• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild OMG I'm bored of BOTW.

JakeIsSoSpicy

Sexy and Stylish
I've put 115 hours into BOTW. (i know some have put in at least triple my time...) I've been sooo bored of it and was wondering if you have any tips to get back into it and get more done.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Can't say I was ever particularly interested in it in the first place. Nobody should have to go looking for a fun time playing their games. But if you insist on playing, I suggest you just... well, play. Run around. Mess around. Screw with stuff. Try to break the game. Do weird things. Opin WHARRLD!! games are supposed to be good for that sorta thing.

Failing all else, well... I guess BotW just never was all that exciting to begin with. :shrug:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Im not surprised! BoTW is a boring game. It has a short main story and some memories to collect (which are basically the most boring cutscenes in all of gaming). Besides that what is there to do? Run around the world and Collect 900 pointless seeds....? Not for me thank you.

Just move on to another game or take up knitting.

Ninja

Well well well
After 115 hours, I'm sure in any game you would be short on things to do.

Why don't you replay the game again with your own challenge? Have you tried Master Mode? Try a no clothes game. Or using as less hearts and stamina wheels as possible.

Time for another game.

JakeIsSoSpicy

Sexy and Stylish
After 115 hours, I'm sure in any game you would be short on things to do.

Why don't you replay the game again with your own challenge? Have you tried Master Mode? Try a no clothes game. Or using as less hearts and stamina wheels as possible.

Time for another game.

Nah. I'm terrible at BoTW. I get killed at every freaking corner xD

JakeIsSoSpicy

Sexy and Stylish
Well thanks all. I generally got the same answer:
Yes, it is boring but you've put in a lot of time. Play a different game!

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Im not surprised! BoTW is a boring game. It has a short main story and some memories to collect (which are basically the most boring cutscenes in all of gaming). Besides that what is there to do? Run around the world and Collect 900 pointless seeds....? Not for me thank you.

Just move on to another game or take up knitting.
I don't know :P
It's okay to not like the game, but to say the game is just about collecting Korok Seeds(of which the game was designed to not collect them all, only about 200 is really necessary), is a fallacy.

There is:
Finding 120(Now 136) Shrines that each have their own puzzles and challenges, and provide the main upgrades of the game.
Finding 4 Fairy Fountains hidden throughout the game, which will upgrade your gear
Building an entire town from scratch
Going through 4(now 5) Divine Beasts.
Playing minigames such as Boom Bowling, Horseback Riding, Archery, Flight Mini Games.
Finding horse stables.
Collecting materials which are scattered throughout the world.
Searching chests in the overworld for nice weapons.
Finding a Horse God.
Fighting enemies, which then nets you more materials for money, upgrades to armor, or for potions.
Finding all 12 memories which provide story cutscenes.
Finding unique shops, such as a shop that lets you dye your armor, or a monster shop.
Mining Ore for money and upgrades
Finding Kass within the overworld for a unique Shrine Quest
Locating the 3 dragons, and doing the tasks associated with them.
Finding the Master Sword within the lost woods.
Starting sidequests that build new shops, for new and unique equipment.
Finding unique armor pieces, such as the Zora Armor set, or the Barbarian Set(which are some of the most useful armor in the game).
Finding and taming new and unique horses(such as Zelda's Horse, the Giant Horse, or Ganon's horse)

It's okay if these things aren't for you, but being reductive and stating hyperboles is not going to suite you any favors. There is plenty to do within the game, yet you choose the content that os the least consequential, and something that is not even the main content of the game. It's like saying that in Ocarina of Time, "All you do is collect 100 skulltulas". It's just as erroneous of a statement and provides the exact same implication.

As for you OP.
BotW is designed so you can finish the game once you think you have had your fair share of content. It's okay that the game isn't for you, no game ever will be. So just finish the game, beat Ganon, and be done with it(if you hadn't already). There is no need to "force" yourself to like it, it's perfectly okay to not like it. So just try playing a game you enjoy!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
If you are bored playing, then perhaps another game. If you are stuck/lost, not sure where to go next, perhaps provide info on where you are and where you have been and people can give you pinpointers on where you might want to go next. Saying how many hours you've put in will not really tell us much, because for all we know you might have done all the shrines/divine beasts and beaten Ganon or you might have just gone around collecting things and killing mobs. You might have been all over the world, or you might have just been at a couple of regions.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I personally love Korok hunting right now... I don't know why. Maybe you should do that. Get the DLC if you don't have it right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom