• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dollhouse mafia: Did that thing just stare back?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mido

Version 1
So your lynch candidate would be based on playstyle, rather overt scuminess, which we haven't had much of?

Who would you like to vote for?

Admittedly so, since my main qualm with Cthulhu-now-Tristan was the discreet wagon move, however, I'm also intrigued by ALIT's proclamation on Linkdude, as he's brought up an interesting dynamic with his vote toward Storm. I think there's a bit more to work with on this scenario, and given the time we have left, I will entertain such a notion.

After reading the previous posts, I have my eye on Linkdude. He has the least posts of any player, besides Tristan, who's a replacement, and he was the first one to suggest the mafia might have an additional night kill in addition to controlling the puppet master. Not to mention, the only meaningful vote Linkdude made was for Storm, who seems like a better policy lynch if anything.

As I said before, Storm is a bit of a wildcard, but he played a bit safer in Lineages when he was scum. I'm hesitant to call Day 1 Storm shenanigans a town tell, but I'm inclined to believe he's town who simply burst out in annoyance at the prospect of another Day 1 lynch.

This is an interesting point about Linkdude, actually. I didn't quite take note of the setup comment he made, but I did find his vote on Storm rather interesting. His reasons were decent enough, but he potentially could have desired to make Storm an easy target. This all being said, I agree with you on Storm.

Vote: Linkdude74

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I agree that it's not the strongest suspicion of LD, but there isn't very much to go on for anyone so early. Would you rather lynch Storm?

No he's leaning town for me, currently.
I just have my eyes set on someone else, but its circumstantial. I need more than a day 1 read.

I'd be okay with LD, as its pretty much a policy lynch in my eyes.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
@kokirion I'm not sure if you can answer this or not, but can you confirm whether or not the mafia get a factional kill?

Regarding Linkdude, I'm neutral on him at this moment. I don't know if I've ever played with him, if I have then it was years back and I don't know his playstyle at all. Him being the first to mention the possibility of there being a factional mafia kill is strange, but I don't think it's really a scum tell, not to me at least, unless we know that the mafia in fact doesn't have a factional kill.

Regarding Deku, he's playing the way he usually plays whether town or mafia. He generally doesn't contribute much during the first day and posts sarcastically, which makes him somewhat difficult to read as a result.

Mido and Jamie have town points to me for fighting so strongly against the possibility of a factional mafia kill, using reasons that basically mirror my own thoughts on the matter.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
@Viral Maze ,who else is your mind on? And what makes me policy lynch?
I'm sorry about my low posts. I actually thought I was contributing more than that. Meh. I guess I thought that because of the storm wagon and I was actually posting a bit for that. I still argue that storm is better policy lynch but I'm trying to understand why I'm one. If only because I'm contributing just a little bit more than storm. Storm seeming to give up is odd though. Also, I only brought it up as a possibility that mafia could still have their night kill. @A Link In Time , could you explain why bringing this up matters? I could see if I stated it as a fact then yeah I'd be suspicious of me too. I dropped the idea after others explained why that idea was probably false. I didn't argue against people saying mafia probably doesn't have a factional kill, it makes sense that they probably don't after explanations. I just need some more elaboration

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Edit: nvm It's late, and Im thinking out loud.
Let me rephrase that: What do you think of Dekunut?

I'm conflicted about Deku. He posted a lot more when he was mafia in Revival. I can't remember earlier games, so I'll have to check how his activity was there. Both Linkdude and Deku could be scum hiding among the inactives, but Libk's statements strike me as more odd for a townie to make.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
@Viral Maze ,who else is your mind on? And what makes me policy lynch?
@A Link In Time , could you explain why bringing this up matters? I could see if I stated it as a fact then yeah I'd be suspicious of me too. I dropped the idea after others explained why that idea was probably false. I didn't argue against people saying mafia probably doesn't have a factional kill, it makes sense that they probably don't after explanations. I just need some more elaboration

All of what you said is true, but I would rather lynch an inactive over Storm as his behavior aligns more closely with his usual town play. If it comes down to a Storm policy lynch, I am okay with that as well. We just need a lynch of some kind today to gather more information moving forward. It's certainly possible that you were inquiring about the set-up, but it could also be a scum slip.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Typically, unlimited shot vigs should shoot every night. But if you are new and can't make a good read, it's okay to holster, especially in a game this small where every death matters, and where mafia don't get a free kill every night (meaning a townie puppet master doesn't have to make up for the mafia kill by killing on their own).

I can buy into the no RVS, but do we really want to end this day lynch less? We could show up on day 2 with no lynch and no nk lol

We'll considering most of us are already on board with no rvs, I'd suggest you come back. We've got a lot to discuss here.

Anyway, I doubt that mafia would only be able to kill if they are a puppet master. All that needs to happen is town member don't kill and claim they were puppet master the next day, and that would force mafia to never use a night kill to seem town as well. That would be heavily in town side and kinda goes against the design of the game. So to repeat what viral said, be careful if you get puppet master and are town because it's very likely mafia still gets their factional kill.

So quick question, how is Jamie's bolded part, which was earlier in the thread, less of a possible scum slip than mine? Jamie seemed pretty certain mafia don't get an nk but I just said it's possible they could. I mean yeah sure he explained his reasoning later, and a couple other people explained it as well, but meh. Just pointing it out. It may mean nothing

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
With 2 houts left till the end of the night, this is the last vote tally before the lynch!

Vote Tally
Storm - 2 (Viral Maze, Cthulhu)
Linkdude74 - 2 (A Link In Time, Mido)

Not voting
Johnny Sooshi, Jamie, Dekunut, Linkdude74, Storm

With 9 possessed dolls, it take 5 votes to hammer.
Night 1 ends at Thursday 2 June, 12:00 CEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom