• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda What-Ifs

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Which versions of Zelda would you say have more development than BotW Zelda?
The four I mentioned. Well, development or just character depth since development doeant necessarily need to happen in plot driven stories whereas its imperative for character driven
If were going beyond just people named zelda I think hilda is a fantastic twist villain personally and qualifies as a sympathetic villain

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
OoT for one. TP to an extent, and WW Zelda isn't a concept I'm touching right now, especially with Mikey around.

But neither OoT Zelda nor TP Zelda have any real screentime or backstory to let them develop as characters. I'm not even sure TP Zelda speaks long enough to learn Link's name.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Personally IDC about all this because Zelda is not a movie, or a book- it's a video game. The priority of the devs is not story, it's that it's fun to play. I care more about doing dungeons and stuff than I care about the plot, and I'm surprised this is such a heated debate. Zelda doesn't need a Shakespearian-level plot because video games are supposed to be fun to play, not focus on being fun to watch.
And we really complaining 'bout the master sword having the same use before we complain about every hero being Link and every princess being Zelda? cmon guys

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
But neither OoT Zelda nor TP Zelda have any real screentime or backstory to let them develop as characters. I'm not even sure TP Zelda speaks long enough to learn Link's name.
TP Zelda isn't as important to the plot as OoT, so she doesn't need that much development. But OoT Zelda has plenty of screentime as Sheik, and development to go with it.

Mikey the Moblin

The compelling thing to me about tp zelda is her unique depiction as a person in power which we dont often see of zelda in the franchise. It takes a lot of hmmm wisdom to make the decision to cede power to a usurper. You can say that yeah she doesnt develop or progress etc so maybe shes not much of a character in a vacuum, but the way shes depicted is the part that's compelling more than anything she says or does

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
TP Zelda isn't as important to the plot as OoT, so she doesn't need that much development. But OoT Zelda has plenty of screentime as Sheik, and development to go with it.
OoT Zelda has screentime, but the same way Tetra does. Sheik is totally disconnected as a character and Zelda never uses it, brings it up in conversation, or has it affect her. The moment she has to become Zelda again, she stops being interesting.

Last edited:

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
SOoT Zelda has screentime, but the same way Tetra does. Sheik is totally disconnected as a character and Zelda never uses it, brings it up in conversation, or has it affect her. The moment she has to become Zelda again, she stops being interesting.
Bruh. Really? You criticize OoT Zelda for not bringing up sheik when she spent about 10 seconds with Link before being kidnapped by Ganondorf?

Mikey the Moblin

SOoT Zelda has screentime, but the same way Tetra does. Sheik is totally disconnected as a character and Zelda never uses it, brings it up in conversation, or has it affect her. The moment she has to become Zelda again, she stops being interesting.
I raise you:
Link! I'm sorry! I overslept!

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Bruh. Really? You criticize OoT Zelda for not bringing up sheik when she spent about 10 seconds with Link before being kidnapped by Ganondorf?
I criticize OoT Zelda's portrayal for being, "Link, please help me! Oh no, I'm kidnapped! Link, please help me!"

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
She...She took up the disguise of Sheik because Ganondorf wanted to kidnap her. I feel like I'm missing something here.
Which never plays a role in how she talks or interacts with Link, and she suffers even more due to not being the POV character.

Last edited:

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
She...She took up the disguise of Sheik because Ganondorf wanted to kidnap her. I feel like I'm missing something here.
theyre mad because she was reduced to a damsel in distress

but i mean, what else could she do when ganondorf kidnapped her? nothing really so idc

Mikey the Moblin

I know people tend to criticize tetra's transformation because of her dialogue in the castle being so timid and unlike tetra
But the game makes it obvious that this is a temporary moment of shock for tetra, since shes back to her winking self in time for the final battle with ganondorf.
Like c'mon guys I get that you have to nitpick in order to find something wrong with the perfect game but this ain't it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom