• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anime!

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I could not agree more. 4Kids f**king destroyed One Piece and all it's glory. I'm surprised Eiichiro Oda didn't suit their a$$es for ruinig his show. If I were you, I'd look for English dubbed episodes by FUNimation. They're very trustworthy in that regard, so I doubt you be disappointed with theirs. It was dubbed the way One Piece was supposed to be.

I watched a couple episodes of the FUNimation dub, and it's decent. Luffy's voice is kinda bleh, and Usopp's the same, but others like Nami and Chopper have amazing voices. FUNimation's good if you HAVE to watch the dub, but the sub is more my style.

Eh, I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure that Oda couldn't sue them for going overboard with the censorship and stuff.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I just loooooove anime. I watch it all the time. I first got into it by watching Dragonball Z, Zatch Bell, Pokemon, Digimon, and Yu-Gi-Oh, but of course I was young and didn't know what anime was. Now I know many, many anime and I watch quite a few different genres.

I have three favourite anime at the time. One would be FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I loved the story, the characters, the music... It was just amazing. I also love Lucky Star. It's so kawaii, and it constantly made me laugh. Hehe. x3 My last favourite was just added to my favourites a few days ago. I just finished Angel Beats!, and it's defiantly the saddest anime I've ever watched. I cried my eyes out. I loved it so much...

I've also watched many other anime like Air, D-Gray-man, and Vampire Knight. I've enjoyed almost all of the anime I've watched recently. I guess the only ones I really hated would be Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu and FullMetal Alchemist (the first anime...like I said, I loved Brotherhood).

I'm also currently watching three anime right now, too. Fairy Tail, Soul Eater, and Ouran High School Host Club. I love them all. x3

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I am not a huge anime fan, though I have watched Ouran High School Host Club and Fruits Basket with my anime obsessed best friend. (Seriously, she's, like, really obsessed... >_>)

But I have to say, Ouran High School Host Club and Fruits Basket is pretty good. I pretty much laughed when I noticed the similarities of Honey and Momiji's voice in the Japanese version. I've also watched Pokemon quite a bit when I was little. And the rest of the anime shows I watched when I was little, I pretty much forget xD

Yeah... that's pretty much it... >_>

I asked my friend what good anime's that she has seen lately, and she recomended, Elfen Lied (Which means "Elf Song" in German, which I find ironic. :lol: ) and Hellsing.

I watched Elfen Lied on Netflix, and I simply loved the series, it did make me cry here and there, and despite that there was nudity in almost every episode, which I did not care for, it had a good story line and I love love loved it. =]

I'm still watching Hellsing, but I like it so far. Violence is the answer sometimes. :P

linkman8

True and Noble
I asked my friend what good anime's that she has seen lately, and she recomended, Elfen Lied (Which means "Elf Song" in German, which I find ironic. :lol: ) and Hellsing.
Yeah, I was just going to say be careful of Elfen Lied. Lots of nudity and violence. But of course you already know that. :D

Anyone else here vote in the International Saimoe League tournament?

I don't really enjoy anime. I've only ever liked the first 3 seasons of Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragon Ball Z, Zatch Bell, and the first 5 seasons of Pokemon. For the most part, I love the stylized action. Ripped shirts, flying aliens with super ripped muscles, robots that suck out other people's life forced, using magical cards to win money and ancient relics, training wild animals with superpowers to gamble, finding alien species that use arcane magic to fight each other for the rule of their own world, and so on. They're ridiculous, interesting, and filled with the coolest fights in any show ever. Most other animes tend to be very... odd. I dunno, One Piece didn't really use pirates the way I like, Death Note seems to have a suspense that I don't want to buy into, and Hetalia invented a concept that just doesn't seem to be used correctly. I don't hate them, it's just that I don't see the compelling factors to them.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I watched Higurashi, it's amazing. Another one of my absolute favorites is Umineko no naku koro ni. From the same people who made Higurashi. Tokyo Mew Mew in sub is a really cute anime. Lately I cannot find any I like sadly. I have been trying to watch pokemon but I'm like, meh. I'm watching something called Twelve Kingdoms, but it doesn't do it anymore.

I recently finished Hellsing. Not that bad of an Anime. I quite enjoyed it. Even though I don't like Vampire anime's thatmuch, this one is alright. (Trinity Blood is just amazing. <3)

Now I might watch... To Love Ru. Has anyone seen it before? Is it any good? Anything I should watch about while watching it?

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
I've seen Hellsing but have you seen Hellsing Ultimate? (It is quite different, Nazi vampires away!) and I have seen To Love Ru (It is weird but funny) I haven't read the manga of To Love Ru but it has a few more characters in it and probably more to the storyline.

Anyone here seen 'Toradora!'?

I've seen Hellsing but have you seen Hellsing Ultimate? (It is quite different, Nazi vampires away!) and I have seen To Love Ru (It is weird but funny) I haven't read the manga of To Love Ru but it has a few more characters in it and probably more to the storyline.

Yeah I seen that too. It was a lot longer. o.o
Really, I'm not a huge fan of weird, I'll give this show a shot later on tonight.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
The gun of Hellsing is just sweet. Its more epic then the gun of Trigun.
Casull_Profile.jpg

I'm watching Fairy Tail right now. The main character has pink hair...so i was like WTF?
But still i gave it a chance just because they are the same makers of Rave Master.

And Fairy Tail is one awsome anime...AYE!!!

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I hadn't watched anime in a long time, but I'm currently playing Tales of Symphonia, which inspired an anime - or more specifically, an OVA. There are seven episodes out now (out of, I think, twelve total.) I was unsure about watching it at first (and waited until I was far enough into the story that I wouldn't overly spoil myself) but I was pleasantly surprised by it. There were a couple plot points that felt a little awkward, but overall I thought they did a good job condensing the story. The makers were also very liberal about changing elements of the plot around to fit the medium better. Personally, I felt this was one case that worked well. It was different enough that it didn't feel like a direct copy of the game, it had enough action to keep things interesting, but the spirit of the characters and of the game was still there. Despite the fact that I know what comes after the current cliffhanger, I was still disappointed that the next episode isn't out yet.

There's also a manga I looked at, but follows the game more directly. Both anime and manga had to cut a few plot points, though. But I found it a neat experience to be able to experience the story in all three mediums. None gave me the feeling that, "Oh, I've seen the anime, so why bother playing the game?" or "I've played the game, why read the manga?" Each contributes something on its own.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
What Anime Are You Watching?

If you dont know i love anime...soooo much..... Just wanted to know what you guys are watching in the old anime department. Currently im finsing Trinity Blood and starting Samurai Champloo. No major complaints on ethier of them. Well, what are you watching?:)

As of right now I'm just rewatching Fruits Basket for the heck of it, even though I liked the manga better. I can't think of any animes that I haven't seen before that I'd like to watch at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom