• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I'm at work and work is nuts these past few days. I've been able to pop my head into this thread and noticed my name flying around. I'll catch up and post tonight. Got nothing to do after work and don't think the gf will be coming over so mafia is bae tonight

The chances for both of them to survive the first night are very low, because
1. Both of them need to infact be doctors.
2. Both of them need to agree to use this technique (do you? @Malon @Storm).
3. There can't be a roleblocker in the mafia.

While I find your efforts to save both of them or at least get as much information as possible out of the scenario admirable, I disagree with your statement that only the mafia would benefit from having us lynch Storm or Malon today. To the contrary, if they have a roleblocker (and I think in a large game like this, it's highly likely that they do), the best course of action for them would be to lynch someone else today. This gives them:

1. A killed townie, potentially a powerrole if they get lucky.
2. An easy nightkill on the doctor, most likely Malon.
3. A town that will be convinced Storm is mafia and will lynch him on their own on Day 2.

It's in the mafia's best interest to keep suspicious town players alive, since those have the highest chance of being lynched by the town instead of one of their own.

With all that said, you do still make some pretty valid points, and seeing as I don't believe either of them to be mafia based on experience playing with them in the previous game, it might still be worthwile to go for it. The problem is, is there a good target to focus on? You've set your eyes on Pendio:

I can't say I'm completely sold on him to be honest. Pendio has quite the reputation around here, as do you by the way, so it's certainly feasible to suspect him of making a play like this as a scum member. I don't think there's enough grounds for a lynch, however, because his reasoning makes perfect sense for someone who has never played with Storm before, and just lynching him would potentially get rid of one of our strongest players - just what the mafia would like. Right, kokirion?

FoS: kokirion
Yes, I'll agree to use that technique.
Who is the Mafia member? Viral for starting the Storm Speed Lynch Club, or whatever it was called? Because that honestly wouldn't even work out in his favor if he really was Mafia, because it was just Day 1. Everyone would have unvoted by the Night phase. It's people claiming and counter-claiming that causes actual issues, and then someone ends up getting lynched who was really Town. Counter-claiming did nothing but cause more and more problems that is just too much for Day 1. You guys took the seriousness of this from 0 straight to 100 by doing that, and now the Mafia might very well be ready to lynch Storm for real. We have no idea. You guys already caused problems the first game, and now the second game, and I get you guys are new, but I am too. This is my second game as well. And I survived pretty well last game without giving up my role at a moment's notice. The point I'm trying to make is, don't do that next time, okay guys?
Firstly, the mafia member that I believe was trying to trick you is Storm. Secondly, isn't this game supposed to be serious?

Yes, I'll agree to use that technique.

Alright, that leaves @Storm. How about you?

Firstly, the mafia member that I believe was trying to trick you is Storm. Secondly, isn't this game supposed to be serious?

It is of course, but RVS on Day One usually is not. Taking it seriously was Storm's mistake, since he could have just voted for everyone to unvote him and go after someone else.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Lets go with the latter.
And since youre not Tristan tge high and Mighty, i will not answer the question

Storm

I cant agree to something i cant do. The Medic Claim was a farse and moreover a joke to disuade and buy me time, because i have an important role. One that the Synths would try to kill if they knew i was it. Because i hold in my hand the difference between heaven and hell

That pretty much confirms Malon as our Town Doctor then, which is unfortunate. We're likely going to lose two power roles in the next two nights, and I don't see much we can do about it, unfortunately.

Storm

Seeing as this game is custom, and Deku isnt going to tell. I believe everyone is a power role pretty much. Like a Soldier being a Veteran etc

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
= =
Admitting it at this point only makes matters worse...

Mijn god.

Now the mafia too knows you're both harmless. Your deaths now will be worthless and pointless.
I'm not gonna help the mafia even more by voting for you, but talking with you guys also ends here

Seeing as this game is custom, and Deku isnt going to tell. I believe everyone is a power role pretty much. Like a Soldier being a Veteran etc

Possible, though only theory at least until Day Two. If we get a ton of night actions we'll know more.

It's very unlikely that you are scum now, seeing as you were I believe the first one to bring up the colours by claiming Red Medic in particular (instead of just saying doctor). Unless I've overlooked something and someone else mentioned the colours first, you could only have known of their existence from your role PM.

Seeing as both players that had been paid attention to are very likely to be town, I think it would be wise to lynch someone else, if needed a policy lynch. @Storm, would it be of any use to you to use your night action, having Malon protect you? One of you is very likely to die anyway, so we might aswell make the best of it. If Malon publicly announces to protect you, he'll be the one getting targeted first, giving you a shot to use your ability.

As for who to lynch today, in my opinion it cannot be either Malon or Storm, but there's no particularly strong suspect. We might have to policy lynch if nothing else comes up.

This caught my eye. My reaction when I read Malon's post was thinking "please shut up, I hope nobody saw that", yet you inquire for more information? Did you want Malon to reveal his role?
I'm thinking this was just the fact that Hero is new to this and probably has seen that whenever someone makes such claims that they usually are told to prove it. However, this is still probably worth looking in to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom