• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Guild Wars 3 *SIGN UP*

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Technically, I’m still the one who /owns/ the rights to mod for Guild Wars since I really don’t know where Atsuma is and there already has been, what? Like four failed attempts to revive this game back? Oh well, I’ll just take my right place as mod since I have a sudden urge to revive GWs…

I’m going to twist the game around to make sure it makes sense and to import unique Mafia roles to the game. And before I forget, the theme is…drum roll please! (*drumrolls*) Super Smash Brothers Brawl! With that being said, I am looking for 24-30 players. If the game is too small, then I can just omit some regular townies, so just like Mafia 6, there will be no regular townies.

Guild Wars is basically similar to the Mafia game. How so? In several ways, but GW has other twists and special abilities that will help all three teams achieve their goal more easily and not simply rely on mere confusion and voting. I'd read the whole thing if I were you, there is much to know, and it's basically easy to understand. Just go on and read.

How to Play:

The game will have day periods, just like Mafia. Depending on how many people sign up for it, the day periods will vary. Also, game days will become shorter as players are eliminated and few are left standing. All players who sign up for it are considered to be villagers. The object/purpose of the game is survival for all three factions. The Large Village is home not only to villagers (townies) but also to two tough guilds that are fighting for power and control of the village. The two guilds have members who will fight to eliminate the other guild and become the sole power in the village. As to the villagers, they fight to rid the village of guild members, who only have brought trouble, suffering and unwanted death to the village itself.

How the Game can be won or how it can come to an end.
--The game ends when one guild successfully eliminates all members from the opposing guild. The victorious guild will be declared the winners of the game.
--The game ends when the villagers wipe out the two guilds. Villagers become known as the winners when this happens.
--The game can also end if the third party stands triumphant over the villagers AND guilds.

Other Important Information to know about the game:

--Every time a guild member dies, he/she will be carrying a clue (A letter found within a guild member's fellow name) That clue will be very important to all factions. Why? Read on. I will use myself and Atsuma as an example.

Let us say that Atsuma was the guild member that was lynched. The letter found within his corpse was a "U" which points out to guild member me, TreeHuggerPanda. Do you see the "U" within my name? It doesn't tell much, really, because there will be many other names that have U's, but it points to a fellow guild member in a way, thus being a small clue. This can either be helpful to the Villagers if they want to rid the village quickly of guild members, or harmful as well and can cause confusion amongst them, causing them to kill each other by mistake. As to the guilds, they will become suspicious of people who have a U in their name, which will make them assume they've found an opposing guild member.

--When an innocent Villager dies, both guilds will receive $200 in money. Money can only be used by the Village Leader and Guild Leaders. When either of the three factions accumulate a total of $1000, they can either hire a Mercenary, (who works independently) who will kill any member the Village Leader or Guild Leaders desire to be rid of.

Villagers make money by lynching Guild members successfully. For each kill, the villagers get $200 as well, money that can be used to hire the mercenary or appoint a private investigator, whose role is to find Killers.

--IMPORTANT: When a guild loses one of its members, the other guild will have the right to recruit someone from the Villagers, thus the guild becomes stronger and the other guild becomes weaker, which will add pressure to their survival as the games goes on.

--If a guild leader/village leader dies, the game does not end. The guild will restructure their ranks and will choose another leader, as to the village leader, I will appoint a new one myself.

The Unique Roles of the game:

Roles will be randomly appointed by the Game Master, you don't get to choose a role, you are assigned one to begin with, then as the game goes on, you might be recruited by a guild or made an officer, etc. Also, these are the UNIQUE roles to the game, so these are not ALL the roles to the game.

Game Mod: That's me. I will handle the game and post to update, modkill anyone who edits a post, do the killing for the person that's been accused, etc. Any questions you might have about the game that you don't understand, you contact me, via PM.

Co-mod: Who will be the co-mod? I don’t know, but if you’re interested in helping me take tallies of votes or posting separation posts to separate the lynch and nightkill posts, please PM me. You MUST have a big commitment to the co-modding the game because it will be a huge embarrassment for me to replace a co-mod. I also would like for my co-mod to at least played two of the regular mafia games OR one of the /successful/ Guild Wars games and I prefer my co-mod to have a Skype account (Yes! I do plan on going to Skype for once!).

Guild Leader: Leader of the guild. He/She will handle all decisions when it comes to his/her guild. These are as follows:

--Is able to use the money to hire a Mercenary.
--Has the ability to name his/her guild before the game starts. (be considerate when choosing a name)

Village Leader: He/She is the voice of the villagers, though pretty much his/her role is kept secret. He/She is able to use the money the villagers accumulate in order to hire a Mercenary or make a random villager (of my choosing) a Private Investigator.

Assassin: Is top ranked in the guild just below the leader and well respected. He/she can kill anyone at the end of the day. His/her job is to try to pick off those that he/she thinks is an opposing guild member. An Assassin is most likely to supplant a dead leader, should the leader die.

Mercenary: Works independently and in secret and can be hired to rid the village of anyone. Once his contract is made, I will pm the person with the hitman role and he/she will then pick someone at random to kill. Should he/she die early in the game, I will assign a new hitman at random from the Villagers to keep the money system going.
Note: This role will be fulfilled by me, using the random.org method

Private Investigator: His/Her role is like that of a detective, working undercover for the Village Leader. The officer has the ability to pm me a person's name at the end of the day. If that person's name belongs to a Serial Killer, the Serial Killer dies. In case the Officer is able to successfully bring the SK's to justice, he simply wins and acts like a villager for the rest of the game.

Killer: Is pretty much independent and likes killing for fun. At the end of the day, he/she has the ability to pm me a name of a person he/she wishes to kill.

Healer: Is in the village to serve everyone. He/she will pm me at the end of the day two names. If those names belong to any member who is chosen by the Killer(s), then that person is saved. Note: Assassin kills cannot be undone by the doctor's pmed names, an assassin always will kill their target efficiently.

Guild Member: A low ranked member belonging to one of the guilds. He/she acts like a normal villager.

Villager: Is innocent but also is trying to help clean the village of guild scum. Can be recruited by a guild once an opposing guild loses one of its members. When this happens, I will pm the Villager and let him/her know that he/she's been recruited and will show a list of the guild and its members. Carries around $400 in money, which is split between the two Guilds when the villager dies.

Alright, to vote for a lynch, or for a member to die, use the same Mafia term:

Post who you want to vote for in the format:
VOTE: PLAYER X
If you wish to unvote at anytime, do so by:
UNVOTE: PLAYER X

You may vote and unvote at ANY TIME during the DAY period. Only during the Day, remember that. Once a majority vote is reach, that player will be lynched NO MATTER WHAT. So if a majority is reached and you decide to unvote for that person, its too late. PLAYER X will be lynched and his identity, Villager or Guild Member, etc. will be revealed. A player will also be lynched at the end of the day period that constitutes the Day time based on whoever has the most votes, if a majority is not reached.

Once the Day period (after the lynching) is over it becomes the Night. Night won't last long, a couple days, at most. During the Night there will be NO ACTIVE DISCUSSIONS. Everyone goes to 'sleep'. This is when the special role players do their thing of killing, saving, etc.

Day will come again, and the identity of any dead persons will be revealed.

Rules:

- DO NOT PM EACH OTHER ABOUT YOUR ROLES. Mystery and assumptions are the point of this game, so if all the villagers band together through PMs you will ruin this game. Play with integrity. Lying is fine though. Guild members may lie that they are Villagers. Deception is a major aspect of this game. Guild members may PM each other, of course.

- DO NOT POST INFORMATION FROM OUTSIDE THE GAME. This means any information, revealing or otherwise, that comes from screenshots of the active user list, IM conversations, or anything. If you post such information, you will be Modkilled.

- You may only post in the Day period.

- Vote and unvote in the format: VOTE: PLAYER X; UNVOTE: PLAYER X

- DO NOT REVEAL ANY INFORMATION AFTER YOU HAVE DIED. If you are a Guild Member and you die, do not reveal to anyone who else is a guild member because that information may end up in the hands of the villagers.

- IF YOU ARE INACTIVE YOU WILL BE MODKILLED. If you do not post at least one time per "day", you WILL be modkilled by me, if I decide to do so.

-YOU MAY NAMECLAIM AND ROLECLAIM That’s the whole point of a theme, right?

- DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. I hope I don't have to repeat it again. This is a cardinal rule. Editing your posts is a no no. If you have something more to say, or need to edit a section of your post then MAKE ANOTHER POST saying what you need to say. If you are caught editing, you will be Modkilled.

Credits:

Most of the Credit for this game goes to Viral Maze and Axle for posting it here, etc. And part belongs to Atsuma since he came up with the ranks, the upgrading/rank system, money system, clue system, recruiting system, etc.

And an extremely small part goes to me for serving as your mod again :3

Signing up:

Like Beginner's Mafia, I'm going to make sure you read the rules, so in order to sign up, you must say you're in (of course) AND rephrase one rule in your own words. It's open book, of course! (Why would I even post the rules in the same thread if I didn't want this to be open book anyway?)

Game Mod: TreeHuggerPanda
Co-mod: TBA

Players:
1. Jedizora
2. Go_Dark_Link
3. Soldier of Link
4. Elfen
5. Illmatic
6. Kokirion
7. Hero of Time
8. ComposerBrother
9. Goron Link
10. Dracomajora
11. pokemonclub
12. bluelink
13. zelda_8
14. Luigidude64
15. Mr. Verto

Last edited:

Jedizora

:right:
Post, or modkilled. Wasn't there already a sign up, by green goron a while ago? But I'm still in.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
/in

Don't be inactive, it ruins the game, dont copy/paste anything from the PM or you get modkilled(exp) *cough* And also have fun ;D(does that count)

/in, I'm always up for mafia-type games

Don't click the edit button. (I broke the rule :( )

Last edited:

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I'll sign up ;) At the moment I'm now extremely busy with all essays (I have to finish all my essays in a few days... D: and if I say all my essays I mean that I seriously have to make a lot -.-), but I think that when the game starts I don't have any homework (school is almost over) left, so I'll have time (I hope :rolleyes:) to play

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Don't click the edit button. (I broke the rule :( )

Modkiiiiill! Modkiiiiill!! =D

Nah, you're fine. But once the game starts, it's fair game;)

I'll sign up ;) At the moment I'm now extremely busy with all essays (I have to finish all my essays in a few days... D: and if I say all my essays I mean that I seriously have to make a lot -.-), but I think that when the game starts I don't have any homework (school is almost over) left, so I'll have time (I hope :rolleyes:) to play

I was hoping to start later this week or early next, but it all depends when I can get role PMs done and how much/when we get enough people. And you have to rephrase a rule;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom