• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
I'm fine with any system that goes large to small
Europeans are backwards it's like going to a library and pulling out all the books with last name S before checking the proper section
If you have the year wrong you're just at the wrong library

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
At the end of the Phase.
Then lynching today is pointless except for policy.

We're more likely to hit town than scum with a random lynch because more than half the players are likely town. Most of the players are town, and thus are more likely to be negatively affected by a random lynch hitting town. We can't learn anything because scum doesn't even know they're scum yet, which is why a d1 lynch has any use.

Broke up with gf today, sorry for not being around. Looking through and posting thoughts as they come.

Vote: No lynch

Literally no one knows their roles so we can't learn anything from lynching. All it would do is kill someone randomly.

Well, this is actually false. We will learn the alignment and role of the player who died by lynching someone, which is useful information. I do agree that it's a bad idea to lynch someone before we learn our alignments, though, that part of your logic makes sense to me.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
This is the equivalent of not reading your role pm it's scummy as crap and if we don't lynch you today I'm requesting you get modkilled
Except a) I read my role PM as it was provided by the host, and b) my alignment will surface one way or the other. Either I get added to the scum chat when Mafia tries to use an action on me, or I don’t.

Literally nothing in the rules says that I *have* to guess anything. In fact, the rules say:
The most important rule. Have fun! Or else...
So I am emphasizing having fun with this quirky mechanic.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Well, this is actually false. We will learn the alignment and role of the player who died by lynching someone, which is useful information. I do agree that it's a bad idea to lynch someone before we learn our alignments, though, that part of your logic makes sense to me.

I suppose that's true, but none of that information really tells us much about anyone else in the game, most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom