• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What celebrities have you met?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This is a thread to share with the forum what celebrities you have met in real life. If you have a picture with them you can share it here also.

Who were they and what were the circumstances you met them in.

Also what do you think of them?

A celebrity is not your mate who appeared on a game show once. They need to be someone recognisable and have a wikipedia page.

Last edited:

Dan

What's the definition you are going by for celebrity in this thread? I don't consider people celebrities just for appearing on a game show.
I don't actually think I've met anyone that could be considered a celebrity anyway. :(

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I went to primary school with Rita Ora. I mainly remember everyone doing the 'kia ora' chant from the juice adverts at her but that's about it. She was a few years above me so I didn't have a lot to do with her really.
I've seen Proudlock, Millie, Caggie, Spencer, Sam and Jamie from Made In Chelsea. I live near Chelsea so it's all pretty close. I saw Proudlock coming out of a pound shop, Caggie on a bus, Millie on a bus (both of these were right near the start of MIC before they got big so yeah, although the Proudlock one was only a few weeks ago), Spencer coming out of Starbucks and Jamie coming out of a dance studio. I was sitting next to Sam last night at Nandos.
I met the late, great Amy Winehouse once outside the Brit Awards. She was really lovely and kind.
I passed Johnny Rotten in the street once and didn't realise why he was so familiar until I put a name to his face ten minutes later.
I met Mario from The Only Way Is Essex once, in a club. He was a ****. There is a photo somewhere but I wouldn't be able to find it. I almost forgot about this one tbh.
I've also seen Gordon Brown, former Prime Minister, in the flesh twice. One time was when I was taking part in a charity walk and he was there to endorse it (before he came PM), and once because he and some other MPs came into my school to be asked questions by the students- this was while he was actually PM.

Not sure if it counts but I almost met Peter Cullen and Matt Smith at different conventions but was unfortunately late both times. I've also met Tracy Hickman, Dave Wolverton, Howard Taylor, Lauren Faust, and Tara Strong.

Djinn

and Tonic
Quite a few in the animation and voice acting circles but I'm not entirely sure just how much of a celebrity those are.

I have met a lot of musicians in the past going to a lot of shows for several years. Pretty much all of Perfect Circle, GWAR, Twiggy Ramirez, Danny Carey of Tool, Tom Petty for an incredibly brief second, all of REM on numerous occasions but that's just because Athens is tiny, and many lesser known bands that came to the Georgia Theater or Tabernacle to play.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I hate to admit it, but when I was younger, I got to meet Jeanette McCurdy from iCarly at a mall once.

Other than her, I've met Noel Gallagher and Jake Bugg (I'm not happy with that boy right now -.-)

541937_280984305316729_100002154864830_640237_2000128889_n.jpg
(this pic of me, Noel, and this girl I met at the concert isn't supposed to exist teehee)

IMG_2366 (2).JPG

Pen

The game is on!
The most noteworthy celebrities I can think off right now that I've met and talked to and stuff are Lukas Moodysson, Corey Hirsch and Andre Savage.

Lukas Moodysson is mostly known as a film director even though he's done other things too. He's actually the dad of one of my old childhood friends who I've been acting with for several years in the same theater group. I haven't talked a whole lot to Lukas Moodysson, but back in 2011 I wrote the script to a play we did with the theater group, and after the premiere he came up to me, shook my hand, and congratulated me on my first play. ^^

Corey Hirsch and Andre Savage are two talented Canadian ice hokey players who played for the ice hockey team of my old home town back in 2005 and both became good friends with my family so we had them and their families over at our house several times during their stay here. They were really nice and I remember playing Mario Kart Double Dash with Corey Hirsch's son. :D

And here's links to their Wikipedia pages if anyone's interested btw, since that was mentioned in the opening post:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lukas_Moodysson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corey_Hirsch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_Savage

Most of you (all of you) won't know him, but I had the honor to sit in on a master class from the legend Andrew Bain, the principle horn of the Los Angeles Philharmonic.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
After my deployment, I was chosen to be individually congratulated by former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta. I have a photo of me shaking his hand in my dress uniform. He was a really nice guy in person—for the 5 minutes we talked at least :D It was an incredible honor because (1) I didn't know it was happening (I thought I was just getting a regular award from the base CO) and because (2) the only person higher on the military chain would have been Barack Obama himself.

It was a huge deal to me and it's one of the proudest moments of my life.

I still have the picture, but we just moved, so it's hidden away somewhere.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Just one. PZ Myers, a noted member of the atheist community.
419250_3461052087642_1365106896_n.jpg

When I met him, I greatly respected him. However today he's become one of the least intellectual, most scummy atheists. Joining the ranks of the regressive left that promotes censorship, anti-male bigotry, radical feminism. He engages in slander tactics of people that don't agree. He's currently alienated himself from most of the atheist community, like what happens with most people who join the regressive left. Very few people respect him anymore or want anything to do with him.

Reactions: Dio

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I used to live across the street from Aaron Volpatti, who played for the Vancouver Canucks. I met him several times.

I was in a mall and met the guy that played Esteban in The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. I had an autographed picture but idk what happened to it.

I met Miley Cyrus once, but it was pretty brief, and it was before she first cut her hair. I don't have any pictures, sadly.

Jake Gyllenhaal was on my flight to New York. He was in first class, happened to catch a glimpse of him as we were leaving the plane, idk if that counts as "met".

Can't think of any others off the top of my head.

A lot of sports people I don't remember, but the more famous one being Bart Star (was on TV with him when I was a child).

Also met Brent Spiner, John De Lancie, and Jonathan Frankes. That was at a convention so it was nothing out of the ordinary or anything.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I helped at two Portland Trail Blazers games growing up, and between those and a fan night I met most of the '06-'07 team. My job was being on court to rebound balls during halftime. During their 2008 home game against the Bulls, I was run over (in person, not by a car) by one of the Bulls. Not sure which one.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I once met the actress Dawn French in a supermarket many years ago, she is from the same city as I am from along with Tom Daley the diver who I went to school with.

I have met Gok Wan the fashion consultant and Rick Wakeman who is a musician.

I also have regular tea and crumpets with the Queen.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_French
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Daley
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gok_Wan
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Wakeman
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_II

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom