• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

wait was it specifically announced that Deku needs a replacement

or that Pen needs 1 replacement not specifying the slot

also @Morbid Minish as far as I can tell my role card wording is very nearly identical to the original - one part is a bit longer and another part is a bit shorter, but on the whole it's about the same

this is probably not worth discussing further

Pen

The game is on!
@Pen: Hypothetically if a JOAT were to target the samurai role, would the samurai role receive a one-use JOAT-shot or a one-use shot of whatever the JOAT used on them?

They would receive a 1-shot of whatever the JOAT was using on the Samurai.

wait was it specifically announced that Deku needs a replacement

or that Pen needs 1 replacement not specifying the slot

Sorry, I should have announced it here as well! DekuNut has requested to be replaced. If anyone knows someone else who wants to play, please send them my way! :)

Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
DekuNut - 2 (Fext, Storm)
Ragnarokio - 1 (ExLight)
Viral Maze - 1 (Ragnarokio)
ExLight - 1 (Seanzie)

Not voting - DekuNut, Morbid Minish, Killjoy262, Viral Maze, Paranoid King, Fig, A Link In Time, Kirino

With 13 players alive it takes 7 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Wednesday, June 13th 2021 at 7:00 PM EST.

actually I don't think I ever really expanded on my largest issue with Deku in full

let me do that

@Seanzie please do ask about how GF interacts with you that's actually critical info

also storm being non-mafia here means I'm wrong on at least one person and it being rag/ex/viral isn't that outlandish

Probably not gonna catch up before I have to pass out, so I'll post my tonight thoughts in this post before I leave. They're quick and dirty, but it's something to give people.

Re: Fext - I agree with Ex's assumption from yesterday that Fext is lying about their mafia experience. They come in with his joke about having a chat, and then made a sly reference to mafia being colored red. I feel like if a new person made this joke, they'd say "the mafia" or "my teammates" or something. Red is a lot more subtle and knowledgeable of how the games works than I'd expect from a new player, especially one who apparently didn't even realize that the game would last more than 20 minutes when he signed on. It's a small thing, and doesn't say much about his alignment, but we should keep this theory in mind as we read him further later in the game. You could say that they've played AU or ToS before and had an idea, but then the question remains, how would they know that the convention was also true in forum mafia?
Personally, I don't like this deception, as, if he isn't new but is playing off as being so, the idea that he's quite new would give him some leeway from other players as scum. It's a lot of mind chess and I may be overthinking it, but for now I've got my eye on them.

Speaking of Ex (it was actually quite early in that last point, you may have forgotten that I mentioned him, but it makes for a decent segue), nothing he's done so far this day has made him worth keeping my vote on. I've actually quite enjoyed his content so far (at least as much as I can; it IS still Ex after all ;P ). Therefore, I shall
Unvote

if you're mafia and someone slips that they're part of a chat your first thought is going to be something like "so there's a communication power role in this game and fext must be something like a mason or a lover or a neighbour"
It literally can go either way. I've seen people slip-up they have a chat and have been outed as mafia. It's why I'm only partially acknowledging it. Even if they are town, them saying "Oh well Pen gave me a chat tho" (I'm paraphrasing) is a slip-up or at the very least, a leak and now we have some kind of lead of what Fext is.

It seemed pointless to continue ignoring it at that point though. Everyone had already made a big deal about it. There was no hiding the joke, nor ignoring the idea that it may contain true information. And yet you did. The only

I find it likely that, if Fig is scum, and the previous theory about Fext lying about their experience is true, then they are both scum together, but playing very different games. Fig being 3P is also an option. I struggle to see a reason why Fig would act the way he did if he were both town and took the joke at face value like he claimed to.
Going back and forth, but I think I will
Vote: Fig

I don't see the issues with Rag just yet, but I would like to get my current reddest read a little farther from the competition. He has a lot of votes, but not close enough to maj for me to worry.

Also, somethign doesn't sit right about Storm yet. I know that the giant list full mostly of meaningless gobbley gook is a regular for him, but he seems to be putting no effort at all into this game so far, despite making a fair few comments and a number of posts. Non-activity really. Not enough for a vote, but enough for me to call out in hopes that he either shapes up or I vote for him in the coming days.

Note for Deku of tomorrow, I'm right at the top of page 16.
This is disgusting

and I brought it up a few times

but I don't think I ever really went into how much I hate it

It seemed pointless to continue ignoring it at that point though. Everyone had already made a big deal about it. There was no hiding the joke, nor ignoring the idea that it may contain true information. And yet you did. The only
tf happened here
I got distracted by another point and forgot to finish my sentence

Let me ask you

Is this a natural point to break off and go look at something else when you're typing?

If you think that somebody has taken a joke at face value in a way that shows they are scummy, and are in the process of calling them out for it, do you really just run out of steam and go do something else with plans to come back?

I think what happened here is that Deku doesn't have a point and needed to go find one to support his claim, but forgot to actually fill in the blank when he got distracted by something else.

And I don't think Town needs to go find their point in a case like this.

@DekuNut - think there's decent odds of either him or fig being scum if my perpendiculars are aligned correctly but i'm leaning more towards fig, so marginal town read on deku. this is a secret read though so please don't ask me about it.
@Ragnarokio I think it's time to expand on that secret read as much as you can

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom