• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Three Houses Mafia Game Thread

What I don't understand here, despite your consideration, is why knowing Naga's role weighs my alignment heavily towards scum for you (vs knowing the other roles like you pointed out initially when constructing that idea that I may be scum). Like, yes, you know Naga's role. How does that convey, to you, that I must be scum? Him being a jailer, that jailed you, has what direct connection to me? Outside of him voting me, what else is there? Both Minish and Killjoy voted me and died as town, yet, in further fleshing out the why, it's Naga that you focus on.

The major thing here is the disconnect between knowing Naga's role and how that relates to me enough for you to consider me scum over it despite how the votes fell.

I wonder, did it take you this long to come up with something reasonable that you feel would be digestible?

It's not that Naga's role necessarily relates directly to you, it's that both having that information and hearing the initial logic out of Kirino made me view it in a different way, that way being "assuming Naga is town (which I had been leaning after the night), then that makes 3/4 votes on KoD town; I see him pushing towards Rubik or Naga very definitively -> knowing what I know about Naga I can understand the push if Rubik is scum, and I might be willing to believe it, but if Rubik is town, the whole "Rubik or Naga MUST be scum" seems overreactive in a way similar to a bad OMGUS, which rubs me the wrong way."

If that way is incomplete logic, then so be it, people make mistakes. We know it to be incomplete because I did not factor in the fact that you had NOT voted to save yourself: to be brutally honest, this is because I thought you HAD voted Deku for some reason; it was 2:30AM and I was exhausted, shoot me. I don't like to give excuses in Mafia, but here we are.

And yeah, it is taking me a long time to respond to your posts, because as much as I hate the way you post and the language you use, I do find myself thinking "wait, no, he's right" more often than not. It's frustrating because every time I come into the thread I have yet another wall to respond to, rather than spending my time actually doing something useful, like, ISOing Chevy and Fig for example. I have not voted yet this phase for that reason.

I disagree that I'm reading too much into it. After all, evaluating the votes should have easily rendered unto you that I had not saved myself not to mention my own post stating as such. In your first outlook over that, when assessing the wagons, you, per your words, missed that I could have saved myself. That's notable given that when you were crafting the possibility that I could be scum you took pain to address how scum were maybe tied up and didn't want to save me if that meant having to switch from Deku over to me. Despite that scenario, you settle for one where at least one scum was on Deku leaving the other to either be on Deku as well (per your original theory of possibility) or, since you said at least one, the other was off in the wind. If the latter is the case, then why leave it up to chance to let scum!me get randed vs just saving me?

More stuff about not noticing you hadn't voted Deku. I will stick to my embarrassing conviction above for that. No, it makes no sense for you or the scum team to let a random elim potentially elim a scum player. For what it's worth, it is D1 and there is still a long game to go, so the risk might be worth it, but that's besides the point, as your actions or lack thereof in this case then prove.

But there's something else in the details there. After all, I'm still alive, right? Thus far both you and Funnygirl have commented on the fact that I am not dead despite being the counter wagon. Normally, I'd factor that into the more obvious camp of, well yeah, why kill me if they can use me as a mislynch, right? Yet wrt to you, Cap, you made it plain that you overlooked the fact that I could have saved myself. All while making the subtle case for why I may be scum since, you know, two town were killed that were on me and knowing the roles of those on me D1.

You know what that looks like? That looks like you aiming for a mislynch. If it wasn't for the fact that your initial argument/proposition missed out on the fact that I could have saved myself which, by your own assertion, lends to my towniness, then you'd probably be well on the way to getting others to agree with you. *Looks at Ex.* Fact is, though, that it is hard to reconcile a scum!me in lieu of my actions wrt to not utilizing my own vote to save myself were I scum. And without being able to reconcile that, you're left with the glaring reality that I am likely town which, then, makes it harder to push sus in my direction for a possible mislynch.

I'm not trying to mislynch you, dude, nor was I at the beginning of the phase. I would have voted you by now if that was the case. I was simply trying to reason with the information that was given, in addition to what I had read about the phase up to that point. Had I realized you could have saved yourself, the case falls flat regardless, as you've so kindly pointed out, so I probably wouldn't have made the point to begin with in a perfect world.

What more do I want you to say? Nothing, unless it is your death cries. I -- want you lynched.

It took me harping to get you to explicitly state what you have thus far. At least you're not trying to appease me with compliments or anything. It never works.

We'll see how others react to you though.
Aight great, we can move on.

The one thing chevy has done in his favor today imo is he said one interesting thing about caps that I'll look into but again I've been barely present so I haven't noticed the thing he's talking about
What does this mean

"Chevy has said something that is interesting about Caps but I don't know what he said that is interesting about Caps, even though I know he has said something that is interesting about Caps"

Also, what's with the double talk? As in, similar to my issue with Cap, you say you noticed something interesting that Chevy pointed out (in his favor) concerning Cap, but you haven't noticed the thing he's talking about? How could it be interesting in the first place if you're not paying enough attention to even notice what he's talking about? Where's the reference point to make that assessment?

*looks back at the post he just made*

*looks back at this post*

Oh, you.

Can I get everyone's opinion on LG?

Quick ISO

good morning everyone my neighbors are screaming welcome to the game

vote: rubik
bich
oh yeah i forgot that's a role

this is not bread crumbs my irl apartment neighbors scream at each other at pretty much all hours of the day it's super annoying
Kind of ironic because LG later claims they were actually in neighbor chat with Rubik. Technically, this means they've already lied by the end of the first page.

i was tempted to vote here bc i am really annoyed that we're already talking about roles but i'm going to be gone for EOD bc of travelling and i don't want to leave my vote somewhere where something is likely to happen and i'm going to be unaware of that thing
Ok so iirc my susses are fig for the deku vote (seemed like scum wanting to place a vote somewhere so it didnt look scummy not to have one) and Chevy for various stuff, there was something that pinged me d1 but I dont remember what it was and then I dont like the way he tried to quell KOD's suspicions, that was weird and scummy and I'm gonna vote there, peace and love and goodnight

The bold in these two posts are oddly similar to me; on D1, LG essentially wants to put their vote somewhere it won't matter, so they will at least have one...then they sus Fig for "putting a vote somewhere so it didn't look scummy not to have one." Contradictory imo.

Oh a weird thing, leslie unvoted me but sun never took it off the count lmao interesting. He said he'd probably vote for deku and now is saying we should look at the deku wagon hmmmm. Interesting

Also both minish and kj voted for kod also interesting

Idk maybe it's nothing I'm gonna go to bed but thos r my findings goodnight everyone

Also it was me rubik targeted me idk why he didnt say it but it was me

Who is leslie?

Look, even if my logic regarding KoD was incomplete at best, at least I tried a little more than "hmmm hmm interesting :thonk: ." But they say they're gonna do more later in their next post, so I'll hold them to that.

Overall: a couple contradictions are noteworthy. Wouldn't take them out of the conversation for today's lynch, but I will hold them to their word at the very least.

Fig

The Altruist
What does this mean

"Chevy has said something that is interesting about Caps but I don't know what he said that is interesting about Caps, even though I know he has said something that is interesting about Caps"

This is my issue with Chevy. They say that "Caps said something interesting", doesn't elaborate more, and now is voting for themselves and even now admitting that the self-vote is a distraction. They could very well be Jester or just still a weak town member. They might as well be the 3rd imposter/4th mafia member since at best they say one thing and then flail their arms the moment any kind of questioning is brought up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Sun confirmed there is no vanilla roles at all so even if Chevy is town and we lose them, that's another role we lost that could have been utilized. This is directed towards Chevy now but I am going to push the button and ask for your role or role description since you sound very defeated and jumped immediately to self-vote yourself. If you don't feel comfortable with sharing your information, are you ok with being jailed tonight to be protected from mafia, assuming you are indeed town and not mafia/Jester/3rd party?

knowing what I know about Naga I can understand the push if Rubik is scum, and I might be willing to believe it, but if Rubik is town, the whole "Rubik or Naga MUST be scum" seems overreactive in a way similar to a bad OMGUS, which rubs me the wrong way."

Now that is completely fair. I can see your PoV in that light if I'm, as scum, trying to push for a mislynch on either of two players that I initially claimed were scum at the outset. Well done.

As far as I'm concerned, you've convinced me of your logic that led to me to clash with you. Had this been explained at the outset, I would have seen where you were coming from; however, as was shown, I viewed your outlook differently from how you thought it up to yourself. This constant clash with you has helped especially since you're showing no fear in responding back over it.

Thus far, given the lengthy dialogue, you've been consistent. So excuses or no, you've done your part in convincing me of your towniness.

Unvote

I'm adding Cap to my Rubik outlook insomuch as they're both hard town for me.

Thus far I'm happy exclusively with Rubik and Cap. Naga is indifferent to me still by virtue of him just not being here. Chevy, honestly, needs to do some heavy lifting. In that same vein, Gumball seems decent enough to flip. Truth be told with Cap having the same questioning reaction to Gumball's post, I'd say Gumball may be the better choice here.

That leaves Fig, which I like his posts, and who else haven't I really touched on? I mean Ex still exists, but maybe a bus will resolve him.

Vote: LittleGumball

I'm not trying to mislynch you, dude, nor was I at the beginning of the phase. I would have voted you by now if that was the case. I was simply trying to reason with the information that was given, in addition to what I had read about the phase up to that point. Had I realized you could have saved yourself, the case falls flat regardless, as you've so kindly pointed out, so I probably wouldn't have made the point to begin with in a perfect world.

I assume everyone is an enemy until satisfied otherwise. Why else do you think I've been so combative? You've certainly been graceful throughout this so kudos to accepting the mistake rather than doubling down on it.

And yes, we can move on. Most definitely.

I just read and thought and typed and deleted for nearly 30 minutes and I still have nothing. I really messed this game up for myself, and I'm just not the type of player in general to make giant wallposts for my reads, which is obviously the caliber of content the players in this game are demanding. I'm out of my league and the only way I'll be revealed as town is when I'm dead, so

Vote:Chevywolf30

Seeing as how I'm one of the leading wagons, I'd rather just clear my name so that town can focus on finding the actual scum, and not spend a lot of time on me, because all the points against me are perfectly valid.

Dude, don't throw your vote away like this. You don't need wallposts. Just give your honest opinions on players and try your best.

lOoK eVeRyOnE cApS iS cOaChInG hIs ScUmBuDdY

If you don't feel comfortable with sharing your information, are you ok with being jailed tonight to be protected from mafia, assuming you are indeed town and not mafia/Jester/3rd party?

Truth be told, he should have no argument with fielding his role information given his penchant for self voting. He talks about helping town (whether by removing a distraction), and him offering his role up does accomplish that vs a mislynch.

Kind of ironic because LG later claims they were actually in neighbor chat with Rubik. Technically, this means they've already lied by the end of the first page.

Except Rubik created a neighbor chat with Gumball during the first night, correct? So Gumball wouldn't be lying here per se so much so as the post just aged weirdly.

@TheCapsFan can you tell us about how it was like though? Did you get added to the chat at the beginning of the Night?

Yeah, I got added to a N1 Jailor chat at the beginning of the night, then when the night was over, I was told to stop talking in it.

Overall: a couple contradictions are noteworthy. Wouldn't take them out of the conversation for today's lynch, but I will hold them to their word at the very least.
String her up and let her roast. She's possibly scum here relative to Fig or Chevy. Heck, maybe she's scum with Ex, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom