• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Team Fortress 2: Mann vs. Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say i am on the Red Team
That does seem somewhat plausible. After all, even when you fakeclaimed, you mentioned the red team and the fact that there are teams despite allegedly never playing TF.

Also, another thing that might help clear your name is if you name the rest of the mafia members.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Now, if they only cure each other, we also have the disadvantage that the mafia can kill whomever they want to. We cannot prevent that, but we do can lessen this blow. That's why I propose the following: Why don't we ask Malon and Storm every night to go to random.org, and randomize a 0 and a 1. If it is 1 they cure the other, if it is 0 they cure someone else. (so if Malon gets a 1 he cures Storm, in case of a 0 he could protect someone else he wants to). This way, there would still be a 50% chance for both of them that they can still cure others, with a high chance that they themselves too are protected. For the mafia etc. we would raise the bar to target them, because the odds are 50/50 that such a kill fails, yet we do not give them the chance to freely target anyone who isn't them.

I actually like this idea. It's a decent way make sure they are who they say they are.

Also, @Storm I understand that you aren't acting any different than yourself, but you have to realize that a certain personality can seem inherently anti-town. By reacting this way people perceive it as a scum tell.

While I personally doubt Storm as scum I can see why people do consider him scrum this early. However, one for one trades by the mafia this early would be incredibly illogical. The game is 20 people so we can assume a maximum of 5 mafia following the general rule 4:1 town-mafia ratio. Additionally, an SK is certainly not impossible either, so I'm willing to bet it may be 4 scum and an SK. Same thing with a cult considering it's a large game.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Also, I have to ask Deku, is there Third-Party roles in this setup? I don't need any specifics, and you don't have to tell me if you don't want to for whatever reason, but I was curious before the game even started, but never thought to ask until now. Thanks.

See my above post on my thoughts. 3rd party is very possible in a larger game

If he's not joking, then he just confirmed himself to be mafia.

Also, in the case he is a townie, I kind of wonder if one of the original storm voters is a mafia member that was looking to start a bandwagon.

Pen

The game is on!
Pendio. You haven't said anything serious yet in this game. That's how I remember your scum style. Now prove me wrong and tell me what you think of my proposal

My scum style, huh? I did not know I had one. c:

Anyway, regarding your suggestion. I think it is clever, however, to me it would require me to trust in both of the role claims in order to go with that strategy. As it stands though, I cannot trust either one of them right now seeing as they both not only claim to be the same role, but the same colour too. I think there is a very good chance that one of them is Mafia. For one of them to be another Town role, well, that would make absolutely no sense to me, and I do not see how both could be Mafia. So in my eyes, it is almost certain that one of them is the real Doctor, while the other one is scum. Both of these two players will die very early on in the game no matter how we do this, so I say we get it over with as soon as we can so that we can actually get started with the game as soon as possible.

If he's not joking, then he just confirmed himself to be mafia.

Also, in the case he is a townie, I kind of wonder if one of the original storm voters is a mafia member that was looking to start a bandwagon.

Just checked, the first two were Pendio and Viral Maze. Seeing as it was Day One and RVS, I don't think you've got a strong argument, though you could argue Viral Maze could be taking advantage of Storm's behaviour in the prior game he was in, thinking that he'd easily cave in if pressured a little. Pendio had no idea unless he was reading that topic, which I doubt.

I think it'd be wise to keep this in mind, though I doubt there's much to it. Not enough for an FoS anyway.

Unvote: Storm

I'd like to give you another chance to redeem yourself, as like I said before, I don't believe you're scum. Please stop the ****posting though, i.e. things like "TED & BARNEY CONFIRMED!". It doesn't contribute to the game at all, and clutters up the thread.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
My scum style, huh? I did not know I had one. c:

Anyway, regarding your suggestion. I think it is clever, however, to me it would require me to trust in both of the role claims in order to go with that strategy. As it stands though, I cannot trust either one of them right now seeing as they both not only claim to be the same role, but the same colour too. I think there is a very good chance that one of them is Mafia. For one of them to be another Town role, well, that would make absolutely no sense to me, and I do not see how both could be Mafia. So in my eyes, it is almost certain that one of them is the real Doctor, while the other one is scum. Both of these two players will die very early on in the game no matter how we do this, so I say we get it over with as soon as we can so that we can actually get started with the game as soon as possible.
Shut up Nightwing

My problem with kokirion's solution is that couldn't their be a role disabler on the mafia side? Would'nt they would use that ability on of the doctors (if they are both doctors) and then kill the other one? I mean, they would still have to guess who is protecting who but isn't that a possible solution?

I think lynching someone is pretty important, but Storm, although annoying, doesn't seem scummy to me. Then again if Storm behaves like this the entire game, it would be a big problem.

I'd unvote him too, but I'm still kind of sucpicious that he claimed such a power role that he couldn't have even had which he would have had no reason to if he was town.

My problem with kokirion's solution is that couldn't their be a role disabler on the mafia side? Would'nt they would use that ability on of the doctors (if they are both doctors) and then kill the other one? I mean, they would still have to guess who is protecting who but isn't that a possible solution?

Good point, I hadn't thought of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom