• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda's Unbroken Bloodline Is ABSURD

Reincarnation doesn't mean those people are literally the person they've been reincarnated as. The people still have their own individuality and make their own decisions. For example, Link in Ocarina of Time isn't literally Link from Skyward Sword, Zelda in OoT isn't literally Hylia, and Ganondorf in OoT isn't literally Demise.

I always thought of reincarnation as inheriting the powers and potential of someone from the past. These things are simply innate, though they may require some work to unlock. I suppose memories can be unlocked as well, but personality is not transferred over.

Anyway, as I said in my other post, I do think in Zelda's case reincarnation is in play, just like it is for Link and Ganon. So Link nor Zelda are under some obligation to need have children, because the driving forces at play in the series will always simply reincarnate regardless, so long as people exist in the world.

Also I'll go ahead and point out that if the bloodline thing was legit I once pointed out that it could be fatal because all someone would need to do is wipe out that particular bloodline, probably tipping the scales in Ganon's favor tremendously. It can't be that easy, which is why reincarnation has to be in play.

I agree with the general point of this post, but I want to point something out:

Demise is not actually Ganondorf's reincarnation.

Now, I understand why English speaking players widely believe this; the NoA localization mentions the whole thing about, ''an incarnation of my hatred'' and ''I will rise again''. This does not exist in the original Japanese, however. Instead, Demise says that those belonging to the demon tribe will forever follow the spirit of the hero and blood of the goddess. This includes not only Ganondorf, but also Vaati, Malladus, etc.

Here's both versions of the speech for reference.

English localization:

Though this is not the end. My hate... never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again! Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!"

Original:

But remember...this is not over… 我の憎悪は... 魔族の呪いは... 悠久の時の果てまで輪廻を描く... My hatred... The curse of the Demon Tribe... It shall go on continuously reincarnating across the flow of time… 忘れな! 繰り返すのだ!! Never forget this! This will happen again! お前達は女神の血と勇者の魂を持つ者共は永久にこの呪縛から逃れられぬ! You... You who possess the blood of the Goddess and the soul of hero shall...forever be unable to escape from this curse! この憎悪と怨念が... その権化が貴様らと共に 血塗られた闇の海を永遠にもがき彷徨い続けるのだ!! This hatred and grudge...its incarnations shall go on strugglingly wandering along with you lowlifes within a "Dark Sea" stained with your blood, forever!

Also, his spirit erodes away in the MS, and he was Triforce'd to death in the present, pretty much driving the home the fact that everything about Demise himself specifically(albeit not the demon tribe) is gone for good, meaning that he can't reincarnate as anyone else.

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I agree with the general point of this post, but I want to point something out:

Demise is not actually Ganondorf's reincarnation.

Now, I understand why English speaking players widely believe this; the NoA localization mentions the whole thing about, ''an incarnation of my hatred'' and ''I will rise again''. This does not exist in the original Japanese, however. Instead, Demise says that those belonging to the demon tribe will forever follow the spirit of the hero and blood of the goddess. This includes not only Ganondorf, but also Vaati, Malladus, etc.

Here's both versions of the speech for reference.

English localization:

Though this is not the end. My hate... never perishes. It is born anew in a cycle with no end! I will rise again! Those like you... Those who share the blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero... They are eternally bound to this curse. An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!"

Original:

But remember...this is not over… 我の憎悪は... 魔族の呪いは... 悠久の時の果てまで輪廻を描く... My hatred... The curse of the Demon Tribe... It shall go on continuously reincarnating across the flow of time… 忘れな! 繰り返すのだ!! Never forget this! This will happen again! お前達は女神の血と勇者の魂を持つ者共は永久にこの呪縛から逃れられぬ! You... You who possess the blood of the Goddess and the soul of hero shall...forever be unable to escape from this curse! この憎悪と怨念が... その権化が貴様らと共に 血塗られた闇の海を永遠にもがき彷徨い続けるのだ!! This hatred and grudge...its incarnations shall go on strugglingly wandering along with you lowlifes within a "Dark Sea" stained with your blood, forever!

Also, his spirit erodes away in the MS, and he was Triforce'd to death in the present, pretty much driving the home the fact that everything about Demise himself specifically(albeit not the demon tribe) is gone for good, meaning that he can't reincarnate as anyone else.
I'm fully aware, I wrote at length about this very thing in a blog once. It's not as refined as I would like it to be, so one day I want to re-write it:

I've been saying for years that the hate curse isn't something Demise just created on the spot before he died. The Japanese translation seems to imply that this is a cycle that has been in place long before Demise. So Ganondorf isn't really Demise reincarnated, but just a force of hatred reincarnated that always has been reincarnating. Perhaps that is what Malice is, the actual name given to this natural force?

I've been saying for years that the hate curse isn't something Demise just created on the spot before he died. The Japanese translation seems to imply that this is a cycle that has been in place long before Demise. So Ganondorf isn't really Demise reincarnated, but just a force of hatred reincarnated that always has been reincarnating. Perhaps that is what Malice is, the actual name given to this natural force?

More akin to the film, The Grudge? Even though the familiar elements have roots in the story we see, the gruge, or onnen, started much further back.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'm fully aware, I wrote at length about this very thing in a blog once. It's not as refined as I would like it to be, so one day I want to re-write it:

This is something I have theorized on and studied before, something I will discuss more in depth tomorrow when it isn't time for me to go to bed. But basically yes, I agree. Demise never says he will reincarnated, but rather his hatred, or malice. We see multiple references throughout the hyrule historia to Ganondorf using "his hatred towards link and zelda" to break seals and corrupting organic and inorganic things with his malice. We see it quite literally in botw, with the malice of this curse spilling into hyrule as literal goo and possessing even more machines. Calamity ganon is described as being a creature made from Ganondorf no longer being able to contain the malice, this curse, within itself. I can pull citations for all of these (it's been a pet theory of mine) but basically the curse is reincarnating, and its growing in power. It takes different hosts, but still embodies the same hatred demise held towards the goddess and her subjects.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
This is something I have theorized on and studied before, something I will discuss more in depth tomorrow when it isn't time for me to go to bed. But basically yes, I agree. Demise never says he will reincarnated, but rather his hatred, or malice. We see multiple references throughout the hyrule historia to Ganondorf using "his hatred towards link and zelda" to break seals and corrupting organic and inorganic things with his malice. We see it quite literally in botw, with the malice of this curse spilling into hyrule as literal goo and possessing even more machines. Calamity ganon is described as being a creature made from Ganondorf no longer being able to contain the malice, this curse, within itself. I can pull citations for all of these (it's been a pet theory of mine) but basically the curse is reincarnating, and its growing in power. It takes different hosts, but still embodies the same hatred demise held towards the goddess and her subjects.
My BotW 2 theory posits that the curse could pass on from Ganondorf soon. I also feel that Calamity Ganon is akin to The Imprisoned for Demise. It's an abomination that formed in place of the lack of a body. I think this could mean Ganondorf is at the end of his rope.

My BotW 2 theory posits that the curse could pass on from Ganondorf soon. I also feel that Calamity Ganon is akin to The Imprisoned for Demise. It's an abomination that formed in place of the lack of a body. I think this could mean Ganondorf is at the end of his rope.

I don't think they'll kill off Ganon for good on the DT. His constant returns are a big part of that branch from a thematic perspective, and they already did so on the AT.

But yeah, that makes sense, and becoming Calamity Ganon is probably the only way Ganon could free himself, as his body is sealed underneath HC, and he seemed to have a plan to build a new body for himself, but for some reason(probably due to his lack of wits at this point, as per the rest of the DT from the Oracles on)we can see that his body was shoddy, with it being a peculiar mishmash of his original Gerudo form and a mechanical arachnid or something.

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I don't think they'll kill off Ganon for good on the DT. His constant returns are a big part of that branch from a thematic perspective, and they already did so on the AT.

But yeah, that makes sense, and becoming Calamity Ganon is probably the only way Ganon could free himself, as his body is sealed underneath HC, and he seemed to have a plan to build a new body for himself, but for some reason(probably due to his lack of wits at this point, as per the rest of the DT from the Oracles on)we can see that his body was shoddy, with it being a peculiar mishmash of his original Gerudo form and a mechanical arachnid or something.
I agree that Nintendo wouldn't straight up kill him, per say. It could be that beyond that point what we know of as Calamity Ganon is Ganon in name only. The final battle in Botw is described by Ninty as “When Link gains the upper hand in battle, it loses its tenuous (weak or unconvincing) control of the pure malice within and transforms into a rampaging beast” made of “hatred and malice incarnate” (Creating a Champion). By this point Ganondorf can't even control the malice inside of him, he's more of an Imprisoned-style hate monster than an actual sentient being. By the time we reach Botw 2 this stuff is literally erupting from the ground, and that ties back to what SMS said-
Dudes is literally a corpse, barely hanging onto his final threads of life. Almost as though he's a completely separate entity from what we see attacking Hyrule Castle and possessing Guardians. That's another interesting tidbit about malice by the way, according to the Zelda Encyclopedia “Beyond those who willingly serve evil are those corrupted by it. These may be animals or plants, or even inorganic objects manipulated in some way by darkness.” Early examples of this may be things like the Koloktos, with Ghirahim tapping into Demise's power to awaken it. With something so early on in the series we can safely say it has nothing to do a specific power of Ganondorf, but rather a trait of malice specifically. We also see in the Zelda Encyclopedia that “Evil finds champions in the Wind Mage Vaati, as well as the Lokomo demon Malladus, but no threat has been as persistent as the power hungry Ganondorf.” So these big bads aren't the recurring evil, but rather the hosts, or champions, of it. A reincarnation of hatred, not person.
This part doesn't have much to do with the thread, but it is some interesting stuff about Malice since we're talking about. I'll also just stick it in a spoiler so it's not cluttering things up here-
Here's some stuff about the actual abilities of Malice, the Zelda Encyclopedia says that “His soul overflowed with malice towards Zelda and Link, and his will was strong enough to repeatedly break the seal.” So basically whenever they seal this guy away, the malice is chewing away at the bars looking for a way out. Probably another reason why the hate curse is still in affect, either it has the power to or is destined to break through any bond (remind you of anyone? A certain maniacal avocado, perhaps?) When his seal began to break 100 years before the events of Breath of the Wild, Zelda resealed him before the awakening process could be properly completed. It's at this point he is reduced to a pure rage monster, and we see similar occurrences on a much smaller scale when Vaati obtains the Light Force and becomes Vaati’s wrath, or how Bellum gains power by consuming Light Force. Ganondorf already has this Light Force inside him due to his possession of the Triforce of Power, and it’s entirely possible that's what's causing the power of Malice to be amplified, although that part is mostly just speculation. One last fun thing to point out is that Ganondorf's “wicked heart” infected the sacred realm, transforming it into the dark world (Hyrule Historia). Yet another side effect of the curse, perhaps?

This, and many other points you bring up, are why I think the Hylian royal bloodline works more like real royal bloodlines.

In that most everyone in Hyrule is a descendant of the royal family, aka have Hylia's blood? :whistle: Why is Zelda the only one with Hylia's power if other people have Hylia's blood? Zelda is getting her power from being the reincarnation of Hylia; her power is coming from her soul, not her inherited blood.
How does a "real royal bloodline" work, according to you? I already debunked the inbreeding explanation because of how it would destroy a person's genes over countless millennium.
The farther back you go, the more ancestors people share. We are all descended from a common ancestor. That's basic science and why the bloodline theory doesn't work in Legend of Zelda. Hylia's blood will not be exclusive to Zelda. She can only claim Hylia's power by being her, having her soul.
Sad how so many people on this forum don't understand basic genetics. Doesn't change the truth, though. :)

All of the Zeldas in future games are ancestors of that first Zelda, part of her bloodline. So they all literally carry the blood of the goddess, they're not continuous reincarnations.
Also just wanted to mention that I am female, and I also dont agree with hero-of-time-777's assessment of Zelda as a royal baby making machine. That isn't Nintendo's intent, and I dont see why every generation has to have a princess. Sons can carry the bloodline too, it's just that when Ganon arises there's a princess zelda there to stop him.

As a fellow female fan, doesn't it bother you that Link is the same man reincarnating throughout time, aka "Soul of the Hero", but the Zeldas are all different people? Because that's what the bloodline explanation means. Link is the same person, but the princesses he saves aren't.
You still don't understand that only women can have Hylia's powers and teach it to the next generation, according to the bloodline BS. It's useless in a son, and will disappear if said son doesn't have a daughter.
Hylia's linear bloodline power only works if women continuously have only one to a few daughters to pass on the powers and keep the blood exclusive to the royal family. Anyone who supports the bloodline BS supports Zelda being forced to be an eternal babymaker of herself who cannot choose her own procreation life choices. Any one who cared about Zelda as a character would oppose this. I'm a feminist female fan who does and I'm proud of it. The reason there's always a Princess Zelda born every time Ganon appears is because Zelda is reincarnating. She is the same person being reborn in the current reigning royal family. Absolutely nothing to do with whether or not she was her own grandmother. I don't get why this is so hard for you to understand.
"Blood of the goddess" only makes sense if Zelda is getting it through reincarnation. It's the only way she alone can have it for the rest of eternity while claiming it makes her Hylia.

Reincarnation doesn't mean those people are literally the person they've been reincarnated as. The people still have their own individuality and make their own decisions. For example, Link in Ocarina of Time isn't literally Link from Skyward Sword, Zelda in OoT isn't literally Hylia, and Ganondorf in OoT isn't literally Demise.
I always thought of reincarnation as inheriting the powers and potential of someone from the past.
Also I'll go ahead and point out that if the bloodline thing was legit I once pointed out that it could be fatal because all someone would need to do is wipe out that particular bloodline, probably tipping the scales in Ganon's favor tremendously. It can't be that easy, which is why reincarnation has to be in play.
noun: reincarnation
  1. the rebirth of a soul in a new body.
The definition of reincarnation it to literally be reborn. You can't change the meaning of words just because you don't like them. Link and Zelda are different versions of the same people. Is this so hard to understand? Of course they're reborn with slightly different backstories and lives; that's the whole point of reincarnation. But they are the same souls.
Like Kass said in Breath of the Wild.
And again, almost everyone in Hyrule will have Link's and Zelda's blood if they have kids in past incarnations. That's how real bloodlines work. Almost everyone in a kingdom is a descendant of its royal family. This is why the bloodline explanation is so dumb in LOZ. It doesn't work in a series that it supposed to go on forever, with an infinite number of people being born and spreading and inheriting blood.

No, saying that, "A woman having the same name as her mother makes them the same person." is idiotic. My wife and daughter are both named Nicole, plus my father-in-law is named Nicholas. This does not mean my daughter is literally her grandfather. It means that a name was passed down. Trying to attach a term like "misogyny," in attempt to be edgy, is simply insulting; ignoring the fact that you are calling people "callous morons."

Are you the same person as your father? Do you not understand that the "bloodline" theory in LOZ is supposed to mean Zelda is being descended from herself in a narrow line from her first incarnation in Skyward Sword? Link is supposed to be the same man reincarnating but all Princess Zeldas are just descendants of each other with the same name, treated as if they are the same person. That is misogyny, treating bloodline like reincarnation, as if all women are the same people as their mothers and grandmothers. That's what the bloodline explanation means, a concept only misogynistic idiots support that means Zelda is forced to be her own ancestor and forced to inherit everything from herself. Reincarnation is the opposite of bloodline, and means Zelda is the same person, ie. her bloodline doesn't matter.
Again, Zelda's bloodline doesn't matter. It's her soul, aka Hylia's soul, reincarnating as her that does.

As a Zelinker, I do not want Link to be ****ing the vessel of a thousand-year-old mother Goddess. I want him to ****ing a person. An actual human person.
No, you want Link to be ****ing all the descendants of a Goddess, whom he got with in Skyward Sword. That's what the bloodline explanation means. Zelda isn't Hylia, the original Zelda that Link loved in SS, but merely a descendant of her. Link is ****ing every single successive "Zelda", as if they are all their preceding mothers. This is disgusting and easily proven wrong, thankfully.
The truth is Zelda is Hylia, the goddess reborn who's soul is eternally reincarnating with Link. That's what "goddess reborn" means. Try playing Skyward Sword. ;)
Also, it's okay for Link to be a "thousand year old" spirit (he's way older than that. You play the games? :)) but each Zelda has to be a fresh young girl? Ew.
I don't know how anyone can support this bloodline stuff.
True Zelda and LinkxZelda fans know Princess Zelda and Link are the same two souls eternally reincarnating.

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The definition of reincarnation it to literally be reborn. You can't change the meaning of words just because you don't like them. Link and Zelda are different versions of the same people. Is this so hard to understand? Of course they're reborn with slightly different backstories and lives; that's the whole point of reincarnation. But they are the same souls.
With the exception of Skyward Sword Zelda, why don't other Zeldas get shared memories? It's never confirmed if they even do, so any claim that affirms this would be pure speculation.

That aside, even reincarnation from a Buddhist standpoint isn't as simple as the soul is reborn and that person is literally the same. Anattā asserts that there is no permanent self between reincarnations, in the afterlife the soul is purged and recycled anew into a life that relates to the karma they reaped in their previous life.

Hinduism aligns better with your blanket definition of reincarnation, but the point is: which framework of reincarnation is going on in this video game series? It's not as simple as pulling out the dictionary, probably.

I'm also not disagreeing that the bloodline thing doesn't make sense, I am agreeing that reincarnation is what is going on so I don't get your second point directed at me, lol.

No, you want Link to be ****ing all the descendants of a Goddess, whom he got with in Skyward Sword. That's what the bloodline explanation means. Zelda isn't Hylia, the original Zelda that Link loved in SS, but merely a descendant of her. Link is ****ing every single successive "Zelda", as if they are all their preceding mothers. This is disgusting and easily proven wrong, thankfully.
The truth is Zelda is Hylia, the goddess reborn who's soul is eternally reincarnating with Link. That's what's "goddess reborn" means. Try playing Skyward Sword. ;)
Also, it's okay for Link to be a "thousand year old" spirit (he's way older than that. You play the games? :)) but each Zelda has to be a fresh young girl? Ew.
I don't know how anyone can't support this bloodline stuff.
True Zelda and LinkxZelda fans know Princess Zelda and Link are the same two souls eternally reincarnating.
I think we are talking past each other.

The spirit of the hero and the blood of the goddess and the curse of the demon king are non-physical entities. They aren't tangible. The power that is bestowed upon their reincarnations is similarly not-tangible. With that said, Link has very different origins across all of the games (a rancher, a knight, a boy from another kingdom, Zelda's childhood friend), but Zelda always has the same origin (a princess). Why is this?

Because the Hyrulean royal bloodline, in some metaphorical/medieval cosmology, carries Hylia's divinity and the powers that come with it. King Henry V was chosen by God. Zelda V was similarly chosen by Hylia as a vessel for her power. I believe that's your argument, and I agree.

But Zelda V is also a descendant of Zelda I. This is my argument. It is both. We're all on the same page, we can both be right, ZD rejoice!

Are you the same person as your father? Do you not understand that the "bloodline" theory in LOZ is supposed to mean Zelda is being descended from herself in a narrow line from her first incarnation in Skyward Sword? Link is supposed to be the same man reincarnating but all Princess Zeldas are just descendants of each other with the same name, treated as if they are the same person. That is misogyny, treating bloodline like reincarnation, as if all women are the same people as their mothers and grandmothers. That's what the bloodline explanation means, a concept only misogynistic idiots support that means Zelda is forced to be her own ancestor and forced to inherit everything from herself. Reincarnation is the opposite of bloodline, and means Zelda is the same person, ie. her bloodline doesn't matter.
Again, Zelda's bloodline doesn't matter. It's her soul, aka Hylia's soul, reincarnating as her that does.

That's how your bloodline explanation works.

Yes, the name is passed down. Yes, most in-game Zeldas (I recall that one of the early Zeldas was actually a different person from the game before, and they both lived at the same time. I want to say the original, and Zelda 2, but I don't remember for sure.) are reincarnations of Zelda from Skyward Sword. The part you are not seeming to get, is we never see consecutive in-game Zeldas, that are mother and daughter. Each game, that are not set as direct sequels, are stated to take place a long time, to a very long time apart.

You also seem to forget the Hero's Shade. In Twilight Princess, we know that the Link we pay as is related to the Ocarina of Time Link, and that both Links have the soul of the hero, yet the previous Link trains the new Link as a ghost. By the normal ideas around reincarnation, that ghost would break the cycle of Links. No, there is quite a lot more going on, that we just don't know.

You are the one filling in the gaps with something that you say is wrong. Is there some projection bias going on?

noun: reincarnation
  1. the rebirth of a soul in a new body.

reincarnation, also called transmigration or metempsychosis, in religion and philosophy, rebirth of the aspect of an individual that persists after bodily death—whether it be consciousness, mind, the soul, or some other entity—in one or more successive existences. Depending upon the tradition, these existences may be human, animal, spiritual, or, in some instances, vegetable. - Encyclopaedia Britannica

In that most everyone in Hyrule is a descendant of the royal family, aka have Hylia's blood? :whistle: Why is Zelda the only one with Hylia's power if other people have Hylia's blood? Zelda is getting her power from being the reincarnation of Hylia; her power is coming from her soul, not her inherited blood.
How does a "real royal bloodline" work, according to you? I already debunked the inbreeding explanation because of how it would destroy a person's genes over countless millennium.
The farther back you go, the more ancestors people share. We are all descended from a common ancestor. That's basic science and why the bloodline theory doesn't work in Legend of Zelda. Hylia's blood will not be exclusive to Zelda. She can only claim Hylia's power by being her, having her soul.
Sad how so many people on this forum don't understand basic genetics. Doesn't change the truth, though.

I have already explained to you how royal families maintain what they call "direct" bloodlines, and how that works with the descendants of Skyward Sword Zelda being far more spread than just the crowned royal family. I am sure if you go back and read my posts, instead of just skimming for arguments, you will find that I have already dealt with these redundant assertions.

So after looking through this thread, I just have to give my two cents. I'll do my best to keep things calm, but honest.

not a soul reincarnate.

Hylia's soul reincarnating as Zelda is exactly what's going on. The reason Skyward Sword Zelda had Hylia's blood was because she had Hylia's soul. So too with all other Zeldas, who are all meant to be Hylia reincarnate--the same person. That's why Nintendo is so focused on giving them all the "blood of the goddess" which means reincarnation, a goddess who now has mortal blood flowing in her veins.

Sounds like intentional misrepresentation.

Wack that some people in the fandom straight-out deny canonical Legend of Zelda facts, like Zelda being Hylia.
She's reincarnating just like Link is. This obsession with Zelda's ancestry, her bloodline, her genes, how many children she's producing and if she's producing them is the most deplorable thing I've ever seen in the Nintendo fandom. It has nothing to do with reincarnation. It's about something else, which I won't go into detail here because I'd like to keep things civil.
Bottom line, Zelda is being reborn just like Link and Ganondorf are. Nothing to do with their bloodlines, which has nothing to do with reincarnation. It's about their souls incarnating, which, as someone already posted here, is the definition of reincarnation.

I'll let Fi handle this:

"Thank you, Master Link. May we meet again in another life..." -- Fi, Skyward Sword

Nintendo is very explicit that Link is the same man reincarnating. People who continue to deny this are denying what's in the games. Having a different personality doesn't mean a person isn't the same individual. Link not remembering who he was in Breath of the Wild didn't mean he wasn't Link, the hero reborn.
Weird how some people want to take the phrase "blood of the goddess" to its most literal extreme angle, without any regard for context, as in, every single person who has Hylia's genes is Hylia (Wow. Really?) but insist on not taking "soul of the hero" literally.
Probably because they know how wrong it is for Link to be the same man but all the Zeldas to be different women.
The idea of inheriting identities from our grandparents is so dumb and wrong.
Nintendo seriously needs to drop that twisted lie. Reincarnation has nothing to do with bloodline.

I agree. Demise never says he will reincarnated, but rather his hatred

Wow, some people on here even deny that Demise is Ganon? The ancient evil who cursed Link and Zelda and swore to follow them for all eternity? The Demon King whose the source of all monsters and Malice? Do these people just ignore what the Zelda producers said in Hyrule Historia about them literally giving Demise fiery red hair to resemble Ganon? Maybe they forgot that Demise's theme in Skyward Sword contains Ganondorf's theme in its rising end melody.

As a Zelinker, I do not want Link to be ****ing the vessel of a thousand-year-old mother Goddess. I want him to ****ing a person. An actual human person.

And what did Hylia reincarnate as in Skyward Sword? You're saying Zelda isn't human because she's Hylia in a mortal body? You call yourself a "Zelinker" but are against Link being with a goddess? And you're against Skyward Sword Zelink, the origin of all future Link and Zelda relationships. Real Zelinkers embrace that Zelda is the Goddess Hylia and support Link being with the Goddess Hylia.
The story of Hylia is about a goddess who became human to protect her people and be with her human Chosen Hero. She's a demigod, both human and goddess. She's Zelda.
Zelda is a human goddess, does that make things clearer?
There's nothing wrong with Link having sex with a reincarnated goddess. What's truly repugnant is the idea of Link having sex with Zelda's children. Nintendo's current "bloodline" drivel "explaining" Hylia's continued legacy is absolutely hideous and I'm damn shocked it made it out of the concept room and into its merchandise, wtf.
Nintendo already has the right answer in Skyward Sword; Zelda is simply Hylia eternally reincarnating, just as Link is the ancient hero eternally reincarnating.

Zelda. The chosen knight of Zelda.

"Chosen knight of Zelda" means the same thing as "chosen knight of the goddess", because Zelda is Hylia. The Goddess Hylia was reborn as a mortal named Zelda, which is why she's called the "goddess reborn". Beyond shallow how some people try to deny that part of Princess Zelda and shows that they don't truly love and accept who she is. It's like trying to separate Zelda and Sheik, or Zelda and Tetra, merely because being a ninja and pirate are alter egos of Zelda. You know, like how Batman and Bruce Wayne are the same guy?
People who truly love Zelda's whole character will also accept that she's the Goddess Hylia.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The concept of a stable unbroken bloodline of Zeldas and Links mostly falls apart to me due to the real life implications. Incest was a hell of a thing among real life monarchies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom