• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ZD Mafia Hijackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
My best guess on why Fused wants me dead is because he may be a roleblocker. My action last night failed (no it wasn't a nightkill), and it's quite possible he saw that and assumed that his block stopped the kill. If that's the case, it's a hollow thing to say it wasn't me, but

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I haven’t read up much on what has happened day 3 but I do want to point out that I do feel like it’s a little odd that fused voted for deku (I think it was a pressure vote? Idk there didn’t seem to be much reasoning) and then gumball joined him (again seemingly for no reason other than she “trusted” him). Doesn’t that seem a little fishy? I don’t know, tell me I’m wrong.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
What is he not wrong about though? Am I missing something?

I do hate my life right now because I worked a 12 hour shift yesterday and a 11 hour shift today so I might have glanced over it or something but, Gumball, I haven’t really seen you say much when you throw around your suspicions. I’ll re read right now maybe I’m dumb lol.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Gumball, I haven’t really seen you say much when you throw around your suspicions.
i mean i think i explained my case against you pretty well :) and seeing all your empty posts has only made me more suspicious of you.

I have to agree with Pancake here. Both fused and Gummy have been pretty unclear about their votes today.
my vote was pretty clear i think

@fused_shadows are you sure that Dekunut is scum?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
So I went through and wanted to use quotes to prove my points like a good mafia player and have a few quotes for my "Gumball, I haven’t really seen you say much when you throw around your suspicions."

I CANNOT FIND IT MYSELF. I LITERALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHICH PART YOU ARE TOWNREADING.

Vote: Moe

You are too difficult to play with.

This feels like it holds less weight because of that day 1 Moe fiasco but her only reasoning is "You are too difficult to play with."

[translator's note: by shroom he means storm, in case anyone is confused like i was while rereading this post]

I feel like this is our best lead for now. I'll keep reading but I'm reading most other people as mostly towny. i kept really ****ty vague notes in my notepad document and my notes say "can't read pancake. maybe scum but that's just an offhand guess, no basis no strength"
So that's my Day 1 read i guess lmfao and I have no other information. If someone wants to prove me wrong on this feel totally free.

I know I just said "there's probably a scum in storm's most suspicious list" but I can't read anyone else in there very well yet. I haven't researched the game thoroughly bc there's 30 hecking pages so I'll need a little time for that but I feel decently about this.

Vote: Pancake

There's no substance here. You only said "I feel like this is our best lead for now." How was I the best lead? I even remember you trying to get fused (again bringing up your weird connection with fused) to join in against me later that day, but didn't say anything to convince him. You never stated what your suspicions are. You just kept going like "Pancake is scum" and gave no reasoning for it. I just don't understand at all.

Vote: DekuNut

Who do you think we should lynch today, sir?

The post where he voted on Deku seems like a pressure vote to me and the other post after that just seem like he's just putting pressure on him to talk. Never stated he finds him scummy or why he does find him scummy. So what is fused exactly right about here?

I trust Fused. If he's wrong today then that goes away.

Vote: Dekunut

You trust that he is pressure voting him for information. Ok. :shrugs:

i mean i think i explained my case against you pretty well :) and seeing all your empty posts has only made me more suspicious of you.

my vote was pretty clear i think
If you read above when I mentioned your post on me it doesn't actually make any sense. Like you accuse me of having blank post but nothing you have done has made any sense to me. Day 2 was a bit of an off day to me I agree but nothing much happened that day I didn't find Yiga inherently scummy my only leads were Ryu and Storm and they were already dead and everyone else was either hard to read for me or extremely inactive. I already explain it in that poor excuse of a reads post. So if I chose to not and make a defense post because I could not understand what you found suspicious about me I don't think you "explained your case pretty well". (also if you find me suspicious why are you voting for Deku???)

How sway? You just said you trust fused and even when I ask where the suspicion is coming from you don't answer. I can't anything so I don't understand it.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
sure that post is the beginning but I did say more about you.

that's scummy tbh. posting enough to not be called out for being inactive, but not actually posting much substance.
I thought I'd posted more but whatever lol going through my own posts is a pain in the ass. dekunut i'm sorry for u

And here's some garbage about Dekunut as well cuz yall are like oh she's voting dekunut out of nowhere :^)
Tbh I never know how to read Dekunut so i always tentatively scumread him until he does something trustworthy. for all the work he did on compiling Storm's posts, really the only thing to look at is the question he posed about the relationship between Storm and Pendio, so i'm not townreading him for the Big Post rn.

And to top it all off, one more interesting thing.
Dekunut and Pancake both voted for [Storm] during [Day 1], that's noteworthy at least.
Pancake's vote is more suspicious to me because it was in response to Moe's wagon and it read to me like "look i voted for scum see :) not the townie see :) i'm good :)"
i can't remember whether or not i already said that bit though, i swear i did

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Pancake's vote is more suspicious to me because it was in response to Moe's wagon and it read to me like "look i voted for scum see :) not the townie see :) i'm good :)"
i can't remember whether or not i already said that bit though, i swear i did
I still can't make sense of what you and fused are trying to pull so I am just gonna drop it for now but I will respond to this. I didn't agree with the moe wagon. I felt like people were voting for him just because they didn't like him. Why would I jump on that wagon and hammer him then? I felt the same about Yiga. I didn't find him inherently scummy and didn't want to hammer him so I decided not to vote. I actually felt like Storm was scummy because nothing he was posting made any sense. I said this all in my post when I voted for Storm. I also didn't know Deku switched his vote off of Storm because I was at the grocery store when I wrote the post and it took forever for me to write (and that also explains the Shroom mix-up because I wasn't really paying that much attention). I thought I was the 2nd vote on that wagon and was hoping people would give moe a chance and hop on the Storm wagon but that didn't end up happening. I find it more scummy that a bunch of people jumped on that wagon just because they didn't like how moe played. It was an easy wagon to jump on but no one it putting focus on that I just see people continually pointing out that me and Deku were the only ones happened to vote for Storm because we found him scummy and since he flipped scum it somehow makes us scum also? It doesn't make sense to me. I am pretty sure scum thought that moe wagon was a gift from the heavens. It was such an easy day 1 mislynch and it was so obvious too seeing as again, most people only voted for him because "he was too difficult to play with".

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
what you and fused are trying to pull
nope. we're not together. not a team. not an anything. no "we." He made a move and I'm hoping I haven't read him incorrectly. That's all.
I wasn't really paying that much attention
if you weren't paying attention then how were you suspicious of anything

unless you just weren't paying attention at that specific moment in which case i'm just nitpicking and misreading but the way you worded it (and mistaking storm for someone who hasn't played mafia in years) makes it sound to me like you just weren't paying attention at all and just threw in a last minute "wait no :( don't lynch the townie :( :("
you were ****posting basically the entire day so it makes sense to me that you weren't paying attention anyway
It was an easy wagon to jump on but no one it putting focus on that I just see people continually pointing out that me and Deku were the only ones happened to vote for Storm because we found him scummy and since he flipped scum it somehow makes us scum also?
I've already explained more than once why it looks suspicious to me. You made that post three hours before the day ended. did you really expect people to switch wagons from someone who was uncooperative just because you asked nicely

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
nope. we're not together. not a team. not an anything. no "we." He made a move and I'm hoping I haven't read him incorrectly. That's all.

if you weren't paying attention then how were you suspicious of anything

unless you just weren't paying attention at that specific moment in which case i'm just nitpicking and misreading but the way you worded it (and mistaking storm for someone who hasn't played mafia in years) makes it sound to me like you just weren't paying attention at all and just threw in a last minute "wait no :( don't lynch the townie :( :("
you were ****posting basically the entire day so it makes sense to me that you weren't paying attention anyway

I've already explained more than once why it looks suspicious to me. You made that post three hours before the day ended. did you really expect people to switch wagons from someone who was uncooperative just because you asked nicely
From what I see you guys seem like you are together since you keep following his every move

(I wasn't paying attention to what I was writing thanks for missing the point of that entire explination where I was mainly trying to point out that I wasn't aware that deku changed his vote)

A lot can happen in 3 hours. I tried at least.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Also the whole "don't lynch townie :)" "I lynched scum so I am innocent" **** you're doing is really condescending and is pissing me off immensely so please stop :)

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
you keep following his every move
i only voted at the very end of the day yesterday when he wouldn't vote for you

i have a fantastic reason for following fused today which could all fall apart once he answers my question. if he's not 100% sure then i'll vote for you instead.

Sorry I offended you with my wording, I didn't mean to. If I refer to your vote on Storm again I'll use something else.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Oh hi guys. I'm glad my vote on DekuNut kicked up conversation, that was kinda the point ;)

To answer your question LG, no I'm not sure Deku is scum. I wasn't the biggest fan of his late Day readlist, it was really weak and seemed to have just been thrown together because I asked him. I highly highly doubt he would have posted it had I not asked and thus it caught my eye. Tbh it was a pressure vote, I was feeling a bit confrontational the day I did it and had decided during Night 2 that Deku was my top target.

I will also add that I'm not the biggest fan of his post about Pendio. Not really much substance there. I'll keep my vote on him for now until I get a better read on everyone else.

But that's not all! I've got plenty of questions and comments for ya'll. Here goes:

I feel like I'm dying.

Well that would be because you are dying. Everyone is ;)

Not particularly. My thoughts regarding her have remained the same. Though I did express when I layed forth my thoughts on her that they were more so observations than actual suspicions. Just something that makes me keep an extra close eye on her.

I have been reading through the thread again, and I've found myself becoming more suspicious of Heroine of Time for various reasons. She has made the least amount of posts, which in itself isn't really suspicious since I know it's been part of how she plays ever since the old days. But what's different here is that the few posts that she does make haven't been very long to compensate for the fact that there are fewer of them. IIRC she's usually been making some pretty lengthy posts to catch up on everything that's happened since she last posted, but here her posts are roughly as long as anyone else's, but they're still few. Additionally her posts haven't really contained that much substance IMO. From what I was able to find she posted a lot of pretty obvious things like agreements and repeated statements from other members. With her vote for Moe she was seemingly the only one who voted with reasons being that she suspected him, however. But even that was a pretty late vote and the reasons she gave for suspecting him weren't overly convincing. She even admitted to not fully believing he was scum, but she still voted saying that she voted because she suspected him, and not because his play style rubbed her the wrong way. IDK, to me that seems a bit odd. And something else she's been doing is expressing some very positive or trusting statements towards other players and in response to accusations on other players. Seems to me like she's been trying to win the trust of certain players by doing this. I suppose I haven't seen her playing as toughly as I remember seeing her, and I can't help but view that as scummy since she's been Town in most of the games I've seen her play in the past.

Vote: Heroine of Time

Okay Mr. Pendio. I have a great many questions for you about this post right here. First of all, everything you say in this post was true yesterday (not irl day, in-game day). But yet never on Day 2 did you bring it up. Just wondering if you could clarify why you have decided to bring this up now of all times, because to me this looks like you are trying to divert attention away from Deku. Add in Deku's flip from being suspicious of you to saying that he "didn't actually find [Pendio's] posts super scummy, I am hypothesizing a potential connection here. Care to explain to me your thoughts on Deku?

I trust Fused. If he's wrong today then that goes away.

For-for-forever? If I'm wrong your trust is gone? :kawaii:

(again bringing up your weird connection with fused)

LG and I definitely have a weird connection. It's great though ;)

I still can't make sense of what you and fused are trying to pull so I am just gonna drop it for now but I will respond to this. I didn't agree with the moe wagon. I felt like people were voting for him just because they didn't like him. Why would I jump on that wagon and hammer him then? I felt the same about Yiga. I didn't find him inherently scummy and didn't want to hammer him so I decided not to vote. I actually felt like Storm was scummy because nothing he was posting made any sense. I said this all in my post when I voted for Storm. I also didn't know Deku switched his vote off of Storm because I was at the grocery store when I wrote the post and it took forever for me to write (and that also explains the Shroom mix-up because I wasn't really paying that much attention). I thought I was the 2nd vote on that wagon and was hoping people would give moe a chance and hop on the Storm wagon but that didn't end up happening. I find it more scummy that a bunch of people jumped on that wagon just because they didn't like how moe played. It was an easy wagon to jump on but no one it putting focus on that I just see people continually pointing out that me and Deku were the only ones happened to vote for Storm because we found him scummy and since he flipped scum it somehow makes us scum also? It doesn't make sense to me. I am pretty sure scum thought that moe wagon was a gift from the heavens. It was such an easy day 1 mislynch and it was so obvious too seeing as again, most people only voted for him because "he was too difficult to play with".

I actually love this so much because this is the exact reason I wanted to avoid a Day 1 "policy lynch". Pancake does such a great job explaining it here that I had to comment on it. We lost the most active player in the game, the player who really started conversation even thought he was wrong a lot he still pushed the game forward. We also lost his role, who knows what that was. I hated it from the start and this post just reminded me of how right I was. :/

So as far as Pancake and LG's little dispute here goes I do kinda agree with Pancake that LG's decision to trust me is at the very least her overestimating my abilities but it's definitely not an inherently scummy move. I would like to ask this, @PancakeSamurai: would you consider LG your number one target today? Furthermore, thoughts on Pendio and DekuNut?

@Libk where you at dude? You may be confirmed Townie but we still need your thoughts on input into this.

@Minish_Link ik you mentioned you are wary of Deku but how developed are those thought? Do you buy into my Deku and Pendio scumbud theory? Also, what's your take on the Pancake and LG debate?

@DekuNut are you and Pendio scumbuds? You can tell me the truth I won't be mad :)

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
well i'm a fool lol i based that **** on a whim

thought u had him 100%

Unvote

Vote: Pancake

back to my original suspicion

also
We lost the most active player in the game, the player who really started conversation even thought he was wrong a lot he still pushed the game forward.
Being active isn't always a good thing when you post multiple times in a row with one sentence and be over aggressive about little things. He made the game not fun. Tell me no one else in the game is starting conversations and pushing things forward. You're doing it. I'm doing it. That's just for starters. We didn't need him to "push the game forward," other people are doing that as well. Do you think that Heroine and Minish would be posting more if Moe was still around? Or would they have the exact same schedule that they do and post at the same time that they already are? You can't judge people just because they lynched someone who was active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom