• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
You want me to get into how wrong this is? Or do you plan to just handwave me all night regardless?

The sage wisdom of The Scum That Can Be Caught D0 is not The Great Scum should show exactly the kind of calibur your post is, since the "logic" is determined by if I am a strong scum player, which in the event you determined that d0 means I'm not a strong scum player, which means your entire case isn't just weak: It's ridiculous
Have you ever played Stratego?

The Spy is the weakest piece, but it's also the only one capable of defeating the strongest piece, the Marshal. Just because the weakest piece can beat the Marshal does not mean the Marshal isn't the best piece.

I'm not saying this is an identical situation, only that good scum players tend to have different kinds of tells than bad ones and you triggered my intuition. It's certainly possible that I'm wrong, but I currently think you have a higher chance of being scum than any other player in the game right now (which might still be below a 50% chance).

The only scum game he was remotely this bad was the crossover last summer and even then Im pretty sure he played better than this so yeah.
I think I'm playing just fine.

I've got other stuff on my mind too if we're being perfectly honest, but I'm making a genuine effort right now.

funnier6

Courage~
Have you ever played Stratego?

The Spy is the weakest piece, but it's also the only one capable of defeating the strongest piece, the Marshal. Just because the weakest piece can beat the Marshal does not mean the Marshal isn't the best piece.

I'm not saying this is an identical situation, only that good scum players tend to have different kinds of tells than bad ones and you triggered my intuition. It's certainly possible that I'm wrong, but I currently think you have a higher chance of being scum than any other player in the game right now (which might still be below a 50% chance).
Is this your villainous monologue?
I think I'm playing just fine.
How’s those reads coming?

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Is this your villainous monologue?

How’s those reads coming?
I'm not a villain.

I might get something better than what I have out, but I'm expecting to be pretty busy the next few days and might not be able to check in much. I'm doing what I can to create more interactions to go off of, though.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
No you don’t, it wasn’t about time it was about relevancy. I was thinking that Trist’s reasoning that Killjoy doesn’t seem like he’s being coached was flawed. I know if I was on his team I definitely would just tell him to post whatever cause coaching just makes everything worse imo except for specific instances like when someone asks for role info and you have to give a fake claim or whatever.

I don’t really know of anyone who gives crash courses in mafia to new players on their scum team, it seems like most people know to tell them to ask in the thread so they’ll get those natural points. So I didn’t really think Trists points about Killjoy figuring things out on his own were all that great.
See, my point being, it wasn't difficult to write this, and I appreciate an answer. Sorry if I'm touching a nerve there. I can see where you're getting those vibes, and I'd agree. I haven't seen anything that Tristan or Killjoy have said that seems scummy, but I wouldn't give Killjoy a pass solely because the posts seem genuine and not coached. Nor does Tristan's statement win him town cred.

I'm not even asking y'all to scumread him! I'm saying, hey maybe we should try to figure out why his words seem so inconsistent with each other.

He could just being cautious with trying something new for personal reasons. But I want y'all to consider something. Would town sunfan say "I might be weird because I'm just trying to have fun but I don't care if I die". Or would town sunfan say "I'm just gonna have fun with this game so I don't let mafia affect me as much as I have".

One is preemptive defense, the other is just a statement.
I personally still don't see it as a preemptive defense, but that's my take. However, this post has me more inclined to townread Minish. I don't see scum Minish reading this hard into a single point. It's just not like her to draw that much attention to it.

It was because of a certain post that made me go hmmm but I don't remember exactly what it was right now so I'll get back to you on that.
Also would like to see tbh. Minish usually has iso's and read lists that I like.

this game is active

does anyone know if there are any obvious self roles within pen's game pool which could explain sunfan's attitude?
Why do we need to solve roles now?

hey, DawningWinds, are you there?
Is DW new to Mafia in general or someone you or anyone else has played with on another site?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Why do we need to solve roles now?

because if there were a role that would explain his behaviour well and was also anti-town then it would act as evidence for him being anti-town which would be of benefit to the town

in general gaining information about scum/self roles is probably helpful for town

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Is Kirino just because inactivity?
Also would like to see tbh. Minish usually has iso's and read lists that I like.
This is the same kind of post he made last game. It could be that he's intentionally changing up his behavior after being called out on it meta-wise, but that might be looking into it too much. I honestly wouldn't mind lynching him in the absence of a better target, as it likely wouldn't be a great loss either way.

This is the part of the post I was talking about. It felt off to me. The way he talked about not minding lynching Poy in the absence of a better target because it wouldn't be a great loss didn't give me town Kirino vibes. Sounds like a kinda planting seeds for a Poy lynch and then brushing off responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom