. I'd say it's more likely that the borg /is/ the third party and SoL was the SK whatever.

Actually even if the mafia have as many people we need to remember that a mafia can only win when all the townies and opposing mafias have been elimated so all the mafias together(if there is 3 mafias) so in this game scum will scumhunt.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Green Goron said:
Actually even if the mafia have as many people we need to remember that a mafia can only win when all the townies and opposing mafias have been elimated so all the mafias together(if there is 3 mafias) so in this game scum will scumhunt.
Still, wouldn't that leave us town at a huge disadvantage? I have to agree, it would be too much to have 3 mafias. Anyways, THP doesn't seem very scumish to me, no one really does actually. I am beginning to believe I am too naive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom