• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Green Gorons Timeline Theory

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I think Minish cap comes first followed by the four swords. Then comes Ocarina of time.Now its split to adult and child. Down the child time line is Majoras Mask then a link to the past followed by the oracles. After that comes Link's Awakening and after that is the original zelda. Immediately after that is adventure of link and then twilight princess. On the adult time line is Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and last Spirit Tracks. Tell me if you argue or agree and what do you think. Also where will Zelda Wii be placed

I had the same problem as you when I first started timeline theorizing, I thought TP was post-LttP, but it's the other way around. TP even seems to describe parts of the SW in LttP. Anyways, welcome here.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
But then why would the sages be in stain glass in WW?

They are, Ocarina of Time has all of the sages and Wind Waker follows up after it.

Either way, nice job on the timeline. I can never believe that Minish Cap comes first and then A Link to the Past,(it doesn't make much sense to me) but nice job. Welcome to Zelda Dungeon, by the way.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Well, it's pretty much a standard MC originating timeline, but I'm not sure about Four Swords- in the GBA cartridge, is Four Swords in any way connected to the LttP story, or is it a separate game on the cartridge?

Also, when I clicked on this, I thought you would be stating evidence for the timeline based on the premise the Death Mountain's green boulders in LttP were actually territorial Gorons, but then I noticed your username so ok.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Okay, first off so I don't seem mean: Welcome to Zelda dungeon. :P

On to business:

I think Minish cap comes first followed by the four swords. Then comes Ocarina of time.Now its split to adult and child. Down the child time line is Majoras Mask then a link to the past followed by the oracles. After that comes Link's Awakening and after that is the original zelda. Immediately after that is adventure of link and then twilight princess. On the adult time line is Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and last Spirit Tracks. Tell me if you argue or agree and what do you think. Also where will Zelda Wii be placed

So....

TMC-FS/FSA-OoT-TWW/PH-ST
.......................\MM\ALttP\OoS\OoA\LA\LoZ\AoL-TP

Well...the adult timeline is good, but the child timeline needs serious work. For starters, TP should be after MM, not ALttP. This has been confirmed by the developers numerous times. LoZ/AoL Link is also a separate Link from ALttP Link.
With those things in mind, your timeline should look like this now:

TMC-FS/FSA-OoT-TWW/PH-ST
........................\MM\TP-ALttP\OoS\OoA\LA-LoZ\AoL

Which is a very good timeline.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I agree with most of what you said, Piney, but the big problem I see now (which I'm surprised you didn't point out) is that FSA is put before OoT. Unless you believe that Ganon/dorf in FSA is a completely different Ganon/dorf from OoT then it should be impossible to even consider it there. If you do believe that FSA Ganon/dorf is a different Ganon/dorf then wouldn't it make more sense to take place after a game in which Ganon/dorf was previously defeated/killed? Ganon/dorf is an established bad guy/unliked being in FSA and he tries to take over Hyrule. With that in mind, even if OoT Ganon/dorf is a new Ganon/dorf, why wouldn't the OoT royal family notice that this Gerudo king has the same name as an old Gerudo outcast who tried to take over their kingdom? It doesn't make any sense. Not to mention the obvious connection with ALTTP having the Palace of the Four Sword and all. Seems like the developers made that clear connection and never contradicted it or stated it as a mere coincidence. Anyway, I agree with most of it except FSA placement and I personally put OoX after LoZ/AoL and leave LA as a direct sequel to ALTTP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom