• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Deku Tree in Skyward Sword?

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
Do you think we'll see the original Great Deku Tree (OOT) as a sprout? Or will we see a predesscor of the Deku Tree? Will we even see the Deku Tree at all?

This is highly likely considering the fact that SS is supposed to take place before OoT on the timeline. I personally think it would be phenomenal if, in the world below Skyloft, we saw some familiar geography relating to OoT, entering Kokiri Forest, to go visit the Deku Tree, etc. I believe that it would immerse the gamer in a pool of memories, and tie both the new games in with the older "classics" so to speak. However, there is a chance, that when Link travels to the lower world, they may avoid the forest altogether, thus, eliminating the need for a Deku Tree. After all, what purpose could the Deku Tree serve in SS? Is it simply a better idea to stray away from old landscapes?

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Well i dunno but im pretty skeptical about seeing any of the races we're so familiar with. I'll admit that I may be TOTALLY wrong in this aspect, but I don't know, I really don't feel it. I'd actually LOVE to see the Great Deku Tree with the engine we're seeing right now, and despite my earlier comment I'd love to see all the other races as well.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we at least get to see a strong reference or allusion to the Great Deku Tree.

We've seen in a demo video what is speculated to be Jabu-Jabu or his "grandfather ;)", who was referred to as a "servant of the Goddess(es?)". So that may loosely hint at the possible appearance of yet another "servant of the Goddess(es)", the Great Deku Tree. :)

Or...I could totally be wrong.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I really don't know. I do know we'll be seeing a lot of things, but I don't know if the Deku Tree will be one of them. My guess is no, as the Kokiri Forest is a forbidden place to outsiders. Link's mother only entered there because she felt she had no other option but to entrust her child to the Great Deku Tree.

I really don't know. I do know we'll be seeing a lot of things, but I don't know if the Deku Tree will be one of them. My guess is no, as the Kokiri Forest is a forbidden place to outsiders. Link's mother only entered there because she felt she had no other option but to entrust her child to the Great Deku Tree.

Oh yeah. But will the Kokiri Forest (as we know it in OoT) even exist during the time period of Skyward Sword? The Great Deku Tree of OoT may have met SS Link in the past, or Nintendo could retcon it to be the case. The conditions of how he could have met Link might also be retconned as a result, and that includes Link entering (pre-)Kokiri Forest some time in the past (during SS). ...but I'm aware that we're talking about Nintendo here...so yeah.

Pen

The game is on!
What if SS-Link planted the Deku Tree, that would make cense!

Link in Skyward Sword is wearing green clothes (just as every other Link).

normal_05.png

What if the Link in Skyward Sword actually planted the Deku Tree, which later grew up and created the Kokiris, who did wear the very same kind of clothes as the man who had planted the Great Deku Tree. And that's why the Link in Skyward Sword wears the green clothes!!

Kokiri_Kids.png

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
What if SS-Link planted the Deku Tree, that would make cense!

Link in Skyward Sword is wearing green clothes (just as every other Link).

What if the Link in Skyward Sword actually planted the Deku Tree, which later grew up and created the Kokiris, who did wear the very same kind of clothes as the man who had planted the Great Deku Tree. And that's why the Link in Skyward Sword wears the green clothes!!

Not a bad idea, and that could be the case, but it could also be simply that Nintendo designed them to wear green so that Link could still have green at the beginning of OoT.

Kylon

Deku scrub
Maybe not I think skyward sword won't have a full deku tree but I do think there culd be a slight chance of a deku sprout or the deku won't exist at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom