• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ExLight's Custom Role Mafia - ENDGAME [TOWN WINS]

It was obvious that they weren’t viewing Dawn in good light though. Why ask a pointless question instead of one that can get me more information? It’s like 20 questions. You want to ask stuff that covers a good amount, and yet at the same time answers several things at once.
I know this isn't directed at me, but could you try rephrasing this? I'm not understanding what you're saying here.

I do not think I understand what PK is saying 100 percent about the mischaracterisation and the dishonesty (i get dizzy thinking about it) - how I understand it is that PK thinks Mint Elv is not putting in the effort to understand the character so it is unfair (dishonest) to say what Mint Elv said, but not putting the effort doesn’t mean you are Mafia. He also seems very reserved about how he handles his reads and who to vote/attack so this approach is consistent with what he says about Laurentus and Storm now.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Votecount 1.11.

Storm
(3) - Ragnarokio, SoulAdvent, DawningWinds
ExLight (2) - Storm, Seanzie
Mint Elv (1) - Paranoid King
Not voting (7) - Laurentus, KoD, 15377, EchoLight, Mint Elv, Jinjo, Minish

Phase shortening (1) - Storm
Add Hammer Rules (3) - Seanzie, Ragnarokio, Storm

Phase ends on April 23rd, at 9:00:00 PM (GMT-3).
DEADLINE COUNTDOWN

14m UNTIL DEADLINE

13 minutes until it ends and only like half the people are here. :c

RL games have people present at least :M

It was obvious that they weren’t viewing Dawn in good light though. Why ask a pointless question instead of one that can get me more information? It’s like 20 questions. You want to ask stuff that covers a good amount, and yet at the same time answers several things at once.
Maybe. I prefer to ask specific questions that reflect the questionee's position as accurately as possible. You seem to prefer to ask more general questions that might mischaracterize their position.

What do you mean? I agree with dawning. This sounds like you’re contradicting yourself. If I’m attempting to be dishonest then how is it subconscious? Wouldn’t that have to be done consciously?
I mean to say that there's a difference between a question being deliberately twisted in order to mischaracterize someone else and a question that does not represent what you're really thinking. I feel that the point of the questions was not to mischaracterize people. Any mischaracterization was done unintentionally or subconsciously.

But the questions still feel dishonest because they direct attention away from yourself by forcing people to restate their position, which makes them talk more about their position, which makes them more suspicious. Kinda like what I'm doing now.

How is a misdirect? I point blank asked you why you suspect who you suspect. You have your answer for me, but not the others. And I don’t see how yo have mafia reads that were straight up arguing in thread but can’t answer if you see them possibly as a mafia team. Obviously you don’t have to be positive about how you think is the mafia team, but putting people in a scum read list without explanation and without imagining them as possibly working together seems way too strange.
Your entire post was defending yourself. Minish's entire post was asking me what I thought about you. So that was what I responded to. I didn't elaborate on why I put everyone else where they were because they aren't strong reads and it was irrelevant to explaining what I thought about you.

How so? What does that mean? This isn’t my home site so I don’t know the meta here and what’s considered normal or not so I plan on asking questions to identify stuff like that.

such as, it common for players here to be so vague because you and seanze have been horrible about answering.
Maybe your questions haven't been specific enough. (See the first sentence of my response.) Rather than "What are your thoughts on everyone else in the game," try asking who my next most suspicious person is. I'll answer that one.

Mint Elv

Fish!
I know this isn't directed at me, but could you try rephrasing this? I'm not understanding what you're saying here.

I prefer to ask questions that can pertain to multiple people, rather than simple yes or no one’s that give barely any information. I want to get as much information as possible from my questions without having to ask a bunch.

Not sure I’m explaining well though.

But the questions still feel dishonest because they direct attention away from yourself by forcing people to restate their position, which makes them talk more about their position, which makes them more suspicious. Kinda like what I'm doing now.
Reexplaining things so other people can understand isn't really suspicious? If one person's not understanding there's the possibility that more people could be confused, so clarifying for the confused party is a good thing I'd think?
And that doesn't seem like it draws attention from her, if anything, it draws it to the party forcing the position to be repeated, i.e., Mint, as your demonstrating right now.

I don't like my time crunch, the countdown timer is still showing 2.5 hours for me so I wasn't as on top of this as I should have been after work. So let's quick role some stuff and then I'll try to catch EoD after if I still have time.
This is a good if limited understanding of my meta. I am not post restricted. I am slow to enter new communities, though. Who do I know you as, by the by?

Noname/JayDreven. The SK victor/host of pinky promise.

Noted about Laurentus! They finally posted now too lol. I got my eye on them still ; )))))

You are correct that even if DW is lynched, he can still win, but while he is alive, say he is town, nothing stops him from siding with the mafia as all that matters in the game is to… win :u. I would likely think of scum siding too or just at best being very neutral if I don’t have to do anything while my bags increase and my victory is guaranteed.

I meant that with DW removed whoever has the most money at that point then becomes a potential "sides with wolves" threat. Its a thing we can't do away with so we shouldn't hinge lynches on that basis.

The flavourcop he bought? He didn't say exactly how he intended to do so considering how roles might be but its pretty clear if he's to be taken seriously the flavourcop is the thing he planned to use to do so.

That is what I mean. We have no stated means. We have an indication that he intends to use the flavorcop as part of it. But nothing more solid than guess work.

Okay, sometimes when we are blocked in what we should do around the middle of the game, we do an exercise together where we ask others to just say out loud the top 2 or 3 people they have a strange feeling about when thinking while looking at the others ;). It can work in trying to find if someone is being real or making it up.

I'm kinda with Rag in not having much investment in the lynch right now. I don't feel like we've really gotten rolling. Mostly I've been subtracting names from the possible pool rather than looking for the scummiest one. But I'll give this a go as best I can.

PK for his preoccupation with items. Echo for their preoccupation with PK's preoccupation.

I recognize that Echo might just be pinging on this because of being green. So I'll

Vote: PK

For my elimination's just to have some thoughts out. Seanzie feels like last game (the hider one I forget the name) so I'm town reading that slot. Rag feels like town!rag and is right on KoD except KoD has been this half absent ghost thing for a few games now because he's preoccupied with champs so I'm not ready to say this isn't town KoD yet. I spent time on the KoD flavor thing today because I was reading into DW with it. Currently feel similar carry over like seanzie and am willing to say that I don't think they are paired with KoD at any point at the very least. Could see DW actually being 3p though.

TIme is close so I'm just gonna post here.

Maybe your questions haven't been specific enough. (See the first sentence of my response.) Rather than "What are your thoughts on everyone else in the game," try asking who my next most suspicious person is. I'll answer that one.
...what?
"I will say who my next scumread is only if asked." It's perfectly possible to answer the more general questions with the thoughts you have that you feel are relevant. "What are your thoughts on other players?" can be responded to with something like "My townreads are a, b, c, and d, because x. My other scumreads are e and f, with e being scummier than f because x. I don't have anything to share on everyone else." Or you can share that without being asked. You don't have to wait for someone ask you for exactly one read.

Reexplaining things so other people can understand isn't really suspicious? If one person's not understanding there's the possibility that more people could be confused, so clarifying for the confused party is a good thing I'd think?
And that doesn't seem like it draws attention from her, if anything, it draws it to the party forcing the position to be repeated, i.e., Mint, as your demonstrating right now.
That's fair. I might just be reading too much into things.

I'll swap my vote from Mint to Storm to stop any vote shenanigans that might get Ex lynched on the first day.
Unvote: Mint
Vote Storm

Mint Elv

Fish!
Maybe. I prefer to ask specific questions that reflect the questionee's position as accurately as possible. You seem to prefer to ask more general questions that might mischaracterize their position.
So you understand that we prefer different questions yet you are ironically mischarecterizing me by saying my choices are meant to mischarecterize. Also your kinds can do the same thing.
mean to say that there's a difference between a question being deliberately twisted in order to mischaracterize someone else and a question that does not represent what you're really thinking. I feel that the point of the questions was not to mischaracterize people. Any mischaracterization was done unintentionally or subconsciously.
If it’s unintentional then how is that scummy? And how do you know what I am and am not thinking. For example I legitmely was curious if KoD was just going to scumread everyone that disagreed with them. I’ve seen people do that.
Is this your first mafia? Town, mafia, indep. No one wants attention on themselves
Your entire post was defending yourself. Minish's entire post was asking me what I thought about you. So that was what I responded to. I didn't elaborate on why I put everyone else where they were because they aren't strong reads and it was irrelevant to explaining what I thought about you.

My post was partially defense sure but also pushing for more discussion from you.
How can I get more direct than why do you scumread your scumread? Seriously?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom