• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread X-Mafia: Days of Future Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
Like I said earlier, Funnier did a vote on Deku, clearly going for a reaction. That reaction was you, very quickly joining his one man wagon for "pressure"

1 vote is pressure, but not much. 2 is plenty of pressure, but Deku passed that test in my mind.

Afterwards, Storm, you just say "nah, u gud" and I find that very suspicious. No one would ever say: "Pressure vote" when they are going for a pressure vote.

Thanks for the advice on not to say pressure vote.

Also, why would someone freak out over 1 vote. That's why I voted Deku. If anything, I think it may be possible you are scum buddies with Funnier. The way you jumped straight onto me and called it a trap. It's like it was a plan between you two, to lure a townie into that trap and turn the town against them.

But idk. :shrugs:

Pen

The game is on!
Day 1 Vote Tally:
YIGAhim - 1 (Doc)
Ayano Keiko - 1 (Ver-go-a-go-go)
DekuNut - 1 (funnier6)
Stormageden747 - 2 (YIGAhim, A Link In Time)

Not voting - Minish_Link, HylianEVAN, Tristan, DekuNut, Ayano Keiko, karu, Stormageden747, Ryuken

With 13 players alive it takes 7 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Sunday, February 4th 2018 at 11:59 PM CET. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...T2359&p0=239&msg=End+of+Day+1&font=slab&csz=1

Unvote

Unless I've really missed some meta developments during my long hiatus, it's rather fruitless to try and read Storm's actions as anything but random and meme-driven without any other information. It could be important later on, but he's just being his weird self here off the bat.

That being said, I'm totally down for him being the day one lynch, any chance to get a wild card like that out of the way quickly is a plus in my eyes. Yes, I'm still salty about what he did in that Avengers mafia game a few years back.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
Unvote

Unless I've really missed some meta developments during my long hiatus, it's rather fruitless to try and read Storm's actions as anything but random and meme-driven without any other information. It could be important later on, but he's just being his weird self here off the bat.

That being said, I'm totally down for him being the day one lynch, any chance to get a wild card like that out of the way quickly is a plus in my eyes. Yes, I'm still salty about what he did in that Avengers mafia game a few years back.

Wrong Storm there.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Unvote

As the others said, this is a different Storm, hence why some of us refer to him as "Storma" instead of just "Storm". The one you're thinking of won't be in this section any time soon.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Almost forgot @Tristan you hoo sloth pal, it’s Saturday where are yaaaa.
I'm right here!

I mean I did say I wouldn't be posting until at least Saturday. My dad and stepmom ended up staying an extra day, so I decided to spend my Saturday hanging out with them who I don't see very often instead of spending it playing a game on an online forum with people I don't know IRL yet talk to nearly every day! :)

I'll probably wait until Day 2 to make a proper post tbh. I had a busy week and just finished my recital and I'm feeling really tired so I cba to catch up right now.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Kay I waited awhile and no discussion appeared so I suppose I’d better do something.

Unvote

Vote: Deku

I’m inclined to lynch you for purely paranoia related reasons unless you convince me otherwise or someone better comes along. Quite serious of course. Who will join me?! :ezlo:

@Minish_Link What do you propose we do?

Sorry for just now responding to this. Been a bit occupied and haven't gotten into the game much yet.

First off, gonna remove my rvs vote.

Unvote

Okay, so regarding everything that's happened recently. Yiga did seem a little rash with voting Storm and explaining funnier's plan. However, he does seem to be trying to apply his reasoning more, which is a step up from his usual gameplay. So for now I'm willing to give him a pass and see if he keeps it up. Mostly because I always tend to find him scummy and lynch him a lot as town, so since he's doing better already I want to give him a chance.

Storm's vote on Deku did seem a bit bandwagony. But he is a newer player and it seems in line with his normal play. I think he tends to act before he thinks a bit, so while I don't necessarily agree with his actions/reasoning I do see where he's coming from with his thought process.

And Deku I just always have trouble reading. He gives me scum vibes a lot, so I'm never sure of my opinions on him. Like his response to the two votes on him was pretty jokey, which seems a little odd to me. But also could just be town Deku not really worried about two 'serious' votes on him this early on. He's experienced as scum though, so I wouldn't expect him to panic under the pressure of a couple of votes if he is mafia this time.

So at the moment, I'm not entirely sure who to vote for. I think there's been some slightly scummy/off behavior, but nothing overtly so. Or rather, no one has seemed to be acting out of character from their usual play.

funnier6

Courage~
Unvote

Why not vote him then?
Unvote

A few people have said this is Storm's typical behavior so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm not sold on his explanation for why he changed his mind on Deku, but I'll give him a pass for the day.
Mkay, then who are you not giving a pas for the day?
I'm right here!

I mean I did say I wouldn't be posting until at least Saturday. My dad and stepmom ended up staying an extra day, so I decided to spend my Saturday hanging out with them who I don't see very often instead of spending it playing a game on an online forum with people I don't know IRL yet talk to nearly every day! :)

I'll probably wait until Day 2 to make a proper post tbh. I had a busy week and just finished my recital and I'm feeling really tired so I cba to catch up right now.
It’s not very muchh, get some basic reads and vote someone so I can read into it and scum read you laterrr.
Sorry for just now responding to this. Been a bit occupied and haven't gotten into the game much yet.

First off, gonna remove my rvs vote.

Unvote

Okay, so regarding everything that's happened recently. Yiga did seem a little rash with voting Storm and explaining funnier's plan. However, he does seem to be trying to apply his reasoning more, which is a step up from his usual gameplay. So for now I'm willing to give him a pass and see if he keeps it up. Mostly because I always tend to find him scummy and lynch him a lot as town, so since he's doing better already I want to give him a chance.

Storm's vote on Deku did seem a bit bandwagony. But he is a newer player and it seems in line with his normal play. I think he tends to act before he thinks a bit, so while I don't necessarily agree with his actions/reasoning I do see where he's coming from with his thought process.

And Deku I just always have trouble reading. He gives me scum vibes a lot, so I'm never sure of my opinions on him. Like his response to the two votes on him was pretty jokey, which seems a little odd to me. But also could just be town Deku not really worried about two 'serious' votes on him this early on. He's experienced as scum though, so I wouldn't expect him to panic under the pressure of a couple of votes if he is mafia this time.

So at the moment, I'm not entirely sure who to vote for. I think there's been some slightly scummy/off behavior, but nothing overtly so. Or rather, no one has seemed to be acting out of character from their usual play.
I don’t know, Yiga doesn’t seem particularly more towny than he’s been before imo.

You understand his thought process? Do tell.

That’s why I voted Deku you know, he’s never been scum so my paranoia tells me he HAS to be this time.

Okay so the thing is, I’ve already said I think the best thing right now is to get a bunch of votes on stormy and get a claim out of him and then if satisfied we’ll switch to someone else possibly Deku. What’s everybody think?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I don’t know, Yiga doesn’t seem particularly more towny than he’s been before imo.

I don't think he's looking particularly townie. But I think he's putting more effort into his thought processes, and genuinely trying to better his play. That's not necessarily townie, since he could be scum trying a different tactic so he doesn't get lynched. But it's not scummy enough for me to think he's mafia right now without seeing more from him. You know how I usually read Yiga, so I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt for now because he does seem to be trying to scum hunt this time.

You understand his thought process? Do tell.

My reason for the change in heart was, if Deku was Scum, why would he just make a joke with 2 votes on him. If he was scum he would have tried to explain himself, but he didn't. That is why I'm leaning towards town for him.

Also, why would someone freak out over 1 vote. That's why I voted Deku. If anything, I think it may be possible you are scum buddies with Funnier. The way you jumped straight onto me and called it a trap. It's like it was a plan between you two, to lure a townie into that trap and turn the town against them.

I forgot to say this, but I'm getting scummy vibes from YIGA. The way he said funnier's pressure vote on Deku was a "trap." It's like he knew something we didn't. Perhaps Funnier and YIGA are scum buddies. Also, he jumped on me for my pressure vote on Deku, but not Funnier's.

I think these quotes sum up his thought process pretty well. I didn't say it was a great thought process, but for a new player who seems to be a bit all over the place, I think he did a decent job of explaining his line of reasoning here. He does a bit of omgus here, which doesn't look great, but that's not unusual for newer players to do. But his thought of Yiga and you being possible scum buds seems like it's an effort to find scum and look for make connections.

That’s why I voted Deku you know, he’s never been scum so my paranoia tells me he HAS to be this time.

Funny thing, he was scum a lot when I first started playing, so I guess that's why I always scum read him. I think his scum/town play seems to be fairly similar so that's an issue with trying to read him too.

Okay so the thing is, I’ve already said I think the best thing right now is to get a bunch of votes on stormy and get a claim out of him and then if satisfied we’ll switch to someone else possibly Deku. What’s everybody think?

Hm, I'm not sure about voting someone to force a claim seeing as it could out some very useful roles early on. I'd rather try to find someone I feel is scummy and vote for them. Basically players like Yiga and Storm are easy lynches, so while their posts right now might seem odd, I'm a little hesitant to vote for them day 1 because I feel like it could be scum trying to push for a simple lynch. Because like I said, I don't quite agree with their posts, but considering the types of players they are they don't seem scummy/AI.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Basically players like Yiga and Storm
We need to do an irl mafia game sometime on Skype or something for everyone on ZD. I'm much better at that.

We need a lynch here if we ever want to get anywhere, and while I'm almost battling myself here when I'm driving in Storm's lynch, my gut reaction of his reaction towards the Funnier vote on Deku is something I'm going to stick with. The "Funnier and YIGA are scumbuds" thing was just me making a huge mistake by stepping on Funnier's plan.

If we go into tomorrow with nothing, it won't be good

funnier6

Courage~
I don't think he's looking particularly townie. But I think he's putting more effort into his thought processes, and genuinely trying to better his play. That's not necessarily townie, since he could be scum trying a different tactic so he doesn't get lynched. But it's not scummy enough for me to think he's mafia right now without seeing more from him. You know how I usually read Yiga, so I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt for now because he does seem to be trying to scum hunt this time.

I think these quotes sum up his thought process pretty well. I didn't say it was a great thought process, but for a new player who seems to be a bit all over the place, I think he did a decent job of explaining his line of reasoning here. He does a bit of omgus here, which doesn't look great, but that's not unusual for newer players to do. But his thought of Yiga and you being possible scum buds seems like it's an effort to find scum and look for make connections.

Funny thing, he was scum a lot when I first started playing, so I guess that's why I always scum read him. I think his scum/town play seems to be fairly similar so that's an issue with trying to read him too.

Hm, I'm not sure about voting someone to force a claim seeing as it could out some very useful roles early on. I'd rather try to find someone I feel is scummy and vote for them. Basically players like Yiga and Storm are easy lynches, so while their posts right now might seem odd, I'm a little hesitant to vote for them day 1 because I feel like it could be scum trying to push for a simple lynch. Because like I said, I don't quite agree with their posts, but considering the types of players they are they don't seem scummy/AI.
I always give him the benefit of the doubt but I rarely ever find a real reason to read him one way or the other so I like to know what others think.

My problem with that is that it’s stated afterward and not during, and yeah he’s new, but it’s a lot easier to make up something afterward then being stuck in stone saying it at once. So it’s not quite enough for me to see a real process unless you’re sure all of that’s true, and if it is it would’ve made more sense to give it at the same time as the voting and unvoting. I’m not disagreeing I just mean it has more characteristics of an ingenuine thought process than a genuine one so it reads more to me noob scum than noob town atm, which presents the usual dilemma of him being impossible to read which is why I feel the best way to remove as a distraction would be for him to claim under pressure of death as it would be hard for mafia to claim and not get counter claimed and if he doesn’t it would make him almost sure town and avoid a mislynch later on. Even if he has a super important town role at least this prevents a mislynch day two and gives us time to focus elsewhere.

Actually you give me an idea, we likely have a cop, and whoever that is would be doing us a big favor in checking up on Yiga and stormy provided they stay alive, I feel that would be very helpful.

But then if you don’t agree with me still we ought to lynch someone, who do you suggest then? @Doc why so quiet.

I’m going with what I think is best.

Unvote

Vote: Stormy
We need to do an irl mafia game sometime on Skype or something for everyone on ZD. I'm much better at that.

We need a lynch here if we ever want to get anywhere, and while I'm almost battling myself here when I'm driving in Storm's lynch, my gut reaction of his reaction towards the Funnier vote on Deku is something I'm going to stick with. The "Funnier and YIGA are scumbuds" thing was just me making a huge mistake by stepping on Funnier's plan.

If we go into tomorrow with nothing, it won't be good
I accidentally bolded this entire quote, oh well.

Irl mafia and forum mafia are very different, ya gotta git gud.

If you weren’t voting stormy who would you be voting?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I don't think I'm being super quiet. I am trying to make sense of the situation. I retain that I do not find Storma's actions to be all that scummy. Bandwagoning and flip flopping into these extremes is kinda part of his meta. But I also get that some people see this as a distraction that's worth taking out now.

I'm not opposed to pressuring a role out of Storma at this point, because I don't see how else we can get a bit more information out of his lynch.

Unvote
Vote: Stormagedddddddden

I feel the best way to remove as a distraction would be for him to claim under pressure of death

Assuming Storma claims a role, do you have anyone else you find particularly scummy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom