• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild [Interview] The Future Content of BotW and/or Zelda

Ninja

Well well well
Saw this on IGN and thought it would be something interesting to discuss. A Link to the Article. Here are some excerpts.

Hidemaro Fujibayashi on Future Content said:
“I can't say at this point if it will be in sequels or in continuations, or what form it will take, but I definitely have lots of ideas and lots of motivation right now,” Fujibayashi told IGN.

Hidemaro's thoughts while developing BotW said:
“I think while we were working on both the main game and the DLC, it was a process of constantly getting lots of different, new ideas as we refined the game, and finding new things we wanted to do,” he added. “Even in situations like this, talking to people and finding out that people want to pet dogs gives me a lot of motivation, a lot of ideas for things we could put into the game.”

Hidemaro on what he learned from making DLC said:
“What we learned from the DLC this time around is that it's almost like raising the world or enhancing the world,” produer Eiji Aonuma added. “In the past, we always had to start from zero again, to completion. Usually we'd be thinking, ‘oh, I wish we could add this, we could do that.’ What we couldn't do in that game, we would start fresh in a new game. But because we did a DLC, we realized it's a great way to kind of just improve that world, and kind of enhance it, and kind of raise it like your own child.”

Of course, he gives a pretty vague, generic answer when asked about future content. Given on how much feedback they've gotten from the Master Trials and Champions Ballad packs, one can assume that they are open to new ideas and additions to BotW.

It's great the Hidemaro finds great motivation in all of the ideas and comments from the Zelda fanbase. What gives me hope for future content is in the third excerpt from the article, where he says that DLC is a great way to improve and enhance the game.

Assuming that the next main Zelda title will recycle the blueprint/engine of BotW (so the production time decreases), I'm hopeful that we will get further updates to BotW and perhaps even another expansion. I want to see some numbers on how many people bought the expansion pass. Is $20 enough for them to look staff for, and develop pack three? Will we just get smaller updates like more gear and accessories? Or is it better for them on focusing on another Zelda title complete with the dungeons and boss fights we are used to?

Interesting stuff.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Literally Nintendo right now:
tenor.gif

I'm sure there are many fans who are like "JUST GIVE US THE HOOK/CLAWSHOTS ALREADY," but seeing how Nintendo's realized the can of goodies they've opened up excites me. I'm sure they'll be using BotW to hold us over until "BotW 2" comes out. Maybe a 2d/psuedo 2d game comes out next and they use the DLC to promote that game.
At this point, I think there are two possibilities...
1) We won't see the True Ending be expanded on until "BotW 2."
2) True Ending Post-Game is the final DLC Pack we get.
The way the True Ending dialogue is worded makes me lean toward the latter. It'll probably be a long time before we see this game reach the end of its life, so Nintendo must have a lot planned for it. Perhaps they have another new wacky, unprecendented item for a Zelda game in the works, and I predict it's...
8198aaf3571137917cdd849e6fbdfdd5.jpg

Yep. A gun. You saw it here, folks.

So Nintendo are considering new content. If or when it'll happen has not been hinted at yet. Nothing is alive yet. There's nothing here to be hyped at. They are just saying they have ideas. That's great. They have ideas all of the time. 99% of their ideas never make it into released products, but the 1% that does is amazing (usually).

@Ryuken
I see a 3rd possibility. There is nothing more concrete (at the moment) planned for the Zelda IP and this is just the team speaking aloud about the ideas they constantly have all of the time.

Ryuken

@Ryuken
I see a 3rd possibility. There is nothing more concrete (at the moment) planned for the Zelda IP and this is just the team speaking aloud about the ideas they constantly have all of the time.
latest

edgeworth-smirk(a).gif

Allow me to quote something that has been recently tweeted by @AllSourceGaming (click the tag for the full thread):
Aonuma confirms that work on the next Zelda has already begun. --@PushDustIn

12:04 AM • Dec 18, 2017
If you check the thread itself, Source Gaming goes on to say that the info comes from the BotW book "Master Works" that recently released in Japan. He provides images and early concepts from the book as well, such as the goron wearing sunglasses, a gunslinger look for Revali, a Gerudo with a hookshot, and- best of all- Link riding a cucco like a chocobo.

The ideas they spoke of could be used in the next Zelda game, whether it be BotW 2 or a psuedo 2D styled game. Perhaps when the next Zelda comes out, more DLC to promote it.

Allow me to quote something that has been recently tweeted by @AllSourceGaming (click the tag for the full thread):

If you check the thread itself, Source Gaming goes on to say that the info comes from the BotW book "Master Works" that recently released in Japan. He provides images and early concepts from the book as well, such as the goron wearing sunglasses, a gunslinger look for Revali, a Gerudo with a hookshot, and- best of all- Link riding a cucco like a chocobo.
That quote is unsubstantiated evidence. Nowhere has anyone from Nintendo outright said they are working on a new specific Zelda project. I read that quote before I said my above post here.
Also the mater works book is just new ideas. New ideas occur all of the time. The teams are constantly thinking of new things that they might one day use. This doesn't mean they are directly working on a new specific Zelda related project.

There is proof that they are still continually coming up with new ideas for the franchise. When they start working on a specific new Zelda Project, I'm sure we'll know about it.

Ryuken

That quote is unsubstantiated evidence. Nowhere has anyone from Nintendo outright said they are working on a new specific Zelda project. I read that quote before I said my above post here.
Also the mater works book is just new ideas. New ideas occur all of the time. The teams are constantly thinking of new things that they might one day use. This doesn't mean they are directly working on a new specific Zelda related project.

There is proof that they are still continually coming up with new ideas for the franchise. When they start working on a specific new Zelda Project, I'm sure we'll know about it.
That is true. I'm aware that the quote is unsubstantiated at the moment, so consider it a hunch. The comments they leave, albeit ambiguous, leave me more hopeful for DLC than not. And yes, it's assuring that they're still coming up with ideas.

Should they choose to focus on the next Zelda game, a more traditional style would be pretty welcome. I want that satisfaction that comes from getting a dungeon item and using it to explore areas you couldn't before. While being wowed by BotW's world, I missed that aspect in its Hyrule and Divine Beasts.

That is true. I'm aware that the quote is unsubstantiated at the moment, so consider it a hunch. The comments they leave, albeit ambiguous, leave me more hopeful for DLC than not. And yes, it's assuring that they're still coming up with ideas.

Should they choose to focus on the next Zelda game, a more traditional style would be pretty welcome. I want that satisfaction that comes from getting a dungeon item and using it to explore areas you couldn't before. While being wowed by BotW's world, I missed that aspect in its Hyrule and Divine Beasts.
My best guess is they are exploring these concepts as we speak. So they can be fully fleshed out and when a new game is to be made they already have some good ideas they can use as potential starting points.
I agree with you that the team still coming up with ideas means they are tored fo the series yet. They believes the series has very long legs. That's a good thing. Zelda is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain

Actually it is. It was translated from the most recent Legend of Zelda art book, that showed off lost designs, development, and what's next. Source Gaming merely translated it.

Ryuken

Actually it is. It was translated from the most recent Legend of Zelda art book, that showed off lost designs, development, and what's next. Source Gaming merely translated it.
edgeworth-thinking(a).gif

It's unsubstantiated in the fact that we don't have the "official quote" yet. We just have word of mouth.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
edgeworth-thinking(a).gif

It's unsubstantiated in the fact that we don't have the "official quote" yet. We just have word of mouth.
If you could read Japanese, you would see the same thing from the pages.
It's the same book called the "Master Book" that detailed very early enemy designs that took more of a lovecraftian style
image.jpeg
All source gaming is also a refutable translator. They do not make anything up, merely translate what's on the page for anything Japanese exclusive. This is an "official word" just not in our native language.

@Lozjam
There's always something next. It's what good studios do. They never let their team stagnate between projects. I believe noe is the between projects time, though they have done a lot of work on various designs. The work has been done, there's proof of that. It's just not afficially credited to any project yet as that's not yet been decided based on the recent quotes from Aonuma and others I've read.

It's all just concept art at this point in time.
Also the 3rd quote in the original post here is Aonuma, not Hidemaro.

I do think the next game if it's in Switch will be a Majoras Mask, as in have some new assets but use a lot from the previous game (ie BotW). Aonuma's quote in the first post here basically sums this up. If they don't have to start from scratch this time round they will not. it's a smart move because everything they made in BotW is very good to use as a base for the next game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom