• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Mafia: The Legend of Korra Book Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Good game and very well played, Mafia!

After having read the Mafia QT I have one question. Why did you think I was the Poison Doctor?

Also, thanks for hosting ALIT! :)
We thought you were the poison doctor because you were the first and only one that brought up the possibility of there being a poisoner during day 1. We were unfortunately wrong, but it ended up not mattering anyway! :)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Good game, everyone! We had a solid team, but in spite of the loss of morale, the Town was very close to pulling together near the end. I was very confused by the large amount of Vanilla Townies that kept popping up, especially since there wasn't any sign of a killing role besides the SK. In that regard, I feel as though our team was pretty OP with two kills expected for each phase respectively, but Alit added in quite a few defensive roles to compensate. Getting motivated on Night 2 worked unexpectedly in our favor.

Good job to the mafia.

Looks like my target of EMIYA sealed the fate of the town :/ Oops...
For the longest time I thought that it was Bok who was the Town Motivator since he kept on hinting at trusting me. Mido was my second suspect due to him being easy to side with. I probably wouldn't have opted to NK you otherwise.

XD I totally knew that Minish, yiga, and Emiya were all scum when they all teamed up on me for no apparent reason lol. Gg mafia, that was a frustrating game
If it's any consolation, I felt bad about voting for you since it was your first time being Town and even considered unvoting at one point. We didn't really have much of a choice, though, since it was our only chance to preserve our numbers before the final round.

Good game and very well played, Mafia!

After having read the Mafia QT I have one question. Why did you think I was the Poison Doctor?

Also, thanks for hosting ALIT! :)
When I saw you mention that there was more than one way to kill Storm's vengeful roleclaim (ie poison), I took it as a subtle indication that you were either the Poison Doctor or a Day Cop and had investigated Mezlo already. Sorry for turning your hunch against you lol. Pretty surprising how right you were, regardless.

Mido

Version 1
For the longest time I thought that it was Bok who was the Town Motivator since he kept on hinting at trusting me. Mido was my second suspect due to him being easy to side with. I probably wouldn't have opted to NK you otherwise.

dagger.png

Pen

The game is on!
If the Mafia has a Poisoner on their team they will probably just poison Storm tonight. I know the chances of that are rather slim, but it is possible, no matter how improbable. I mean, there's always ways to get around the Bomb gimmick. Assuming Storm is even speaking the truth, that is.

So this post was the death of me :kawaii:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I thought it was a weird plan for Minish to save Yiga since that automatically outed both of them instead of just one, but it makes a lot more sense in the context of the mafia having two kills. I was doubting you @Minish_Link but you regained my confidence in you.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm beginning to think I have a naturally scummy play style lol. I was playing exactly the same way I would have had I been town, including the proposal for majority (which really was for selfish reasons, I just wanted to lynch Storm as fast as possible. It wasn't just because I was scum and wanted a lynch, if it was any other player I would've backed off). My vote on YIGA over Dom is something I would've done had I been town, and my "reads" of people were basically how I would've read people had I been town. So I think I'm just naturally scummy because my ideologies differ so much from so many people.

I was really scared after I read the end of Day 3, because all three of my scumbuds piled on Dom while Minish tied it up and thus saved YIGA. Then I realized that it really didn't matter because we had the double kill and would've won today anyway. Now if Miss Cucco had used her Sensor shot on the Dom lynch... Well then ****, we would've been burnt toast lmao. I also tried to distance myself from the others as much as possible whilst laying low to try to keep attention away from them had I been lynched. Seemed to have worked pretty well.

Overall, this was a fun game. Thanks Alit for hosting, and thanks to my scum team for being awesome! :D And kudos to Mido for your reads this game, you had us scared with your successful reads of both me and Minish and your wariness of EMIYA and YIGA. :bubsy:
No matter how much you think you're playing the same, you probably aren't. Just in your demeanor and tone you are almost certainly different, even if it's in small ways. The knowledge of being scum alone makes you play differently.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Yes indeed I agree with ALIT, my reckless playstyle leads me to be the Link who cried Dodongo. But either way, it was a lot of fun playing town, and staying alive the whole way, maybe the mafia will make me their secretary or something ;)

Some final thoughts before Bok posts his game:

1. The mafia team was extremely coordinated and talkative in scum chat. They were always on the lookout for PRs and even though their early accuracy was lacking, they eventually sniffed out a few key ones with help from funnier. Aside from YIGA, they were not too active and allowed the town to devour itself.

2. I thought funnier played solid, but things were not in his favor this game. Too many people applied the gambler's fallacy towards him and Dom having to be scum. I gave the SK a bulletproof vest to make it easier for them to survive to the end, which is something I believe I didn't do in the first two Korra games.

3. There was too little reevaluation by a lot of people on the town side. Once they had someone lumped in as town or scum, they largely stuck to it. This made good reads by the likes of Mido and Dom go unnoticed. I think the lynch of Storm on Day 1 set the tone for the rest of the game as activity significantly dwindled on Day 2 onwards, which always hurts town.

4. Regarding the set-up, I wanted it to be more defense vs. offense for town and mafia, respectively, so there would be more solving for town to win after vigs played a large part in the first two Korra games. But the mafia team was too strong overall, while town was only strong in specific situations. A motivation on the town sensor would have been amazing for town but very unlikely to happen. I probably should have made the poisoner either an odd or even night role to limit its utility and allowed the healer to target two people per night since they were to be predictive. Also, I would have tossed out one VT for a bulletproof.

Overall, I am satisfied with this game, but I will keep these things in mine for the last Korra game (hopefully to be hosted by 2020 ;P).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom